PDA

View Full Version : SDHC cards (I need a quick answer)

0m3g4Muff1n987
March 9th, 2008, 06:54 PM
2 questions. 4GB and up SD cards are considered SDHC, right? If so, do the Creative Zen 2.5" players support SDHC cards? I need to know if I should get a 4GB device (because there's a few good deals on Ebay), and only be able to expand up to 4GB total because 2GB is the highest you can go without treading SDHC territory, or just save my money and get a 2GB player and be able to expand more, for cheaper?

Um, that actually was kind of long. Heh heh. TLDR: Are 4GB and up SD cards considered SDHC, and do Creative Zen 2.5" take SDHC?

(I needed a quick answer because I want to be able to win the auction quickly as to ensure my Zen gets delivered as fast as possible (even though the auctions I'm looking at are from about 40 mi. away :p))

Hotrod
March 9th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I'm pretty sure the Zens only accept regular SD cards, not the SDHD. You'd be better off getting the biggest one (I believe it's 8 GB), and a 4 GB card.

0m3g4Muff1n987
March 9th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I really don't need more than maybe 8GB, maybe. At the most. So should I pay $85 for a 2GB for a max capacity of 6GB, or pay $100 for the 4GB for a max capacity of 8GB? BTW, the 4GB has much faster shipping.

And I thought 4GB was SDHC.

Warsaw
March 9th, 2008, 09:52 PM
It is a $15 difference, might as well get the bigger one.

klange
March 10th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Anything made after 2004 or something like that should accept SDHC... My laptop does, my camera does, my PDA does (and my PDA was made in... 2004). A brand new Zen should accept an SDHC card, unless Creative is horribly lazy and refuses to accept the new standard.

Hotrod
March 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Anything made after 2004 or something like that should accept SDHC... My laptop does, my camera does, my PDA does (and my PDA was made in... 2004). A brand new Zen should accept an SDHC card, unless Creative is horribly lazy and refuses to accept the new standard.

Well, my sister just got the new Zen, and I didn't think it supported SDHC, though I could go check right now.

0m3g4Muff1n987
March 10th, 2008, 05:48 PM
If you could check, that would be awesome. I just bought the 4GB one BTW, it's coming from Virginia (I'm in MD) from about 40 miles away so it should be here by tomorrow or so.

Hotrod
March 10th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I just checked, and it only said that it's an SD slot, and did not specify if it was SDHC or not. Also, I asked my dad, since he must have tried SDHC, and he said that it only supported regular SC.

0m3g4Muff1n987
March 11th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Actually, I just checked a part of the Creative web site (http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/zen/?nav=sdcard), and there was a supported SD card section. There's some 8GB's on there, so I think it might. I guess when I eventually run out of space on my internal memory, I'll try an SDHC. Whatever. Thanks guys.

Reaper Man
March 11th, 2008, 07:24 AM
My sister has a Zen, and I got her an SDHC card for it. Works fine.