PDA

View Full Version : Getting AI in vehicles in Campaign

Invader Veex
March 12th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I've tried to get AI in vehicles in campaign maps (modded by me) ..and I've failed. I tried a command line long ago to get what I wanted where...never worked.

Just tried script...didn't work.
[ (script startup enter_wraith
(ai_go_to_vehicle beach_lz wraith1 "driver" )) ]
[I've also tried dormant] And I just used the same kind of script in a multiplayer map to test (worked) ... any help?

S3anyBoy
March 12th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I've tried to get AI in vehicles in campaign maps (modded by me) ..and I've failed. I tried a command line long ago to get what I wanted where...never worked.

Just tried script...didn't work.
[ (script startup enter_wraith
(ai_go_to_vehicle beach_lz wraith1 "driver" )) ]
[I've also tried dormant] And I just used the same kind of script in a multiplayer map to test (worked) ... any help?
If you're using that, the seat name has to be the actual string (like for the warthog it's "w-driver" not "driver"
Or just use vehicle_load_magic on an AI biped instead, as long as the player isn't looking at the wraith, which I assume he isn't.

Invader Veex
March 12th, 2008, 07:38 PM
If you're using that, the seat name has to be the actual string (like for the warthog it's "w-driver" not "driver"

Tried That didn't work. Also, I just needed to put "gunner" rather than "CD-gunner" in my multiplayer test, and it worked. (I was using a c gun turret for that...)

As for the magic, I have

(script startup enter_wraith
(vehicle_load_magic beach_lz "wraith-driver" wraith1))

Sapien says object name not valid :|

S3anyBoy
March 12th, 2008, 07:52 PM
As for the magic, I have

You have to spawn a biped and use AI_attach, you can't do an AI encounter, also for magic I think you just need "driver"
Also, silentcartographer=win

Invader Veex
March 12th, 2008, 08:56 PM
So how would I type this all up? I'm sort of clueless, never really done much with scripts...

:eyesroll: Sorry bout this...heh.

Kornman00
March 13th, 2008, 02:54 AM

because you have the arguments backwards...

Invader Veex
March 13th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Woo! Thanks both!

-picforfun-
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2626/wraithinb30bi2.jpg (http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2626/wraithinb30bi2.jpg)