PDA

View Full Version : Need help making a map, please help!

SilverCaboose
March 16th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I am in dire need of an experienced map makers help, my programs are being butt-munches and i just need someone to help me. To give you a description its going to be easily bigger than Coldsnap, instead it has Sand like a desert, still has a crack in the middle, its bases are different, and completely new vehicles. Get back to me when you can.

-DaCaboose!!!

LlamaMaster
March 16th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Nobody's going to do your work for you.

p0lar_bear
March 17th, 2008, 01:26 AM
I'm debating whether or not to lock this. It seems a bit more like a request to have a map or mod made for you rather than help with getting things to work.

FYI, work requests are pretty much reserved for people who are well known for things they have done for this community. We'll try to answer questions you have pertaining to issues, but only if you're willing to take the time and dedication to learn Blam content creation. This stuff isn't easily learned overnight, and while knowing how to use SDKs for other game engines may be a plus, Blam (aka Halo) is an entirely different ballgame.

paintballakid5
March 17th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I'm debating whether or not to lock this. It seems a bit more like a request to have a map or mod made for you rather than help with getting things to work.

FYI, work requests are pretty much reserved for people who are well known for things they have done for this community. We'll try to answer questions you have pertaining to issues, but only if you're willing to take the time and dedication to learn Blam content creation. This stuff isn't easily learned overnight, and while knowing how to use SDKs for other game engines may be a plus, Blam (aka Halo) is an entirely different ballgame.

Amen.

Sel
March 17th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I am in dire need of an experienced map makers help, my programs are being butt-munches and i just need someone to help me. To give you a description its going to be easily bigger than Coldsnap, instead it has Sand like a desert, still has a crack in the middle, its bases are different, and completely new vehicles. Get back to me when you can.

-DaCaboose!!!

Not only does that sound like a terrible map Idea.

Its not happening, coldsnap is as big as a map can get, youre not going to be able to make a bigger one.

Lightning
March 17th, 2008, 04:32 PM
"Coldsnap is as big as a map can get, youre not going to be able to make a bigger one."

Literally, any bigger and tool will freak out at you and not even compile it, not to mention the awesome draw distance errors.

LlamaMaster
March 17th, 2008, 04:54 PM
"Coldsnap is as big as a map can get, youre not going to be able to make a bigger one."

Literally, any bigger and tool will freak out at you and not even compile it, not to mention the awesome draw distance errors.
Fog. :haw:

Zeph
March 17th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Third party memory hacking tool.
ftfu

paintballakid5
March 17th, 2008, 05:37 PM
the thing i don't understand is: why would you need a bigger map than coldsnap? seriously... that map is already Super huge!

JDMFSeanP
March 17th, 2008, 09:03 PM
And its already boring enough with its size.

fatso784
March 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM
If it wasn't for those new vehicles, Coldsnap would've been a shit in the grass of an otherwise clean lawn.

paintballakid5
March 20th, 2008, 10:55 AM
If it wasn't for those new vehicles, Coldsnap would've been a shit in the grass of an otherwise clean lawn.

how true...

and notice how he stoped posting in his own thread?

bobbysoon
March 23rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
coldsnap is as big as a map can get, youre not going to be able to make a bigger one.
Not true. Try making an inverted map, like a space station, where the bsp normals face out, rather than in. You don't get to use +sky, but you can go as far out as numeric precision allows, however far that is

paintballakid5
March 24th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Not true. Try making an inverted map, like a space station, where the bsp normals face out, rather than in. You don't get to use +sky, but you can go as far out as numeric precision allows, however far that is

ok well, the other Case in point is: "why do you need a map bigger than Coldsnap?::lol:

bobbysoon
March 24th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Space, the final frontier
case dismissed

Con
March 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM

yeah, ran into this one once trying to compile my old flight sim map, lawl.

paintballakid5
March 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Space, the final frontier
case dismissed

lol:D