Dane
Wave of Lag
Lightning
Supersunny (perhaps)
Teh Lag (perhaps)
Flyinrooster

FAQ---

Q: what is High Res Halo?
A: HRH will bring new glory to old classic maps in the form of more graphics intense geometry, lightning, and shaders.

Q: Ohh, so whats going to be overhauled?
A:
Vehicles
Warthog
Ghost
Scorpion
Banshee
Weapons
Assault Rifle
Pistol
Sniper Rifle
Shotgun
Needler
Characters
Master Chief
Levels
Longest
Sidewinder
Blood Gulch
Hang Em High (maybe)
New Mombassa Classic Q: Will my computer be able to run it?
A: Due to the outdated rendering engine that can't make use of newer tech, the only computers who will be able to handle this mod are also the people who can run unreal tournament--or perhaps Crysis--well.

Q: How long will this mod take to do?
A: Well, i bet that the entire mod will take about three times the amount of time it's going to take me to model New Mombassa Classic. This things a bitch. So, probably late summer 2008.

beele
January 28th, 2008, 03:47 AM
sounds cool, and looks cool.

n00b1n8R
January 28th, 2008, 03:49 AM
not my beloved pistol D:

no love for the banshee? :(

Bad Waffle
January 28th, 2008, 03:49 AM
shee is gay, you are gay

malolo420
January 28th, 2008, 03:51 AM
What beele said.

nooBBooze
January 28th, 2008, 08:25 AM
XCE is still alive? o____O

SuperSunny
January 28th, 2008, 08:34 AM
We're still alive!??! I like this.

StankBacon
January 28th, 2008, 08:41 AM
awesome.

although i must say, FUCK BLOODGULCH, do Danger Canyon!

pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssse?

Sel
January 28th, 2008, 08:49 AM
FUCK BLOODGULCH, do Danger Canyon!

Sever
January 28th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Lol, NMC is NOT located on a halo, WoL. Also, will you be keeping the weapon/player spawns the same, or giving everything a good overhaul? Some of the weapon placements could definitely be tweaked on Blood Gulch.

Kalub
January 28th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I remade the Ghost/Banshee skins at 2048^2... they are on halomaps somewhere. See if Dan0 can use them for a base map or something

ExAm
January 28th, 2008, 10:33 AM
*mind is blown*

Syuusuke
January 28th, 2008, 11:20 AM
New found glory!hole

Timo
January 28th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Sounds like awesomeness guys. Hopefully you're going to do some badass portalling to help out :p Oh, and you should totally use that in-game menu jcap and I made (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/Timo12/Image_000024-1.jpg) :-D

Apoc4lypse
January 28th, 2008, 12:21 PM
for a sec i thought u meant it was going to be on another engine like crysis and stuff or w/e.. lol n/m...

looks kool :cool:

NuggetWarmer
January 28th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I like this project.

Tweek
January 28th, 2008, 01:40 PM
i want to join in tbh. just not this map. i've never liked mobasa
but srsly, you're going to have the same problems i had on my map. the untextured beta some of you played. you know it's going to be like that.

InnerGoat
January 28th, 2008, 03:09 PM
In on this

Lateksi
January 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I have no words to describe how much I respect you guys keeping the old game engine alive :O

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 28th, 2008, 03:40 PM
This looks like its gonna be a good overhaul, too bad there will be people who cant run this and that means less people, so for the people who like the good gfx, may not be able to play with as many people, unless someone builds a hack to allow people to join Bloodgulch servers and such that are being played but then have it be with the good gfx even though its on the original bg,
still looks like alot of fun!

Con
January 28th, 2008, 03:57 PM
awesome.

shee is gay, you are gay
put a shee in it ffs

Tweek
January 28th, 2008, 04:15 PM
actually, i might do Danger Canyon :v

Syuusuke
January 28th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Just don't screw up the shee like H2CE did =/

(Was invulnerable to everything except heavies and nades...)

paladin
January 28th, 2008, 04:22 PM

I liked that :/

Bad Waffle
January 28th, 2008, 05:48 PM
awesome.

This is a good Idea. Tweek had a danger canyon map in progress, we'll see about that.

Sounds like awesomeness guys. Hopefully you're going to do some badass portalling to help out :p Oh, and you should totally use that in-game menu jcap and I made (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/Timo12/Image_000024-1.jpg) :-D

That ingame menu (plus the UI, sans delta halo and instead just a dynamic spotlight in a dark room lighting a hog and the chief)

i want to join in tbh. just not this map. i've never liked mobasa
but srsly, you're going to have the same problems i had on my map. the untextured beta some of you played. you know it's going to be like that.

I won't have the same problems, the last build of Ravaged was 40k at least and it didnt give me any shit, even on my laptop with a radeon 9000 mobile. Plus, i'm using a system of dynamic detail through scenery (that can be lod'd and culled, even without portals). This has been proven to work, the light parts of geometry in the sewers are alpha geometry made from scenery. Also, this is a damn good reason to do that Danger Canyon model...do it however you want, style-wise.

I liked that :/

Note: i'm not going to touch or edit the gameplay mechanics in any way. The only difference will be the lack of a pistol, replaced by the BR--which will fire 24 rounds in two round bursts, with the exact same ROF of the pistol. The three round burst annoys me, makes the rifle sound less powerful. Two shots loosely right after one another is much more of an umph.

If the shee looks bad when next to the rest of the content, then yea, i'll take a look at it. But note that the only reason i've ever used the shee in 5 years of halo is to quickly get to the parking structure roof for sniping.

Con
January 28th, 2008, 06:04 PM
People like to use it for quick flag caps, but you can fix that if you move its spawn away from the base so defense has a chance to get him before he escapes in it. That's assuming he didn't come in one. In that case, some turrets would help.

Jay2645
January 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Some Hog turrets mounted on the base would be nice.

I suppose that you can model in a ledge into the side of the cliff by each base, and stick the Banshee on it, accessible via a ladder. Maybe have some Hogs and such parked under it...

But I say BG, Hang 'Em High, and Danger Canyon FTW!

Sel
January 28th, 2008, 07:12 PM

put a shee in it ffs

:whoosh:

What, didnt Cons have his own Shee emote before :O

Bad Waffle
January 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I really don't want to add any more turrets etc. We'll try them out in beta tests, if it doesnt work, im going with the tried and true classic layout.

Jay2645
January 28th, 2008, 07:22 PM
It's your map.

And I think that Shee emote was in [IMG] tags.

hobojoe
January 28th, 2008, 07:34 PM
looking good!

paintballakid5
January 28th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Ummm looks good, it's hard to see the details from the Low quality youtube video, but the Renders looks Smexy, keep up the good work!:D

Bad Waffle
January 28th, 2008, 07:53 PM
It's your map.

