PDA

View Full Version : Halp! Vista BSODs!

Terin
January 25th, 2008, 10:42 PM
All technology in my house is going straight to hell. In fact, the only decent thing working is my iPod touch which I'm using to post this. I need a windows machine with a working CD drive and ethernet. The only computer that falls in that categorey is a dell inspirpn 1501 laptop. However, it has recently had a very distorted BSOD after the welcome screen, and reboots.

However, safe mode boots perfectly fine, so I need some advice on how to use it to fix it. I have norton anti-virus scanning, but I doubt that malware is the problem. I have very little programs that boot up on start, but there still could be something there. However, in the control panel, I get very few actual options, and windows defender is not in there. What else can I do to troubleshoot?

kenney001
January 26th, 2008, 12:27 PM
All technology in my house is going straight to hell. In fact, the only decent thing working is my iPod touch which I'm using to post this. I need a windows machine with a working CD drive and ethernet. The only computer that falls in that categorey is a dell inspirpn 1501 laptop. However, it has recently had a very distorted BSOD after the welcome screen, and reboots.

However, safe mode boots perfectly fine, so I need some advice on how to use it to fix it. I have norton anti-virus scanning, but I doubt that malware is the problem. I have very little programs that boot up on start, but there still could be something there. However, in the control panel, I get very few actual options, and windows defender is not in there. What else can I do to troubleshoot?

stick in your vista restore CD and reinstall...

Terin
January 26th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I can't find my Vista CD right now. But that doesn't seem to be the problem. I installed some maybe new drivers for my video card, and it messed it up. I disabled it in safe mode and now it's working somewhat. I just need to find some new drivers and I'm good to go.