PDA

View Full Version : Zune Restarting Problem

BobtheGreatII
March 5th, 2008, 01:56 AM
I went to add a few things to my 30gig Zune tonight. And when I took it to bed and tried to turn it on, it started at the main start up screen (the Zune logo and the little bar at the bottom reloading) but didn't show the bar and only flashed for a second and then went black. I was confused and thought I had done something wrong, but after I tried again, the thing went nuts and started restarting over and over and over again until finally it showed the battery low symbol and just shut off. Confused, I put it in my little stereo dock thing and it booted up just fine showing the battery full. I think I'm gonna try to sync it wirelessly, anyone else think it might be a corrupted music file? Also, when I went to plug it into my computer with the USB cord, it simply went to the first screen and loaded all they way and restarted. I have no idea what's going on, please share any ideas that you might have.

odseraphim
March 5th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Check to see if it's locked? That's my only suggestion. I had the same problem before, thought my Zune was broken, and it turns out, I flipped it to look at the top of it, and saw the orange indicator that showed that my Zune was locked.

Warningshot3
March 5th, 2008, 06:16 AM
my brother had the same thing happen hours after getting it. it would have to be a currupted system file cuz if it had been a music file im sure the zune would bitch about it with a message and not restarting over and over.

i hate to tell you this but you might need to send it in for repair.

because the zune wasnt on sale in australia at the time ms wouldnt fix it. he got new one and its been ok but ill never get a zune now.

i hope im wrong about your zune though.
maybe this might help. http://zuneinsider.com/archive/2007/02/07/how-to-reset-your-zune.aspx

BobtheGreatII
March 5th, 2008, 08:18 AM
To: odseraphim (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=621)

Wrong. If it was locked, I would have never been able to turn it on in the first place. :rolleyes:

To: Warningshot3 (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=1595)

Yah, I think I'm gonna send it in. I hope my one year warranty isn't up. Also, I'm not having a problem with trying to figure out how to restart the thing. I've had my Zune for a while, I know the ins and outs of it. Please don't talk to me like I'm dumb...:eyesroll:

Edit: Yah, it's not a corrupted music file. I think the entire thing is fried. I only know it's not a music file because when I put it in my dock I can do whatever I want with the thing, but the second I take it out of my dock it shuts off. So I went into different folders (Videos, Pictures, Music) and everytime I pulled it out of the dock it shut down. So yes, I think I'm gonna send it in.

itszutak
March 6th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Sounds like the battery's dead. :/

BobtheGreatII
March 6th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Does no one read what I type?

I put it in my little stereo dock thing and it booted up just fine showing the battery full.
Oh well, sent it off. So now I wait.