And I think that Shee emote was in [IMG] tags.

but i don't own the souls of the people playing on it, so i just want to make sure people can have FUN on it.

Roostervier
January 28th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I'll be getting back on the computer more again lately, and I could definitely help out. Also, :awesome:.

Jay2645
January 28th, 2008, 08:33 PM
but i don't own the souls of the people playing on it, so i just want to make sure people can have FUN on it.
Speaking of which, I just remembered that Conscars owns my soul, so I guess I have to go do whatever he wants me to on his maps...

ODX
January 28th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Q: Will my computer be able to run it?
A: Due to the outdated rendering engine that can't make use of newer tech, the only computers who will be able to handle this mod are also the people who can run unreal tournament--or perhaps Crysis--well.

Oh, ok. My brother's new computer should hopefully be done before this is out. A computer for under $1k, with an 8800GT, and 500GB of hard drive space. That can run Crysis 'well' right? :lol:

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 28th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Yes odx that will run crysis well, considering it runs on my 8300gs :O
Ide like to try to help with this, I made a pretty good 1024x1024 snow texture if you would like it tell me, ide be glad to help out with this in any way shape or form.
Ask away!

Bad Waffle
January 28th, 2008, 09:34 PM
post it here and we'll see?

Bad Waffle
January 28th, 2008, 09:37 PM
DOUBLEPOST!

DOUBLEUPDATE!

Had some time today to start modelling the hog body. The interior's going to be a bitch. The gun will be fun :D

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/918/hogwirepe2.png

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3636/hog4yw2.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1610/hog3va2.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5964/hog2by2.png

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7117/hog1ek3.jpg

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 28th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Okay, i first gotta convert it though.. Ohshi, i forgot to back it up >.> well im gonna try to remake it
Also, what resolution should it be? 2048x2048 or 1024x1024?

Edit: That hog looks smexy Lag Keep it up!

Bad Waffle
January 28th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Meh, don't bother if you lost it.

Ki11a_FTW
January 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Id tap dat shit right there

+rep

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 28th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Heres a New one, not as good as the old one but still WIP
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2127/snowwm0.jpg

The real thing is 2048x2048 but for some reason is lower on there..

Jay2645
January 28th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Heres a New one, not as good as the old one but still WIP
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2127/snowwm0.jpg

The real thing is 2048x2048 but for some reason is lower on there..

What. The Hell. Is that.

It looks like one of those little paintings where, if you stare long enough, they move together to form a picture.

Bad Waffle
January 28th, 2008, 11:11 PM
is it a hidden message? :confused2:

Xegrot
January 28th, 2008, 11:51 PM
That looks more like the texture of the ceiling panels I see when I look up at school.

:[

Kalub
January 28th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Great, now your all his minions.

wtg

Bad Waffle
January 29th, 2008, 12:29 AM
kalub did you get dumped or something whats with all the sadness

JDMFSeanP
January 29th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Those tires look D:

Botolf
January 29th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Those tires look D:

Mister, CAN I DATE YOUR TIRES?!

SuperSunny
January 29th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Detail Metal Scratches?

Bad Waffle
January 29th, 2008, 01:47 AM
or perhaps the speckle on stone.

Boba
January 29th, 2008, 01:59 AM

put a shee in it ffs
Kestral. :awesome:

Timo
January 29th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Putting a banshee in this would just be throwing a spanner into the works. Plus, i'll cry if you do ;_; Unless you would modify it to make it impossible to hover/to run you over

n00b1n8R
January 29th, 2008, 03:35 AM
If the shee looks bad when next to the rest of the content, then yea, i'll take a look at it. But note that the only reason i've ever used the shee in 5 years of halo is to quickly get to the parking structure roof for sniping.

I mean for all the maps that usually support it, not just NM :/
Incidentally, I hated new mombasa except on race. does that make me a bad person?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/n00b1n8R/doitfaggot.gif

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 29th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions on improving the texture, Or any links to good texture creation tutorials in photoshop? Also, thanks for the crit, in the end, the painless lie truely hurts more then the painfull truth.

Darqeness
January 29th, 2008, 11:49 PM
What's the texture meant to be? Reminds me of marble.

paladin
January 29th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Putting a banshee in this would just be throwing a spanner into the works. Plus, i'll cry if you do ;_; Unless you would modify it to make it impossible to hover/to run you over

Just make the shee so only I can enter it.

TPE
January 30th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Ehh I'm not liking the warthogs treads. Too rounded for a 4x4 tread.

http://www.intercotire.com/piclib/589.jpg

Anything remotely like that would look epic.

Kalub
January 30th, 2008, 03:29 AM
kalub did you get dumped or something whats with all the sadness

Thats sarcasm! See! Minions I tell you!

StankBacon
January 30th, 2008, 04:43 AM

i would love you forever

:D

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 30th, 2008, 09:34 AM
What's the texture meant to be? Reminds me of marble.

Its supposed to be snowyish, but if it would work better making it into marble, tell me, and please teach me how to improve.

ExAm
January 30th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Its supposed to be snowyish, but if it would work better making it into marble, tell me, and please teach me how to improve.For one, snow doesn't have black dots in it.

Tweek
January 30th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Thats sarcasm! See! Minions I tell you!

no, you've been acting like a fucking bitch for a while now man, get it over with.

Bad Waffle
January 30th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Ehh I'm not liking the warthogs treads. Too rounded for a 4x4 tread.

http://www.intercotire.com/piclib/589.jpg

Anything remotely like that would look epic.

they're not rounded at all. then, the geometry of the ties would need so many polies it wouldnt be worth it. i just applied a smoothing group to it, look at the wireframes ffs.

Kalub
January 30th, 2008, 04:48 PM
no, you've been acting like a fucking bitch for a while now man, get it over with.

Yea, not really. :eyesroll:

You see it started with him posting those awesome hog renders, and then everyone was drooling on him. So... I said, "Great, now your all his minions," meaning:

Holy shit, not only do I like the work, but everyone else does. It was sarcasm. I've been Wave's buddy (See:WoLmunist) for - like - ever now.

(You guys interpreted it wrong)

Tweek
January 30th, 2008, 05:06 PM
no, its been going on for longer
its not just that post.

JDMFSeanP
January 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM
IE you not being able to take -rep.

Kalub
January 30th, 2008, 05:18 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I told Jcap to get rid of all of that.

