PDA

View Full Version : 64 bit games

paladin
February 10th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I just got World In Conflict and it will not install on my machine (64 bit). I read on some forums that you can install 32 bit games, but not how to install them. Can anyone tell me how to?

SuperSunny
February 11th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I just got World In Conflict and it will not install on my machine (64 bit). I read on some forums that you can install 32 bit games, but not how to install them. Can anyone tell me how to?

That depends on the game. For example, for Half-Life 2, it will download normally in Steam (Vista 64 btw). When I launch it, it says 64-Bit Mode Enabled. BUT, if I want to run it 32 bit, I change the target preferences to add a -32bit mode.

But if it just won't install, then you need to check up on the problem for that specific game itself. Is the game 64-bit optimized, or is it 32-bit and have trouble with 64-bit operating systems? There are very few games that do. FEAR, for example, runs TERRIBLE on my system. The game has a memory leak because it doesn't run properly on 64-bit. Most games, on the otherhand, run exactly the same.

CrAsHOvErRide
February 11th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Running 64-bit and I haven't had any problems with games...yet.

(I may add that I have around 3/4 games or so xD)