PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Questions

PlasbianX
January 25th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Alright so I have a few questions. I have dual monitors. My primary is on the left monitor, and my secondary is on the right. Now, I have a few questions regarding em. How do I set a single background that stretches across both screens? And at the same time, If I'm playing a game and I accidentally move my mouse to the secondary and click, my game windows out. Is there a way to disable that too? Also, How can I set a different background image on each monitor if I wanted to? And I'm using XP.

FireDragon04
January 25th, 2008, 07:01 PM
To the clicking on the other screen thing, no, im just use to it now lol.
And i use a program called 'Ultramon (http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/download.asp)' to monitor both my screens, and allows u to set a duel desktop wallpaper across both screens, and select one for each if thats your choice, amazing program!

paladin
January 25th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Can you run SLi while using two screen. When ever I turn sli on, it doesnt recognize my other monitor, but when I reset up the monitors, i turns sli mode off.

PlasbianX
January 25th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I have no clue. But one thing i wanna ask now, is it possible to make a batch file that will enable / disable my secondary monitor? That may just be easier to simply turn off my other monitor when im trying to play a game.

InnerGoat
January 25th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Can you run SLi while using two screen. When ever I turn sli on, it doesnt recognize my other monitor, but when I reset up the monitors, i turns sli mode off.
No, unless you run a third card just to run the second display. I'd dump those 8600GTS onto ebay and get a 512mb 8800GT and have both displays work...

JDMFSeanP
January 25th, 2008, 10:19 PM
To get a single wallpaper if each monitor is say 1280x1024 then make something in PS that is 2560x1024 and set it to tile, it will stretch over both screens.

PlasbianX
January 25th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I just decided ill disable my right monitor everytime I play a game. Sucks though cause I have icons on that screen and they always move to the left side and fuxxor it all up when I do that.