It was a bad week that lead up to me snapping on everyone. Nothing I can do, but face the consequences of my explosion. IE: The -rep

I'm not going to crap up this thread anymore, if you want to discuss it with me then take it to a PM

StankBacon
January 30th, 2008, 05:26 PM
way to shit up the topic guys.

JDMFSeanP
January 30th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Are the overhauled weapons going to be the only ones available in the maps?

Syuusuke
January 30th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Vehicles too man! And more...

Q: Ohh, so whats going to be overhauled?
A:
Vehicles
Warthog
Ghost
Scorpion
Weapons
Assault Rifle
Pistol (will return as Battle Rifle)
Sniper Rifle
Shotgun
Needler
Characters
Master Chief
Levels
Longest
Sidewinder
Blood Gulch
Hang Em High (maybe)
New Mombassa Classic

Tweek
January 31st, 2008, 04:29 AM
i'm going to do Prisoner first, then maybe danger canyon.

Bodzilla
January 31st, 2008, 06:09 AM
way to shit up the topic guys.
^

This looks great guys, i just wish you'd Consider making some of the smaller maps such as chillout, or Derelict.

god i love those maps <3

and nice fucking Hog WOL, and on a side note, so how goes contact with Dano atm?
is he really active on aim or something? i aint seen much of him online atm. i fear he got a life.
and who else is Texturing with our favorite long haired girl?

keep up the good work, and keep me posting.
because right now, I'm Moist.

E:

i'm going to do Prisoner first, then maybe danger canyon.
Neuro was in XCE at one stage wasn't he? Hit him up for his Prisoner re-make and you'd save ya self some serious time..
because that was looking awesome last i saw it.

anyone heard from him lately?

StankBacon
January 31st, 2008, 06:11 AM
w00000000t!

Sever
January 31st, 2008, 07:31 AM
WoL, one thing I want to know is how much of a 'remake' are you making the stock maps? If you are going to keep the same exact theme and just do everything in much greater detail, that's one thing, but if you are, for example, going to take Sidewinder and turn it into the inside of a UNSC ship or something, that's a different story. How much creativity are you intending to put into redesigning each level? I myself have had some pretty interesting remake ideas that take the map and bring it to new heights.

I am currently working on my Rat Race remake (don't expect anything major soon - I'm still learning how to model, and have a bit of a life left), which has been quite changed from the original scale, had an immense amount added to the general layout, and is firmly located in an Earth-based weapons shipping facility. Once I can model terrain properly I plan to remake Chill Out and Hang 'Em High as exterior semi-natural environments.

Geo
January 31st, 2008, 11:38 AM
Seeing Sidewinder remade as a the inside of UNSC ship would be interesting, but I think that a remake of Wizard would be cool. Good job so far guys. +rep

Corndogman
January 31st, 2008, 03:49 PM
I am currently working on my Rat Race remake (don't expect anything major soon - I'm still learning how to model, and have a bit of a life left), which has been quite changed from the original scale, had an immense amount added to the general layout, and is firmly located in an Earth-based weapons shipping facility. Once I can model terrain properly I plan to remake Chill Out and Hang 'Em High as exterior semi-natural environments.

it would be cool to see it like its further in the future and one of the walls has been destroyed allowing you to go outside with a cool looking environment. you could make it really good looking if you did it right. just a thought.

Bad Waffle
January 31st, 2008, 06:05 PM
WoL, one thing I want to know is how much of a 'remake' are you making the stock maps? If you are going to keep the same exact theme and just do everything in much greater detail, that's one thing, but if you are, for example, going to take Sidewinder and turn it into the inside of a UNSC ship or something, that's a different story. How much creativity are you intending to put into redesigning each level? I myself have had some pretty interesting remake ideas that take the map and bring it to new heights.

I'm keeping the map's style, the only part that will be changing is that the detail will be overhauled. No gameplay changes will occur, because then it becomes something other than a remake.

This isn't a mod to "fix" halo's gameplay--no, halo's gameplay is amazing. This is a mod to make my eyes water as i run over people with a hog.

Also to tide us over until halo 3...

Tweek
January 31st, 2008, 06:10 PM
I'm keeping the map's style, the only part that will be changing is that the detail will be overhauled.

oh..

:<

want me to start over?

Sever
January 31st, 2008, 06:14 PM
Tweek, keep what you have, finish it, and release it as your own. Also, at the same time, start over and finish/release HighResHalo versions of Prisoner and Danger Canyon. Prove how awesome you are.

MMFSdjw
January 31st, 2008, 06:17 PM
I'd LOVE to see a high res prisoner. Keep at it guys!

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 31st, 2008, 08:54 PM
Please say you will add a zombies gametype setup scripted in :)

Sever
January 31st, 2008, 09:02 PM
Zombies is not possible in Halo 1 or 2, due to lack of ability to script gametypes.

Pyong Kawaguchi
January 31st, 2008, 10:20 PM
Team change could be player set, but could weapon spawns be done properly?

Sever
January 31st, 2008, 10:27 PM
WoL has already said that this is just a graphical remake, nothing more.

Rob Oplawar
February 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
*grabs WoL by the ear, speaks in a severely annoyed manner* can I speak with you over here for a moment? *drags WoL painfully into the corner*

srsly, e-mail me, or get your ass on AIM. I have to talk to you about this.

ODX
February 1st, 2008, 05:22 PM
patrickssj is working on a Zombie gametype script, but what does it have to do with High-Res-Halo?

SuperSunny
February 1st, 2008, 05:44 PM
I'd LOVE to see a high res prisoner. Keep at it guys!

Working on it, well, partially. You get my drift.

Bodzilla
February 2nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Oh i just remembered why we havnt heard much from dano lately.

his sister pluged a USB cable in BACKWARDS into the puter and fucked his motherboard :/
come to think of it, i was sposed to take him a cd so he could re install windows :X

whoops.

ExAm
February 2nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Oh i just remembered why we havnt heard much from dano lately.

his sister pluged a USB cable in BACKWARDS into the puter and fucked his motherboard :/
come to think of it, i was sposed to take him a cd so he could re install windows :X

whoops.What the hell? You really have to jam those things in there to do that :/

Xetsuei
February 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Look at my system specs...I could test and do screenshots/videos at 1920x1080. D:

CtrlAltDestroy
February 2nd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Then again, halo is not a very demanding game at all.

Bad Waffle
February 2nd, 2008, 06:40 PM
holy fuck, two 8800GTX? sure thing you can do videos D:

legionaire45
February 2nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
Xetsuei™;218175']Look at my system specs...I could test and do screenshots/videos at 1920x1080. D:
I could do them at 2560 x 1600 :D.

All the stuff you guys have looks great so far. Keep it up. o/

Tweek
February 2nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
ffs, you can run halo at 8000x6000 on an overhead projector if you wanted to.

