PDA

View Full Version : ai_migrate problems

Echo Ranger 449
March 14th, 2008, 11:39 AM
The up-side: I've finally figured out how to create a go-to command that flying ai will be able to complete and move on to the next. No problem.

However, I am trying to use the ai_migrate command to act somewhat like a command list: when the player reaches a certain point, the ai switches from one side of the building to the other and fight there. I have created firing positions for them, but even when they fly over the building (so they're halfway between their "old" (or current encounter) and the new one I told them to migrate to, they simply turn around and go back.

I told the vehicle to migrate... is that the problem?

adumass
March 14th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Did you tell the encounter to migrate? Does the encounter their migrating to have a squad in it?

Echo Ranger 449
March 14th, 2008, 12:49 PM
It doesn't have a squad in it. Is that what it needs?

Also, if I tell it to migrate from the new squad to a third one, do I use the new encounter's name, or can I still use the old one?

adumass
March 14th, 2008, 12:57 PM
You need a squad in the encounter your migrating the ai to. I don't really understand your second question.. If you migrate ai from one encounter to another with just the encounter names they will enter the first squad in that encounter.

Echo Ranger 449
March 14th, 2008, 03:28 PM
original encounter- 1
1st encounter to migrate to- 2
2nd encounter to migrate to- 3

Yes I got it to work. Thanks!

Also, it seems that I can't really control when a continuous script I put in turns on or off. I tried using the (wake <script> ) and (sleep -1 <script> ) but they don't seem to do anything.

>>>I just found my problem- I forgot to switch the name of the encounter inside the continuous script. I'll try it out later.