PDA

View Full Version : Level wont compile??!?!!?

swolleneyeballs
February 6th, 2008, 12:11 PM
umm ok i do all th stuff...i compile and light (at checkerboard or the next one up) then i comile the right text (unicode [strings] Name= "death b..." and a Discription) then i hit run h2 sapien and then it tries then it comes up with these word

Cannot load the file is currupt. halo 2 sapien will close down.

something like that.

someone help please!!!:(

Bastinka
February 6th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Fix grammar, and go into more detail?
I can hardly understand what you're trying to say.

swolleneyeballs
February 6th, 2008, 12:54 PM
okay here is what i do.
(UAC is off)

i create my map. i add the root (b_levelroot). then i save it as a max file into the Data/scenarios/multi/death basement/structure. then i export into into the same file as a .ASS

Opening up halo 2 map editor i click browse, navigate to the .ass file, then click open. i then click on the little circle box to 'compile and light' and set it to its lowest. then i hit compile....it goes through everything then i hit any key to continue. then i open up notepad and type in this

[strings]

Name= "the name of the map"
Discription= "then i enter a short discription"

then i save the file into my documents (because it wont let me save into the discriptions folder) as a Unicode [then moving it to the discriptions folder. then i click over to the tab (on h2 m editor) to compile text. it compiles then i click on Run H2Sapien and load my file ( deathbasment.scenario or something) then it starts to load it...then it comes up with this error/warning thing....here are exact words...

This file is corrupt and cannot be loaded. H2Sapien will now shut down.

is everything clearer now? :confused2:

Bastinka
February 6th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Well apparently it's corrupt, I've never used the H2 editor before but is there a debug.txt in the Halo 2 directory?

If so post the latest entry of that.

swolleneyeballs
February 6th, 2008, 03:44 PM
i guess but it has also happen to i think several other people on here (that i've read)

KIWIDOGGIE
February 8th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Is there any faces in your map named, +sky? That seems to fail me alot. If not add 1 face of +sky then retry. Also dont put spaces in the paths, Im not sure if that does anything but I always put underscores.

Vicky
February 8th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Already helped him out :P

Con
February 13th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Isn't it just because he did "compile and light" instead of compiling and lighting separately?

swolleneyeballs
February 13th, 2008, 10:07 PM
i dunno but having no space in the name made it work :)