Syuusuke
February 2nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Need a semi-mid range card user to see how low it can go?

Botolf
February 2nd, 2008, 07:06 PM
I have an 8600 GT, that's considered midrange for this generation.

Sel
February 2nd, 2008, 07:10 PM
I have an 8600 GT, that's considered midrange for this generation.

I have an X1100 and I can play Crysis at 10 FPS :(

Can I play this :O

Pyong Kawaguchi
February 2nd, 2008, 07:56 PM
I can play this, i has a 8400, its decent :)

Sever
February 2nd, 2008, 08:04 PM
I have an I don't care get back on topic. I want to see some of the Covenant maps redone. Chill Out and Damnation would be awesome with redone lighting and modeling. I just wish I had enough skill to even play a part in this.

Syuusuke
February 2nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
I can't imagine Damnation differently, it would be nice to see different one.

Sever
February 2nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
They aren't making anything different, just in greater detail.

However, I had a remake of Damnation planned, but could never really get into it other than the basic 3d layout. I couldn't get a good theme to work for it that would account for the layout's oddities (the horizontal beams leading to the sniper ridge, the double-backing setup of the upper base, etc.) so I'm not bothering with it for a while. Once I can competently model terrain, I will, however, make a Chill Out remake which will have a very concise and logical (if you can call Forerunner architecture logical) theme.

t3h m00kz
February 3rd, 2008, 12:09 AM
I LOVE YOU FOR THE PISTOL TO BATTLE RIFLE THINGY YOU JUST DID THAR HAVE MEIN BABIES.

Sexy shit there son... revamped New Mombasa is sex

Bodzilla
February 3rd, 2008, 12:51 AM
What the hell? You really have to jam those things in there to do that :/
you havnt met his sister then, when theres a will theres a way.

like i think she broke the Plastic thing that stops you doing that lawl.

Syuusuke
February 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM
They aren't making anything different, just in greater detail..

Which is still different, but I know what you were trying to get me at.

SuperSunny
February 4th, 2008, 06:17 PM
They aren't making anything different, just in greater detail.

I believe some of the content will be different. For example, if Sidewinder were to be redone, it would be the typical same icy map. It would take place in an altered atmosphere, taking advantage of stronger graphical work.

Similar to Tombstone/Hang Em High, except without teh suck.

king_nothing_
February 6th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Pistol (will return as Battle Rifle)
I stopped reading right there.

Not really, but I should have. :fail:

Apoc4lypse
February 6th, 2008, 04:39 PM

what hows that one work... lol, I've never been able to fit a usb cable into my pc backwards ever. It just seems physically impossible.

At any rate that sux...

Also... ^ yeah :( no pistol. I never really liked the battle rifle to be honest. I personally liked it better when it was a semi automatic gun like in the e3 video. The burst fire always annoyed me, plus what rifle shoots only in burst mode, I mean wtf? (I bet there is a gun that does this and some gun knowledgeable person is gonna yell at me, but still its a dumb idea anyway).

I hardly ever used that horrid weapon in halo 2... the covi carbine was my fav rifle, aside from the sniper rifle.

Also about gfx cards.. ATI Radeon 9700 TX ftw :D

I need an upgrade... my system won't even run XP SP2. I have some sort of incompatibility problem with it that I can't solve.

SuperSunny
February 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Wave, I HIGHLY recommend against using any "Halo 2" weapons. Keep it Halo. No Battle Rifle. No weapon and statistic changes. It's a graphical improvement to how the game looks and interacts. At best, simply just improve upon the animations and the feel. The Bungie-Style has been proven to work.

It turns gamers away when a change is made that reflects upon gameplay in a negative way. Battle Rifle combat in Halo 1 has not been proven effective enough to retain the value of the original game. The Pistol has been, and will probably still be, the greatest weapon in the entire game!

Even if the model is to be changed, I believe it should not. Simply upgrade the Pistol Model and Animation! Keep it idea exactly the same.

Zeph
February 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Also... ^ yeah :( no pistol. I never really liked the battle rifle to be honest. I personally liked it better when it was a semi automatic gun like in the e3 video.

That's what it's going to be. It's just a graphical update. The model for the pistol is going to be replaced with a BR.

Sever
February 6th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I'm just making a recommendation: make this (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M6J_Carbine). It would explain the pistol's precision and accuracy a bit better, and would be new, while still being a pistol. Just a suggestion, though.

Bad Waffle
February 6th, 2008, 06:07 PM

Wave, I HIGHLY recommend against using any "Halo 2" weapons. Keep it Halo. No Battle Rifle. No weapon and statistic changes. It's a graphical improvement to how the game looks and interacts. At best, simply just improve upon the animations and the feel. The Bungie-Style has been proven to work.

It turns gamers away when a change is made that reflects upon gameplay in a negative way. Battle Rifle combat in Halo 1 has not been proven effective enough to retain the value of the original game. The Pistol has been, and will probably still be, the greatest weapon in the entire game!

Even if the model is to be changed, I believe it should not. Simply upgrade the Pistol Model and Animation! Keep it idea exactly the same.

No gameplay will be changed--only the model. But i think i'll retain the pistol, and place battle rifles on the map. They can supply pistol ammo, because they're practically the same weapon. I think ill even have the backpack mod, anybody like or dislike that idea? Meh, we'll mess with it anyways.

Sever
February 6th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Why would you keep the Pistol as a usable weapon, but place Battle Rifles as ammunition? It makes no sense. Stick with one throughout, and preferably the M6D or a variant thereof for the reasons of consistency.

Bad Waffle
February 6th, 2008, 06:34 PM
but i like the br :(

Sel
February 6th, 2008, 06:42 PM

Agreed, keep the pistol :rape:

Bad Waffle
February 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
alright, im axing the br and keeping pistol. Rejoice!

StankBacon
February 6th, 2008, 06:57 PM
yay, br is ugly/shitty.

Con
February 6th, 2008, 07:05 PM
yay!

Bad Waffle
February 6th, 2008, 10:07 PM
im thinking of giving the pistol a magnum-esque remodel with a slightly longer barrel and scope. It'll look sweet, fo sho.

Anyways, hog update.

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/3259/update1me7.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/5131/update2jy7.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/9440/update3if8.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1336/update4zm3.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/3231/update5ms3.jpg
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2406/update6wb4.jpg

Sever
February 6th, 2008, 10:13 PM
im thinking of giving the pistol a magnum-esque remodel with a slightly longer barrel and scope.

