PDA

View Full Version : First person in Vehicles?

Kiwibird
February 18th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I opened up the Warthog in Guerrilla and unchecked the flag "3rd person" or something like that in order to get first person while driving it. I made the new warthog to spawn in Sapien and when I went in game it wasn't there. I went back to Guerrilla to make sure I set it for all game types, and I did. Is Halo not spawning the Warthog because the game is not designed for first person while driving or something? I did this mostly for experimenting purposes in case I needed to do it later. I vaguely recall someone making a first person camera hack for driving awhile back. Is there a way to get first person while driving vehicles? I'm sure there is.

Gwunty
February 18th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Rip the hog from area 53. See how its set up in guerilla

Scooby Doo
February 18th, 2008, 06:49 PM
no fp animations for driving the hog tho, right? i'm not sure why the hog isn't spawning at all, but i don't think it will show up if u have no fp animations.

~Scoob

Ki11a_FTW
February 18th, 2008, 07:25 PM
did you put it in the globals?

Bad Waffle
February 18th, 2008, 08:15 PM
see if you edited mp_warthog.vehicle or warthog.vehicle.

You can set up a real fp view in the gbxmodel by going into the tag, looking at the markers and copying passenger camera. Invert the y value (add or subtract a - sign) and then subtract about 0.2 from the number because that marker represents the passenger's height as he leans out of the top, you want the driver who is in the car. Easy 3ds-less way to do it.

Kiwibird
February 18th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Oh, whoops. I didn't put it in the globals.

I edited the mp_warthog.vehicle. Also, I'll have to try that out, thanks! I forgot about the camera markers.

sdavis117
February 18th, 2008, 09:44 PM
All you need is HMT for fp vehicle modding. There is a button called "First person view".

p0lar_bear
February 19th, 2008, 02:47 AM
All you need is HMT for fp vehicle modding. There is a button called "First person view".

PROTIP:

HMT doesn't work on CE maps.

:v

CrAsHOvErRide
February 19th, 2008, 09:21 AM
PROTIP:

HMT doesn't work on CE maps.

:v
p0lar, actually it does xD

p0lar_bear
February 19th, 2008, 11:48 AM
p0lar, actually it does xD

Without changing the header to emulate a PC map?

CrAsHOvErRide
February 19th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Even without touching the computer's power button...I swear.

1$

Pyong Kawaguchi
February 19th, 2008, 01:47 PM
its called dothalo :P

itszutak
February 19th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Without changing the header to emulate a PC map?
Actually, back on GBX, I proved that a flamehog was possible by modifying an existing projectile in HMT and converting the map back to HCE.

But yeah, the map needs to be converted to PC before it can be read.

Took around two secs to convert (Some old app, I may still have it. No bitmaps or models were converted), and then it was just like HMTing a PC map.

Leiukemia
February 19th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Care to post a picture if you get it working?

Kiwibird
February 19th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Yeah, but I don't think I will be working on it. It was just a quick little thing I wanted to try out for further knowledge. I just wanted to know how to do it mostly. Thanks everyone who posted.

MNC
February 20th, 2008, 04:52 PM
You'll just get the FP view with a gun IIRC.

Kiwibird
February 20th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah... I got in the hog and my camera was placed at (0, 0, 0) in reference to the vehicle. So I would have to move the camera.

Scooby Doo
February 20th, 2008, 06:55 PM
i found this interesting:

i opened up 3ds and imported the hog with all nodes and markers using bluestreak. to my surprise, there was already a marker called #camera driver

has anyone else tried to import the warthog gbx model yet?

*EDIT*

well...i added the marker name that i found in max to the mp_warthog tags, unchecked 3rd person, and this is what i got:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/Scooby_Doo_Dog/hogfpview.jpg

I cannot shoot from the pistol or change weapons while i'm in the hog. it's really kinda cool except i can hardly see because of the reflection of the glass...

anyways, all you have to do is go into the tag(mp_warthog.vehicle) and go to the seats section. uncheck the third person flag and go to the camera marker name area section and add "camera driver". you don't have to add any markers, just edit that stuff and you'll see what i see.

~Scoob

Kiwibird
February 20th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Cool!

Scooby Doo
February 20th, 2008, 08:02 PM
even cooler...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/Scooby_Doo_Dog/hoggunnerfpview.jpg

~Scoob

chicane
February 20th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Now that would be really cool if the hands were actually on the turret. Would that be possible?

Kiwibird
February 20th, 2008, 08:05 PM
even cooler...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/Scooby_Doo_Dog/hoggunnerfpview.jpg

~Scoob

Yeah, I tried to do that too, except it resulted in the first way I explained. Now if we could only remove that pistol...

Scooby Doo
February 20th, 2008, 08:10 PM
i guess all you have to do is add fp model and anims...i dunno yet. but ima work on it.
and all i did was move some markers around...i didn't have to add any; the camera driver, camera side seat, and camera gunner were already in the tags.

~Scoob

Syuusuke
February 20th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Hey you know how you know another way?

Go inside a vehicle and turn on sightjacker (or use camera_First_person <etc>) and turn it off. Voila, FP in a vehicle.

But if you want to shoot and drive at the same time, you'll have to edit it =)