PDA

View Full Version : 6200 vista drivers that dont suck

TPE
March 1st, 2008, 01:17 AM
Basically what I'm looking for. Lots of lag spikes in HPC. Halo 2 Vista whenever I pull up the carnage report it takes me down to about 3 FPS. Menus are laggy, too skippy to play. Aero interface lags like a bitch. I cannot move my windows without it just LOL'ing alover my screen. Also when I scroll it lags really bad in my browsers.

I know my GPU is better than this because without drivers none of this happens but I get this nasty problem with video codecs that make the movie into a whole bunch of colorful boxes moving around.

ANY help is welcome.

(If you cannot guess, I'm running 32bit)

Cortexian
March 1st, 2008, 01:30 AM
You should still get a new card, the 6200 is so 4 years ago.

TPE
March 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
Not what I asked for. Buying a new card is not an option for me at the moment.

Xetsuei
March 1st, 2008, 02:45 PM
Too bad, because it's not the drivers that suck.

TPE
March 1st, 2008, 04:11 PM
I know my GPU is better than this because without drivers none of this happens but I get this nasty problem with video codecs that make the movie into a whole bunch of colorful boxes moving around. Fucks sake, If it was painted in yellow and red while flying at your face you idiots would still not get it.

Xetsuei
March 1st, 2008, 05:29 PM
Fucks sake, If it was painted in yellow and red while flying at your face you idiots would still not get it.

Xetsuei™;226938']Too bad, because it's not the drivers that suck.

:v

Varmint260
March 4th, 2008, 10:22 PM
The point is that not everyone is in a position to buy a new graphics card (or how about there are more important things to spend money on than a new graphics card) so TPE came to us in the hopes that we could help a 6200 work in Halo 2 Vista. Is that so wrong?

Anyhow, I have a 6150 and what I do is use the NTune program to lower some graphics settings and I do a software overclock in it (from core clock of 425mhz to 559mhz) which doesn't seem to do anything whatsoever in most cases, but in Halo 2 Vista my frame rates go up as much as 20%. Don't know why it affects H2V more than anything else, though...

As for regular Windows with Aero enabled, I do not get LOLing of windows or lagging in scrolling... what's your RAM and processor?

As for better drivers, I'm afraid that the latest ones are still the best bet in this case.

BTW, do you run H2V and Aero at the same time?

And please be patient TPE; sometimes this community doesn't like giving help to people with old graphics cards if they can just type in that the card sucks and needs to be upgraded ;)

Xetsuei
March 4th, 2008, 11:27 PM
The point is that not everyone is in a position to buy a new graphics card (or how about there are more important things to spend money on than a new graphics card) so TPE came to us in the hopes that we could help a 6200 work in Halo 2 Vista. Is that so wrong?

Anyhow, I have a 6150 and what I do is use the NTune program to lower some graphics settings and I do a software overclock in it (from core clock of 425mhz to 559mhz) which doesn't seem to do anything whatsoever in most cases, but in Halo 2 Vista my frame rates go up as much as 20%. Don't know why it affects H2V more than anything else, though...

As for regular Windows with Aero enabled, I do not get LOLing of windows or lagging in scrolling... what's your RAM and processor?

As for better drivers, I'm afraid that the latest ones are still the best bet in this case.

BTW, do you run H2V and Aero at the same time?

And please be patient TPE; sometimes this community doesn't like giving help to people with old graphics cards if they can just type in that the card sucks and needs to be upgraded

FTFY

I'm sorry TPE but you're never gonna run H2V well with that, just wait and save up money for a new card.

Varmint260
March 4th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Depends on what you consider to be "well" for H2V. I consider above 20FPS with my 6150 on 800X600 at medium detail to be quite playable. A 6200 should be capable of at least the same FPS if the system is running right. However, some people aren't happy with their computers unless they can play games at 60 FPS. That's okay. Some aren't happy unless they can play at a ridiculously high FPS that their monitor's refresh rate could never hope to match.

By the way, Xetsuei, you could have simply quoted that last bit of my last sentence rather than take up the page with what's already been said but with lines through it. Don't say you fixed it for me when you know damn well that your fix has nothing to do with the intention of my post.