So, basically the M6J Carbine (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M6J_Carbine), as I suggested before. Also, hog looks hawt. All it needs is a driver seat... and a steering wheel... and a passenger seat... and a dashboard... and... lulz.

Bad Waffle
February 6th, 2008, 10:15 PM
lulz are already installed, check under the hood

also, yes on the pistol, minus the stock. That would look funkay with the chief.

Roostervier
February 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Awesome gun is awesome. :awesome:

I like it a lot, it looks great.

Sever
February 6th, 2008, 10:27 PM
M6J without a stock would make since, seeing that stocks can be easily removed for storage purposes, and Spartans are capable of wielding other extremely high caliber weapons without any major recoil problems. Other than that damn SMG. Seriously, what the fuck is up with that? You can effortlessly flip a tank and easily haul a god-knows-how-many megaton bomb, but the popcorn-maker-gun still has upwards recoil.

Bad Waffle
February 6th, 2008, 10:37 PM
bungie took the "its a game" motif too far, if you ask me.

Timo
February 6th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Can't wait to see that badass hog skinned :-D

Bad Waffle
February 6th, 2008, 10:41 PM
my god, it will be epic.

BobtheGreatII
February 6th, 2008, 10:50 PM
So why does the hog only have 2 barrels on the chain gun?

Edit: Nvm it's not the regular spinning chain gun.

Bad Waffle
February 6th, 2008, 10:54 PM
because i felt like mounting two futuristic M2's on it? It looked a lot more badass than the revolving turret, i checked.

BobtheGreatII
February 6th, 2008, 11:12 PM
because i felt like mounting two futuristic M2's on it? It looked a lot more badass than the revolving turret, i checked.

Lol, ok. It does look better, but I still kinda miss the revolving turret spewing bullets everywhere. :(

Bad Waffle
February 6th, 2008, 11:13 PM
bullets will be spewed everywhere still, although now theres two 50's spewing em :D

BobtheGreatII
February 6th, 2008, 11:19 PM
bullets will be spewed everywhere still, although now theres two 50's spewing em :D
Epic.

t3h m00kz
February 6th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Sexy as fuck oh mah gawd

Tweek
February 7th, 2008, 09:58 AM
i dont like the new gun

ExAm
February 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
bullets will be spewed everywhere still, although now theres two 50's spewing em :DNedz moar 3 rotatin 50s spewin k?

EDIT: Or quadmount <3

StankBacon
February 7th, 2008, 07:47 PM
i dont really like the new hog at all tbh.

it just looks too smooth and round.

chicane
February 7th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Well, maybe I'm a blind fool, but I'm not quite sure I understand what this is :confused2:. I think what I've understood from the post is that your putting halo maps and other content on different game engines and in higher quality?

Bad Waffle
February 7th, 2008, 07:59 PM
i dont really like the new hog at all tbh.

it just looks too smooth and round.
cars usually arent boxes, you know.

Nedz moar 3 rotatin 50s spewin k?

EDIT: Or quadmount <3
i think because everybody hates the two, ill go back to rotating tri barrels.

Well, maybe I'm a blind fool, but I'm not quite sure I understand what this is :confused2:. I think what I've understood from the post is that your putting halo maps and other content on different game engines and in higher quality?

It's halo...in high res. Thats why i named the mod High Res Halo.

chicane
February 7th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Oh really? I'm sorry I didn't know that was possible :(.

JDMFSeanP
February 7th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Don't like the new turret, it's just not hog for me.

Bad Waffle
February 7th, 2008, 08:12 PM
i already said it, ima change the turret back D:

Boba
February 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM
What about an M61? It's a rotary cannon, and modern. :-3

JDMFSeanP
February 7th, 2008, 08:53 PM

Oh, my apologies, skipped that piece.

You should try a h3 style turret over an h1 maybe, might be cool, or combine some elements of both.

SuperSunny
February 7th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Before judging by a lack of properly rendered screenshots with all the textures applied, it should be judged until it is textured and in-game. Keeping that in mind, I think those renders should not have been shown until it reached that stage.

Bad Waffle
February 7th, 2008, 09:32 PM
sunny, i like to show updates to the model to see if people liked how it turned out, before i uv and texture it. It helps make everybody happy. And with that said, i redid the barrel. Take a peek.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5071/86489494js1.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/378/newgunqs0.jpg

JDMFSeanP
February 7th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Only thing I can say is maybe make the tip piece a little larger, but thats just personal preference.

Great work!

BobtheGreatII
February 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
The hooks seem off, just the shape I think, they don't look like you could hook anything up to them.

Edit: And where are the lights on top of the windshield, srsly, that's like a key part of the hog.

Edit 2: and maybe the intake fans on the hood of it too, that would be cool.

Edit 3: Meh, keep finding things, just little stuff, I know you're going for an original look, just some things that you might be able to add. Some of it could be covered by textures (like on the wheels) but I really think it would be cool to have the vent/intake in the hood.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1881/66754782tm2.png

Bad Waffle
February 7th, 2008, 11:52 PM
uhh, yea i wasnt done. Don't worry, i knew i hadnt modeled the front vents or the foglights. It will come...don't have an aneurism...

BobtheGreatII
February 8th, 2008, 12:00 AM
uhh, yea i wasnt done. Don't worry, i knew i hadnt modeled the front vents or the foglights. It will come...don't have an aneurism...

Ok, lol, just ideas.

ExAm
February 8th, 2008, 01:14 AM
sunny, i like to show updates to the model to see if people liked how it turned out, before i uv and texture it. It helps make everybody happy. And with that said, i redid the barrel. Take a peek.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5071/86489494js1.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/378/newgunqs0.jpg

I am ExAm, and I approve of this gun. I suggest you taper the individual barrels outward a little towards the back. Most miniguns have barrels like that.

Bad Waffle
February 8th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I am ExAm, and I approve of this gun. I suggest you taper the individual barrels outward a little towards the back. Most miniguns have barrels like that.

They do taper out a bit, but ill make it more noticable. I'll also make the flashguard thing a BIT bigger.

Sever
February 8th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Make the end ring on the turret triangular, not cylindrical (like the mid-disc attaching the three barrels, but without the indents). It looks better when items like that conform to the contours underneath.

Reaper Man
February 8th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Looking awesome. I hope you're planning on doing mental ray lightmaps. :-3

paladin
February 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Nice job.

Bad Waffle
February 8th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Make the end ring on the turret triangular, not cylindrical (like the mid-disc attaching the three barrels, but without the indents). It looks better when items like that conform to the contours underneath.

tried that, didnt look better. Only the mid-disc.

Sever
February 8th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Try a triangular hexagon, maybe. Like the Nod symbol from C&C. It might be good to have sharp edges to contrast the roundedness of the whole gun and firing animations. Just throwing ideas out there as usual.

