PDA

View Full Version : lighting is wierd

cheezdue
February 23rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
does anybody has a resolution for this???? everytime i light my map, it wont light at all....the only way i can light it is by using the example lighting witch is really awful...so anybody knows how 2 solve this problem i have??

Vicky
February 23rd, 2008, 06:20 PM
If you light it, what does 'photons cast:' in the 'lightmap stats' report?

cheezdue
February 23rd, 2008, 10:17 PM
If you light it, what does 'photons cast:' in the 'lightmap stats' report?

wer can find that at??? i dont see it in my level's scenario file in guerilla or the structure bsp file

Vicky
February 24th, 2008, 04:19 AM
It's when you light it, in the dos-box right at the bottom.

cheezdue
February 24th, 2008, 01:40 PM
hm i c nothin.....

all it says is this.....

"usage: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2 Map Editor\\h2tool.exe verb <opti
ons..>
lightmaps <scenario> <bsp-name> <quality-setting>
Press any key to continue . . ."

Vicky
February 24th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Looks like you didn't select a map, or again have a space in the mapname or path...

cheezdue
February 24th, 2008, 08:27 PM
how do i do that?

Vicky
February 24th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Seriously, follow a vid-tut, don't use spaces in the mapnames or paths, use _ underscores instead and maybe u'll get a map to light. It's all documented, read it !

cheezdue
February 25th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Crap i just dont understand on how to place it on the dos-box. this is how im putting it on th dos-box

C:\Users\Jorge.Owner-PC>C:\<Halo2ArchitectDirectory>\ H2Tool lightmaps "\scenarios\multi\death_vally\death_vally" death_vally draft_medium

and this is how it tells me on how to put light on the help file

Syntax
C:\<Halo2ArchitectDirectory>\H2Tool lightmaps <scenario-path> <structure-name> <quality>

what the hell am i doing wrong???

or maybe i can find place to download these lightmaps

p0lar_bear
February 28th, 2008, 01:04 AM
You're missing the second parameter; the name of the scenario structure BSP.

cheezdue
February 28th, 2008, 05:16 PM

cheezdue
February 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM

cheezdue
February 28th, 2008, 05:21 PM
You're missing the second parameter; the name of the scenario structure BSP.

you mean like this??

C:\Users\Jorge.Owner-PC>C:\<Halo2ArchitectDirectory>\ H2Tool lightmaps "\scenarios\multi\death vally\death vally" death vally.scenario_structure_bsp draft_medium

or am i still doing it wrong?

Vicky
March 1st, 2008, 05:20 AM
you mean like this??

C:\Users\Jorge.Owner-PC>C:\<Halo2ArchitectDirectory>\ H2Tool lightmaps "\scenarios\multi\death vally\death vally" death vally.scenario_structure_bsp draft_medium

or am i still doing it wrong?

Are you on vista? If so use the launcher (all map starters should to prevent stuff like this).

Again you have a space in the map-name, use _ instead, and you don't need to give the extension, for now you could try:

H2Tool lightmaps "\scenarios\multi\death vally\death vally" "death vally" draft_medium

cheezdue
March 1st, 2008, 11:06 AM
This is so fustrating i dont know if its program or if its me but i did everything you suggested but it still doesnt work. And yes im using vista

Vicky
March 1st, 2008, 11:32 AM
Then name your map death_vally. Export the .ass to
Halo 2 Map Editor\data\scenarios\multi\scenarios\death_valley \structure

And do everything else from the launcher, running it yourself from a cmd-prompt is usefull if it closes before it finishes when h2tool is run from the launcher, otherwise the launcher should do all that you need (including copying it to the h2v-maps folder, you still wonder why it never shows up there?)

cheezdue
March 1st, 2008, 02:27 PM
hey that worked!!!!!! Man i owe you soooo much vicky!!!! +rep!!!!

Vicky
March 1st, 2008, 02:43 PM
Great!