PDA

View Full Version : Marine Flashlights; Biped States

Botolf
February 21st, 2008, 06:03 PM
So I've been Ctrl f'ing my way through Truth and Reconciliation's scripts, looking for a way to enable the flashlights on the UNSC's finest. I found a command that looked appropriate, deduced what needed to be put into the different fields, and put this together:

(script startup flashlights
(sleep 500)
(units_set_desired_flashlight_state (ai_actors blockade/blockade_right )true )
(units_set_desired_flashlight_state (ai_actors blockade/blockade_left )true )
(units_set_desired_flashlight_state (ai_actors blockade/blockade_support )true )But it does nothing for me.

----

My other problem is with bipeds in Sapien. I can place down wounded marines, but the live actors insist on slaughtering them all. I get the feeling the proper way to do this is via a scripting command used on actors? I'd also like to know how to properly set up sleeping grunts-turned panicky grunts.

Thanks in advance, any help won't go unnoticed :)

S3anyBoy
February 21st, 2008, 06:22 PM
Make sure you have the correct name for you AI encounter.
As for wounded marines, what I had to do was setup a new Actor_variant for them and spawn them blind/deaf/braindead, to make sure they were on the same team.
The grunts should work if you set their initial state to sleeping.

Botolf
February 21st, 2008, 06:30 PM
Make sure you have the correct name for you AI encounter.
As for wounded marines, what I had to do was setup a new Actor_variant for them and spawn them blind/deaf/braindead, to make sure they were on the same team.
The grunts should work if you set their initial state to sleeping.
Rechecking spelling/value fields.

So a blind/deaf/braindead value and a new actor variant for the wounded marines, is that all I need?

Botolf
February 21st, 2008, 07:59 PM
Well, I checked and checked and checked, and everything's spelled correctly and set up like how it should be, but this just doesn't want to work. Has anybody gotten the flashlight to work on marines?

Ki11a_FTW
February 21st, 2008, 08:10 PM
yes, use a normal marine biped, then attach it to an encounter, then run the flashlight script on the unit

Botolf
February 22nd, 2008, 01:10 AM
That's what I did, brought in existing marine actor_variants, ran the script, but it doesn't work. By normal, do you mean the Assault Rifle marines (I think those were the ones used in the night mission)?

Botolf
February 22nd, 2008, 02:27 AM
Argh, I'm not getting anywhere with this. I found that the actor biped I was using wasn't set up to use a flashlight, so I fiddled with settings to imitate the marines that were, that didn't work, then I just tried swapping out the unarmoured versions for the armoured ones, but even that failed to change a thing. :mad:!

Ki11a_FTW
February 22nd, 2008, 10:40 AM
just place a marine, name it bob or something, then run this script on it:
(units_set_desired_flashlight_state bob 1)

If your marine is modifyed to not have a flashlight, id fix that ;)

p0lar_bear
February 22nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Also, dynamic lights and probably light volumes do not show in Sapien.

CtrlAltDestroy
February 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Light volumes do render in Sapien, however effects and as you mentioned, dynamic lights, do not.

Botolf
February 22nd, 2008, 06:43 PM
I've been testing everything in-game, so Sapien isn't giving me a false-negative.

just place a marine, name it bob or something, then run this script on it:
(units_set_desired_flashlight_state bob 1)

If your marine is modifyed to not have a flashlight, id fix that ;)
And the plot thickens:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5476/zomgzflashlightsmq4.jpg

At least I now know for certain that the bipeds are fully capable. Something be up with my script, I think. Can ye help me fix it, killa? :)

S3anyBoy
February 22nd, 2008, 06:58 PM
I've been testing everything in-game, so Sapien isn't giving me a false-negative.

At least I now know for certain that the bipeds are fully capable. Something be up with my script, I think. Can ye help me fix it, killa? :)
What's wrong? The guys have the flashlights on.

Botolf
February 22nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
What's wrong? The guys have the flashlights on.
They're just bipeds, they aren't the marine actors I had set up in the AI encounter. Unless I'm missing something, those bipeds won't do much except stand still and die.

S3anyBoy
February 22nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
That's what the AI_attach script is for >_>

Ki11a_FTW
February 22nd, 2008, 10:15 PM
They're just bipeds, they aren't the marine actors I had set up in the AI encounter. Unless I'm missing something, those bipeds won't do much except stand still and die.

use ai attach

I.E: ai_attach <biped name> <encounter name>
(without the >'s and <'s)

Botolf
February 23rd, 2008, 02:39 AM
Ah, k, I'll readily admit I had no knowledge of this before today, thanks, both of ya :p

S3anyBoy
February 23rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
Ah, k, I'll readily admit I had no knowledge of this before today, thanks, both of ya :p
Yea, I thought so, and I realized my responses were kinda vague, sorry.
Hope to see a cool mod from ya ;p

Botolf
February 23rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
Ya, hoping to finish it by the end of the year, don't want to rush things :p

I got the flashlights working, by the way, dropped to 30 fps with 6 marines all pointed at one spot, though :lol:

MNC
February 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
If you want to use ai instead of bipeds use
(unit_flashlightshizzle (unit (ai_actors [encounter/squad])0) 1)