TeeKup
February 8th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Most impressive WoL. I'm really loving that hog. Like boba suggested before, why not replace the banshee with the kestrel. Re-design the kestrel from scratch but keep the frame similar to the original concept. I would certainly love to see a High-res kestrel from you.

SnaFuBAR
February 8th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I'd rather see a high res, redesigned banshee tbh.

Leiukemia
February 8th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I hate you. I hate you I hate you I hate you. :( . This is rediculously fantastic, I just opened this thread for the first time and I'm blown away. Holy shit man. I fucking love all of it, I haven't read a thing, just looked at pictures, will read later.

Apoc4lypse
February 9th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I'd rather see a high res, redesigned banshee tbh.

I can agree, and the hog looks sick.

need moar texture :D lol /sarcasm

BobtheGreatII
February 9th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Hmm... what's coming next in the high res vehicle list?

Bad Waffle
February 9th, 2008, 09:06 PM
After i finish some bridge CE work (and the HRH biped), it will be the scorpion.

SnaFuBAR
February 9th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Hmm... what's coming next in the high res vehicle list?
Your mother rocket hog probably

BobtheGreatII
February 9th, 2008, 09:09 PM
NO YOURS! Nah really, that's cool, I hope so.

MMFSdjw
February 9th, 2008, 10:39 PM
NO MINE!

oh wait, how does this go again?

Anyway, looks great. Are you doing the cheif aswell? Has someone started on him?

Leiukemia
February 9th, 2008, 10:49 PM
After i finish some bridge CE work (and the HRH biped), it will be the scorpion.

Fuck I can't wait to see what you do with that man.

Bad Waffle
February 10th, 2008, 03:04 AM
NO MINE!

oh wait, how does this go again?

Anyway, looks great. Are you doing the cheif aswell? Has someone started on him?

Of course we're doing the chief. Look at the first post for complete list of details.

And yes...the scorpion will be pwn.

Cyanide
February 11th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I hope I'm not out of line by saying that I think you may have made an overstatement with the Crysis comment...

But this does look like its gonna be a Great idea....

But my question is....how many people are gonna play this because there computers might not be able to handle it.
Hell, half the people I know cant play Halo CE straight off the bat....

So again....how often or how long do you think this is gonna be hosted for?

But indeed, this makes me harder than a diamond in an ice storm! Sry, stupid reference from a crappy movie

BobtheGreatII
February 11th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I imagine they're gonna stress the Halo engine to it's max, so it wouldn't surprise me if it reached almost Crysis level of detail.

Cyanide
February 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I think you may be underestimating Crysis....

But maybe I'm overestimating Crysis....

Or underestimating this Mod....

Either way....its gonna be great.

And also...if you do New Mombasa, make it a map we'll wanna play....I hated the first one with a passion....

Perhaps make it smaller ( I know your not doing anything of that sort but for that map I think it may be necessary...)

Bad Waffle
February 11th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks for reading the first post and understanding the fact that im not changing any gameplay.

Bad Waffle
February 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM
UPDATE: Since i knew i wasnt gonna be changing anything to the roads, i uv'd and textured em, complete with diffuse/bump/spec.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3243/road1hr2.png
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6990/road2mk2.png
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/994/road3gy9.png
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6263/road4eg0.png

Sel
February 11th, 2008, 05:33 PM
WoL, dont be a pissant, sit back and let me suck your E penis.

Disaster
February 11th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Nice. Looks really good so far WoL. Looking forward to seeing this completed. +rep

Cyanide
February 11th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Damn...that looks nice! I like them more than the original ones, which I guess you could say looked Cell Shaded?

Anyways...E fellatio or not....that is awesome :D

t3h m00kz
February 11th, 2008, 08:06 PM
No baby skulls? :(

chicane
February 11th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Wow I really like that road texture

Sever
February 11th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Your roads aren't British enough. And what's with the grooves at the intersection?

Cyanide
February 11th, 2008, 09:10 PM
AAH! another question....your not gonna do that ridiculous spraypaint thing are you?

Because I know its not in your list but just hoping not.

Bad Waffle
February 11th, 2008, 09:15 PM
No baby skulls? :(

they're there, just beat into a mush and mixed with the cement.

randreach454
February 11th, 2008, 09:31 PM
if you play new mombasa, youll find a sign with jack bauer's(remember him?) and my name on it, you oughta recreate that texture and throw it into your remake :-D I think it was on the side of an onramp..

Bad Waffle
February 11th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Your roads aren't British enough. And what's with the grooves at the intersection?

british enough?

grooves at intersections? whats with them, won't you tell me?

Cyanide
February 11th, 2008, 11:11 PM
New Mombasa is a major port city and industrial center, located in the East African Protectorate on Earth.....

Africa + Future = Any Goddamn road imaginable ^-^

We could have freakin' Rainbow Roads for all we know...but I guess he decided to go for halo theme...since this is halo I think...not Brittan....lol.

Masterz1337
February 11th, 2008, 11:29 PM
How big is the gbxmodel tag for the hog?

Have you thought about the tag space limits?

Bad Waffle
February 12th, 2008, 12:12 AM
doesnt tool pro work if you only have 1 bsp?

Limited
February 12th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Your roads aren't British enough. And what's with the grooves at the intersection?British roads are poop. Roads look fine WoL, but a bit concretey

n00b1n8R
February 12th, 2008, 06:46 AM
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6263/road4eg0.png
what's up with the strange patern?
Also, fucking Americans, learn to drive on the correct side of the road. <:mad:>

Masterz1337
February 12th, 2008, 06:54 AM
doesnt tool pro work if you only have 1 bsp?
IIRC that will make it exception on loading. I only use tool_pro when finding out which bsp in the sp map has to many tags. And tool_pro can bypass UI restrictions.

Cyanide
February 12th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Australian historian M. G. Lay traced the first regulation of one-side-or-the-other to the Chinese bureaucracy of 1100 B.C. The Book of Rites stated: "The right side of the road is for men, the left side for women and the center for carriages." This Western Zhou dynasty rule applied only to the dynasty's wide official roads and was "more concerned with protocol than avoiding head-on collisions."

Right side came first :D

Anyways...Still looks great! Are you going to be doing anything "scripty", or is that too impactive on gameplay?

Bad Waffle
February 12th, 2008, 05:38 PM
if you play new mombasa, youll find a sign with jack bauer's(remember him?) and my name on it, you oughta recreate that texture and throw it into your remake :-D I think it was on the side of an onramp..

i never saw a sign in NMC with your guys name on it anywhere, and i would know seeing as how i probably spent a months worth of time playing that map. Ingame.