Xetsuei
March 5th, 2008, 12:00 AM
If H2V isn't running well it's running like shit, I don't know how you can stand 20 FPS. Also, I'm not changing it.

CrAsHOvErRide
March 7th, 2008, 10:23 AM
You need 13 fps for a a movie sequence...television hast 24(PAL)/30(NTSC)

You decide. :v

Xetsuei
March 7th, 2008, 02:50 PM
You need 13 fps for a a movie sequence...television hast 24(PAL)/30(NTSC)

You decide. :v

Wow that's completely wrong. 24fps is for movies in NTSC, and 29.97 for regular television. 25fps is used for PAL movies and regular television. I don't know where the fuck you got 13fps for movies, but it's wrong. Also it's not like you can really tell in movies that they are 24fps because you aren't interacting with them like you are with video games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

CrAsHOvErRide
March 7th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Xetsuei™;228775']Wow that's completely wrong. 24fps is for movies in NTSC, and 29.97 for regular television. 25fps is used for PAL movies and regular television. I don't know where the fuck you got 13fps for movies, but it's wrong. Also it's not like you can really tell in movies that they are 24fps because you aren't interacting with them like you are with video games.

Dude, stop bitching. If you reread my post I wasn't wrong at all. I said TELEVISION and I said the correct fps associated with them. What's wrong with you and your recent posts of correcting everybody?

PAL movies 25fps? There are 5 different versions of PAL (like PAL/SECAM in France)...they range from 24-25...they say avg. is 24.5 but typing out 24.5 seemed stupid to me....same thing for 29.97...24 or 25...29 or 30...who fucking cares?

After 13fps a human eye can't make out the individual frames anymore. I'm to lazy to dig around in google right now but in Flash for instance it starts with 13 fps always for a reason.

Xetsuei
March 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Dude, stop bitching. 1. If you reread my post I wasn't wrong at all. 2. I said TELEVISION and I said the correct fps associated with them. What's wrong with you and your recent posts of correcting everybody?

3. PAL movies 25fps? There are 5 different versions of PAL (like PAL/SECAM in France)...they range from 24-25...they say avg. is 24.5 but typing out 24.5 seemed stupid to me.... 4. same thing for 29.97...24 or 25...29 or 30...who fucking cares?

5. After 13fps a human eye can't make out the individual frames anymore. I'm to lazy to dig around in google right now but in Flash for instance it starts with 13 fps always for a reason.

1. Yes you were.
2. They weren't correct.
3. The average is 25.
4. Obviously you because you posted this and the last post about it.
5. Also wrong.

Varmint260
March 9th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Cool it, guys. This thread was about TPE asking for our help and it's turned into a "I'm right you're wrong" thread and a "don't help TPE 'cause his video card sucks" thread.

If you don't want to deal with the original topic, then don't post in this thread.

Anyways, looks like TPE isn't posting in this thread any more since it probably looks obvious to him that he won't get any help, so I suggest a lock.

Xetsuei
March 9th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Cool it, guys. This thread was about TPE asking for our help and it's turned into a "I'm right you're wrong" thread and a "don't help TPE 'cause his video card sucks" thread.

I never said either of those statements.

Warsaw
March 9th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Xetsuei™;226938']Too bad, because it's not the drivers that suck.

Xetsuei™;228018']FTFY

I'm sorry TPE but you're never gonna run H2V well with that, just wait and save up money for a new card.

Xetsuei™;228775']Wow that's completely wrong. 24fps is for movies in NTSC, and 29.97 for regular television. 25fps is used for PAL movies and regular television. I don't know where the fuck you got 13fps for movies, but it's wrong. Also it's not like you can really tell in movies that they are 24fps because you aren't interacting with them like you are with video games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

Xetsuei™;228783']1. Yes you were.
2. They weren't correct.
3. The average is 25.
4. Obviously you because you posted this and the last post about it.
5. Also wrong.

Your tone and diction imply it. End of story.

Admins/mods, lock please.

Xetsuei
March 10th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Your tone and diction imply it. End of story.

Admins/mods, lock please.

Thanks for quoting everything I said, I'm sorry if there's no help for TPE and that I like to correct people who are wrong.

Cortexian
March 11th, 2008, 09:12 PM
First two posts answered TPE's post.