PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Epic Phantom glitch

Masterz1337
March 15th, 2008, 01:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p8E0AB6Ehw

It's awsome.

Zeph
March 15th, 2008, 03:15 PM
They might have been harder to make, but that's why recorded animations were better, in my opinion. It kept everything realistic, forced everything to have proper physics, etc. I understand the reasons they went to the new system of animation, but when things break it ends up looking bad like that.

Masterz1337
March 15th, 2008, 03:29 PM
What does h3 use instead?

PenGuin1362
March 15th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Bad? Maybe. Hilarious? Yes. You can ride the phantom in crows nest. Old trick but kinda fun. Until you end up at the very bottom of the level with an empty phantom that you can't fly :(

Zeph
March 15th, 2008, 04:25 PM
What does h3 use instead?

Just normal animations. Now that you dont die when reaching terminal velocity, you can stand on top of anything and go as fast as you want. Think about what would happen if you stood on a warthog in Halo 1, the driver started going forward, then compare that to Halo 2. Halo 3 is like that, but much better now.

Con
March 15th, 2008, 05:27 PM
like masterz told me on AIM, it would have been sweet if the thing had just exploded on impact. It would've been very cinematic.

Hotrod
March 15th, 2008, 07:59 PM
like masterz told me on AIM, it would have been sweet if the thing had just exploded on impact. It would've been very cinematic.

Now that would have been very cool to see.

It would also have been cool if you could actually fly it too.

Sel
March 15th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Same thing is with halo 1s wraiths.

You can flip them too.

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 16th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Truly :awesome:

adumass
March 16th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Just normal animations. Now that you dont die when reaching terminal velocity, you can stand on top of anything and go as fast as you want. Think about what would happen if you stood on a warthog in Halo 1, the driver started going forward, then compare that to Halo 2. Halo 3 is like that, but much better now.

So they used normal animations to make halo3's dropships move? I thought they used ai.. Wouldn't it use a lot of time to make those animations?

Kornman00
March 17th, 2008, 01:03 AM
They do all their cinematic animating in Maya. In Halo 3 A LOT (if not all) of the cinematic operations have been streamlined and automated so directors don't have to do so much work getting them ingame anymore and can actually focus on making the cinematics grade A.

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 19th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Too bad the chief's helmet doesn't have RTR unlike cutscenes.
That would be awesome

Jay2645
March 19th, 2008, 07:46 PM
They HAD it, but they had to remove a lot of MC's next-gen features that would have made the Halo 3 look like it was on the PS3 because of Framerate issues.

Masterz1337
March 20th, 2008, 02:39 PM
And you have plenty of facts to back that up don't you Jay?

Terry
March 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Bungie themselves said that it is in the engine but they removed it because it was more or less useless ingame anyway and cube maps look just as good.

BlatentB asks,

What happened to the real time reflections on Master Chiefs visor?

Nothing. They’re still in the game engine, but they’re not really much use, and are kind of a waste of CPU, so in many instances, MP for example, we save resources for more important stuff by using cube maps.

Jay2645
March 20th, 2008, 07:56 PM
And you have plenty of facts to back that up don't you Jay?
Yes I do. See above post.

adumass
March 20th, 2008, 08:02 PM
They do all their cinematic animating in Maya. In Halo 3 A LOT (if not all) of the cinematic operations have been streamlined and automated so directors don't have to do so much work getting them ingame anymore and can actually focus on making the cinematics grade A.

I don't get it what do you mean streamlined and automated.. is animation in Maya easier?

Jay2645
March 20th, 2008, 08:09 PM
By far, yes.

Lord Mirko
March 20th, 2008, 09:26 PM
LMAO

Zeph
March 20th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Yes I do. See above post.

Yes, we see, but do you? You never do something that takes up a lot of CPU if it only gives negligible output.

Jay2645
March 22nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
Close enough, I was going off of memory from one of the weekly updates; I couldn't be fucked to look that up.

Masterz1337
March 22nd, 2008, 08:43 PM
They HAD it, but they had to remove a lot of MC's next-gen features that would have made the Halo 3 look like it was on the PS3 because of Framerate issues.

Bungie themselves said that it is in the engine but they removed it because it was more or less useless ingame anyway and cube maps look just as good.
I fail to see that as the same thing. Bungie just mentioned that RTR was removed. I have no idea where you got the ideas for the rest of your post. Maybe if you tried not to pretend you know everything about everything, you wouldn't end up looking like a 5th grader asking if his boner had a bone.

Con
March 22nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Maybe if you tried not to pretend you know everything about everything, you wouldn't end up looking like a 5th grader asking if his boner had a bone.
At least he's not chasing someone down an arguable hole to prove a point that nobody cares about.

Masterz1337
March 22nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
touche

TheRMBFurion
March 29th, 2008, 01:23 AM
what would be the best software to use on the 360 to record some video clips from halo 3 to put on places like youtube for instance?

JDMFSeanP
March 29th, 2008, 02:25 AM
You need hardware, aka capture card

CrAsHOvErRide
March 29th, 2008, 06:40 AM
You can also use a USB device for capturing....or your camcorder (I don't mean recording your TV screen) if it has an AV input.