Also, fucking Americans, learn to drive on the correct side of the road. <:mad:>

what strange patten? :|

Sever
February 12th, 2008, 05:45 PM
The strange indentations that appear in the intersection. No normal roads have those. Not even future roads.

MMFSdjw
February 12th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Acctualy, many roads have patterns in them from when they put sensors for traffic lights in there. It makes sense for future roads to have similar sensors but more conplex resulting in patterns like that.

Either way, I think it looks fine.

Sever
February 12th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Yes, but the weight sensors are located where the cars are intended to stop at, not in the middle of the intersections. WoL, kill the indentations. Asphalt roads are not modular, they're a continuous plane.

MMFSdjw
February 12th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Oh quit nit picking.

SnaFuBAR
February 12th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Yes, but the weight sensors are located where the cars are intended to stop at, not in the middle of the intersections. WoL, kill the indentations. Asphalt roads are not modular, they're a continuous plane.
You don't know if a large section of the road is intended to be able to be taken out for maintenance with large equipment or anything like that.:ssh:

Roostervier
February 12th, 2008, 06:40 PM
The strange indentations that appear in the intersection. No normal roads have those. Not even future roads.
I get your argument about roads being "continuous plane" (despite the fact that most are curved, some plane, eh? Although I know what you mean =p) But really, the comment I quoted was just stupid. Not even future roads. I don't get how you'd know that. Tbh, I think they are fine.

Bad Waffle
February 12th, 2008, 07:11 PM
i know you really don't like it, but you're not thinking about aesthetics. Lets look at the forerunner. OMG, WHY DO THEY HAVE SUCH STRANGE ANGLES? OMG WHY DO THEY HAVE ALL THOSE PATTERNS ON TEH FLOOR! NO FLOORS HAEV DOSE!

see my point?

You don't know if a large section of the road is intended to be able to be taken out for maintenance with large equipment or anything like that.:ssh:
^ bingo

TeeKup
February 12th, 2008, 07:13 PM
i know you really don't like it, but you're not thinking about aesthetics. Lets look at the forerunner. OMG, WHY DO THEY HAVE SUCH STRANGE ANGLES? OMG WHY DO THEY HAVE ALL THOSE PATTERNS ON TEH FLOOR! NO FLOORS HAEV DOSE!

Because they forerunner were so cool they were allowed to.

Bad Waffle
February 12th, 2008, 07:14 PM
are you insulting my cool level? i think you are.

Just wait until i put some more crap into the level, then we'll see who's cooler...

TeeKup
February 12th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Do it!! >:U

Bad Waffle
February 12th, 2008, 07:20 PM
but i am le tired.

i seriously need to take a nap first, school drained me.

I WILL RETURN.

Sever
February 12th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Either do the patterns nowhere, or everywhere. Be consistent - it helps.

Bad Waffle
February 12th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Sever, realize what you're saying. there ARE patterns everywhere. that's how the roads are segmented in NMC, and thats how they're going to be segmented in this map. Stop being so bloody critical about the creases and think of the complete picture, otherwise you will never be able to make such a large and detailed map yourself--it'll take too bloody long. I've had enough of this--i always welcome people's crit, its what changed the hog barrel for example--but when its able something retarded thats carried out for a few pages then its just silly. I listened to you before, but im going to ignore the complete argument of the bloody road creases now because i'd rather make progress on the map. Capice?

Sever
February 12th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Good. Part of me was just having fun with how everyone reacted to it (what can I say, I'm playfully evil), but I'm actually fine with how it is. Keep at it, with this and any other projects you're working on, and keep showing us stuff at will. Also, any chance of doing an HRH version of No Remorse? Along with the HRH treatment, just a few bsp fixes and scaling issues would make that map even more amazing.

Bad Waffle
February 12th, 2008, 09:50 PM
oh don't lie you dog, i can see what you're doing you sly thing you ;)

If i did a no remorse it would take a while--but we're assuming i do this after NMC, so at least i'll have textures and detail objects out the wazoo to help.

ExAm
February 13th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Also, fucking Americans, learn to drive on the correct side of the road. <:mad:>I see what you did there :downs:

Heathen
February 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I like the road patterns tbh....makes it seem more..."wtf-ey." And thats what a sci-fi game is for.....

paintballakid5
February 27th, 2008, 05:49 PM
look like it's gonna be awesome Wave of lag, hopefully i wil lhave my new computer when this comes out.... but i think i'm gonna get my computer after this summer.(have to earn money at summer work)

keep up the great work Wave!:D

Leiukemia
February 28th, 2008, 01:54 AM
If you change the pattern on the road I will eat your brain. I will eat it. I'd fucking punch it and then eat it. I'd fucking step on it then punch it and eat it. So don't change the pattern.

p0lar_bear
February 28th, 2008, 02:44 AM
but i am le tired.

Well, have a nap...

...DEN FIRE ZE MISSILES!

n00b1n8R
February 28th, 2008, 03:27 AM
I see what you did there :downs:
:downs:

Bad Waffle
March 17th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Had some time to do some work on this, among other things.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2369/omgwow3sg7.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3181/omglulz2bh3.jpg
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9189/lolzomguk1.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/815/awerasdfasdfyn3.jpg

Everything is still very much a WIP.

PopeAK49
March 17th, 2008, 11:12 PM
everything looks nice but theres something about the parking garage in the second pic that seems almost out of place. i cant really explain it. or maybe just move the building back alttle.

Sever
March 17th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Everything is still very much a WIP.

Quite a lot of 'W' is evident, judging by the amount of 'P' in this WIP. I agree with the garage looking wrong, though. Even though many parts of the MP H2 level, Terminal, don't make much sense as to how they are placed pertaining to each other, still take a look at the parking garage in it, and emulate it slightly. Yours needs a bit more function built into its design. Its made to safely hold vehicles - give it some guard rails or cables (like the ones on ship decks, so the view won't be greatly obstructed for incoming and outgoing fire) and some more supporting columns (just not so much that they will provide ample cover - the garage is still meant to have risk to it).

Otherwise, I'm honestly really liking everything else. Keep it up, but don't burn yourself out on it.

Bad Waffle
March 17th, 2008, 11:31 PM
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3245/vshotrc5.png
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1454/asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfkw6.png
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8242/asdfasdfadfev0.png

JDMFSeanP
March 17th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Looks like epic fun, great work.

