PDA

View Full Version : How to make the spartan laser projectile?

gordigo
March 5th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Hi the title of the post explain what i need, i am working on the projectile but i cant make it, any ideas?

t3h m00kz
March 5th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Take a projectile like the Sniper bullet. Save it as a custom projectile, like laser.projectile.

Go into the impact damage. Give it about 125 damage on impact, make sure it CANNOT headshot. Save the impact damage as laserimpact.damage_effect

Go into the contrail. Make everything red, change it to the same bitmap the AR uses, and set the render type or whatever as "add." Also make it start at about 0.5 world units and end at 0, of course. Save it as laser.contrail.

Make it detonate upon impact on every surface. Take the detonation effect from the Needler impact effect, make the particles larger, make them red. Save it as laserdetonation.effect. (Off topic, I'm planning on making it more like it was in the H3 beta... overpenetrates through mostly everything, but also detonates)

Add a damage effect to that effect. Use the superdetonation of the Needler (I'm not sure what it's called), give it a radius of about 0.5 wu min, 1 wu max, and bit of damage (I'd say 30 damage max, 20 min), as well as a bit of force (mess around, I think 0.1 would be good). Save that as laserdetonation.damage_effect.

If you really want to go for accuracy also give the weapon itself a trigger damage that gives you -0.5 (I think) temporary camera impulse.

This should cover most of it... to be honest this is one of the more simple projectiles I've worked on. I've gotten some to have two contrails with some tricks, modified lighting effects, projectiles detonating into more projectiles, etc.

If you want to learn anything else about them let me know.

I hope I helped you learn something.

chicane
March 5th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Frankly if you want it to be accurate, there is no explosion upon impact and You really should make your own contrail bitmap.

p0lar_bear
March 5th, 2008, 11:40 PM
First, do what Muki suggested for the projectile, but make the projectile only do about 50 damage.

-Only a primary magazine in the Magazines block.
--Leave all values for the primary magazine 0 or blank.
-Primary trigger (all field values are zero unless otherwise stated):
--Uncheck all flags
--Rounds per second: 10 to 10
--Magazine: NONE
--Firing noise: loud
--Charging time: 3 seconds
--Overcharge action: discharge
--Spew time: .5 seconds
--Projectile: (the one you created)
--Heat generated per round: .2
--Age generated per round: .04

For the "firing damage" effect, mess with the camera impulses as you please until you find settings that work. Then under the "damage" section, do this:

-Side effect: harmless
-Uncheck ALL flags
-Stun: .8
-Max Stun: .8
-Stun time: .5 seconds

---

In theory, these settings SHOULD emulate the laser. I haven't tried it myself, though. :/

t3h m00kz
March 6th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Stun on trigger damage doesn't seem to work. I've tried it, I've also tried having an explosion created that only does stun damage as well. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but... whatever. ;O

Also, even with the way I have the projectiles set up, they seem to be a tad too weak. I can easily sweep them over the target and not kill them. But then again I may have the damage set differently, I didn't check what I had it as. I just did this off of the top of my head.

Frankly if you want it to be accurate, there is no explosion upon impact and You really should make your own contrail bitmap.

There is actually an explosion on impact ;P In Halo 3 if you stand next to a wall and fire your laser at it, it'll probably kill you if not take down your shields.

chicane
March 6th, 2008, 05:31 PM
But it doesn't look like its exploding. I've always sort of assumed that was a minor reflection from the impact. In any case it certainly doesn't LOOK like its exploding, so the needler explosion effect won't really fit.

gordigo
March 6th, 2008, 06:58 PM
OMG thanks to all +rep to all lol

gordigo
March 6th, 2008, 07:28 PM
only fail is the age and heat generated per round it decreases in 35-40 when i fire

t3h m00kz
March 7th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Switch it to like 0.04 age per round, that should be 0.2 when all five shots have been released. That'll be 1/5th of the battery. And heat really, REALLY fucks up the laser. I've tried implementing it before and I've gotten glitches.

gordigo
March 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM
yeah the battery is 0 but i can shot i hate that glitch

teh lag
March 10th, 2008, 08:01 PM
yeah the battery is 0 but i can shot web i hate that glitch

:v I had to...

Also, make sure that under the $$$ WEAPON $$$ section of the tag in Guerilla, the flag "cannot fire at maximum age" is ticked on.

teh lag
March 11th, 2008, 02:31 PM
that flag is ticked on but i can shot, for the heat generated per round i use 0.23523 and decreases 100-80-60-40-19-0, now i have a new problem, when i shot i can shot 1 projectile with 4-5 heat how can i fix this? and thanks to all for your help

Alright, you're going to need to rephrase that in a coherent manner. I have no idea what you're trying to say there. Also, it's spelled "shoot," not "shot." I tried pointing that out in my last post.

gordigo
March 11th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Sorry :( i have some problems with the english

gordigo
March 11th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Now I repaired the heat generated per round with 0.23523 of heat, now i have two glitches, 1 the battery is 0 but i can shoot, but isnt a overcharged shoot, but by now I can't tell about the second glitch

paintballakid5
March 11th, 2008, 05:08 PM
hi

gordigo
March 11th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Any ideas in to how to repair the giltch? (i can fire with 0 battery) and the "cannot fire at maximum age"........
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2934/flagkl4.jpg

t3h m00kz
March 11th, 2008, 08:18 PM
If the gun has two triggers take the second one out. I don't know exactly what's going on or what's up with your tags so that's just a guess

p0lar_bear
March 11th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I just took a look at the default plasma pistol tag.

On the contrary to what I said earlier, add a primary magazine. BUT, leave all of the values zero. Then go to the primary trigger, and link it to the primary magazine.

gordigo
March 11th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Ok thanks I'll test later

My sign Gracias Gordigo