PDA

View Full Version : What could they have done better?

armoman92
February 2nd, 2008, 05:40 PM
When im reading various threads i always hear $hit about how H2V could have been better (or how much it $ucks). So here is a thread to post everything that could have been improved in H2V and made it a better game, all in one post. This is in no way flaming the game, just post what you think could have been improved.

thehoodedsmack
February 2nd, 2008, 05:50 PM
- Free Online Play
- More open-ended editing tools
- XP compatibility

That's really all that we wanted.

DrunkenSamus
February 2nd, 2008, 06:32 PM
- Free Online Play
- XP compatibility

That's always what we wanted...:eyesroll:

adumass
February 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
- Free Online Play
- XP compatibility

Only in our dreams I guess..:(

johnnyblaz20
February 2nd, 2008, 07:34 PM
Online play is free. Silver account anyone? I have gold but that's because i don't mind paying for the extra features. Besides for hosting a game none of the other gold features in mp were on halo 1.

I agree on the other 2 though.

Mr Buckshot
February 2nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
I don't really care about XP incompatibility and the online play. Not every PC gamer has the privilege of owning their own PC, let alone building one, so they use store-bought computers that would come with Vista if they had bought it after January 2007. Silver account gets you free online play, and MS has already transferred many Gold-only features to Silver users to cheer us up.

What could've seriously been improved is the performance and hardware compatibility on the game. H2V will refuse to run at all if you don't have a DirectX 9 video card - that means shader model 2.0 or later. I find this laughable and totally unacceptable considering that the game barely makes any use of even SM2.0. Seriously, there are DX8 games that look better than H2V. By rights, even a Geforce 4 Ti video card should have run the game with Xbox-comparable performance.

The game is also a system hog, yet it shows absolutely nothing in return for being such a hog. I now have a Geforce 8800 GT that can run the game at full settings smoothly, but my old 7600 GT couldn't achieve the same performance, when it can hit over 60 fps in superior-looking games at my monitor's native res.

But what's done is done and MS and Bungie no longer support H2V. Let's just hope that Halo 3's inevitable PC port fares better.

And before anyone says "it would've been better if they added co-op," the reason why H2V didn't have co-op was because its engine was incapable of syncing AI over the internet or even on LAN. If AI can't sync, that means no co-op mode. Rewriting H2V to support AI online would take too long, and so co-op was left out.