Bad Waffle
March 17th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Quite a lot of 'W' is evident, judging by the amount of 'P' in this WIP. I agree with the garage looking wrong, though. Even though many parts of the MP H2 level, Terminal, don't make much sense as to how they are placed pertaining to each other, still take a look at the parking garage in it, and emulate it slightly. Yours needs a bit more function built into its design. Its made to safely hold vehicles - give it some guard rails or cables (like the ones on ship decks, so the view won't be greatly obstructed for incoming and outgoing fire) and some more supporting columns (just not so much that they will provide ample cover - the garage is still meant to have risk to it).

Otherwise, I'm honestly really liking everything else. Keep it up, but don't burn yourself out on it.

I would have done that with the garage, but i have the keep the gameplay as sterile as possible. The old NMC didnt have rails, so this wont have rails, sadly.

Boba
March 17th, 2008, 11:46 PM
On the different buildings, you should have those hanging-glass panels with advertisements and shit on them.

paladin
March 17th, 2008, 11:51 PM
On the different buildings, you should have those hanging-glass panels with advertisements and shit on them.

Can I advertise? Ill pay money.

Bad Waffle
March 17th, 2008, 11:51 PM
its odd you say that boba, i was actually going to do that...

NuggetWarmer
March 18th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Looks good. I can't wait to check out the finished product. :)

Bad Waffle
March 18th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Can I advertise? Ill pay money.

oh sure. ill throw up a few templates tomorrow for some bulletin boards etc etc. i dunno about the money thing tho ;0

Sever
March 18th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Make the ads projected holograms. It is the future after all. If you can get away with having fucked-up roads, you can surely have holo-ads. lol

Masterz1337
March 18th, 2008, 08:53 AM
But the roads arn't fucked up. You just don't like them.

NuggetWarmer
March 18th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I like the roads. >:(

ItsMeTerror
March 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Idk what it is but to me everything look randomly placed, I mean great modeling but idk what it is thats making it all look out of place. Im thinking where its all missing textures.

Zeph
March 18th, 2008, 10:15 AM
everything looks nice but theres something about the parking garage in the second pic that seems almost out of place. i cant really explain it. or maybe just move the building back alttle.

What, you mean it actually works for gameplay now? RL Geometry != good gameplay.

Sever
March 18th, 2008, 01:16 PM
You just don't like them.
And you just don't like ninja-text. I already resolved the whole road issue a while back in this thread.

fatso784
March 18th, 2008, 01:44 PM
What, you mean it actually works for gameplay now? RL Geometry != good gameplay.

Hehe I get it... :lol:

Masterz1337
March 18th, 2008, 01:45 PM
If you resolved it, why bring it back up. And sorry if I don't highlight EVERY post I read.

Bad Waffle
March 18th, 2008, 02:40 PM
shush masters, you could have just left it at severs last post.

Im going to end up adding more detail in the form of some objects later on after a few gameplay tests, which wont happen as long as i cant figure out how to model a few parts on the outer boundaries of the level. The stuff inside is a cakewalk, but making realistic BOUNDARIES for the level, now thats hard stuff.

SnaFuBAR
March 18th, 2008, 09:05 PM
either use large barricades like i did with veblensk and extend the city beyond those, or block them off with architecture and closed off highway entrance tunnels.

Sever
March 18th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Maybe something along the same lines of - but slightly less sinister and destructive than - the Combine barricades from HL2.

Zeph
March 18th, 2008, 09:13 PM
either use large barricades like i did with veblensk and extend the city beyond those, or block them off with architecture and closed off highway entrance tunnels.

Do not extend what you can see of the city.

Bad Waffle
March 18th, 2008, 09:39 PM
no you see i could have already done all those, but it has to be big enough to block out banshees as well. Oh well, might as well just make an invisible wall.

BobtheGreatII
March 18th, 2008, 10:45 PM
no you see i could have already done all those, but it has to be big enough to block out banshees as well. Oh well, might as well just make an invisible wall.

I though the Banshees weren't getting put in. :gonk:

PopeAK49
March 18th, 2008, 11:57 PM

i didnt say anything works for gameplay, but even though something could look so realistic, and well design (not saying this map sux at gameplay.) it can still sux at gameplay. Even though this map is a wip i do hope this is epic.

Bad Waffle
March 19th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I though the Banshees weren't getting put in. :gonk:

what made you think that? banshees are a great aspect of the map.

Martini-562
March 19th, 2008, 03:10 AM

lol thats not what you said at the start of the thread.

Bodzilla
March 19th, 2008, 06:03 AM
it's what he's always said

NBC without a shee or two is like the MC without any balls.
does not work.

the maps large enough and theres enough cover all over the place to avoid them.

StankBacon
March 19th, 2008, 09:02 AM

of NMC?

O-o, they fucking RUINED the map and its game play.

Masterz1337
March 19th, 2008, 10:40 AM
THe only bag thing about banhsees in NMC was flag caps. They were awsome otherwise, and they never have been that ahrd to take down.

Sever
March 19th, 2008, 02:19 PM
That settles it - just make them not spawn standard on CTF.

Bad Waffle
March 19th, 2008, 03:05 PM
of NMC?

O-o, they fucking RUINED the map and its game play.
what are you talking about? they made it better. I thinky you never USED the shees, so you never REALIZED how good they were. You could use them in the beginning of a game to quickly get to the parking structure, rocket launcher, etc--you could use them for ctf rushes, defense, they were critical to the maps size.

That settles it - just make them not spawn standard on CTF.

I dont remember if they get spawned in normal CTF in NMC, but if they do, they'll spawn here. Guys, stop arguing the gameplay--i'm not changing it.

lol thats not what you said at the start of the thread.

lol yur rong nub

Hunter
March 19th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Banshees make the map awesome. I was always in one, and they are balanced.

fatso784
March 19th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Banshees make the map awesome

From the same people that brought you classics such as Hugeass and Coldsnap, comes a map so utterly unbalanced, it defies explanation.

Bad Waffle
March 19th, 2008, 04:42 PM
what? fatso, you made no sense right there.

Hunter
March 19th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Please explain what you just said fatso, because me nor Wave of Lag haven't got a clue...

JunkfoodMan
March 19th, 2008, 05:10 PM
From the same people that brought you classics such as Hugeass and Coldsnap, comes a map so utterly unbalanced, it defies explanation.

What fatso is saying is that Banshees are what makes a map's gameplay go down the shitter. And comparing what they made this map to Coldsnap or Hugeass.
Also, I don't think saying "I'm keeping the way I like it, I don't care about other's opinions" is very good at all. Maybe you could edit the banshee's capabilities in the map, or edit spawns (Like sever said).

Hunter
March 19th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Or add a homing rocket... Because banshees can still dodge homing rockets. Saves people crying about banshee noobs.