PDA

View Full Version : How to play the gametype "Zombies".

Co Redsonic
March 20th, 2008, 03:06 PM
A lot of people on my “zombie” server’s don’t know how to play Zombies and it really bugs me. Ill make a Zombies server every other Friday or so and ppl join my server to fool around either way after reading my server name: “ZOMBIES GO RED”. Anyways, Zombies is a fairly simple game type. The player range can go from 6 to 12 players. Red team are the humans and the Blue team are the “zombies”. 1 or 2 zombies [Blue team] start out the match and try to kill the humans [Red team]. When a human is killed by a zombie the player that was the human must go blue [zombie]. If a human dies but a zombie didn't cause the death the human DOES NOT have to go blue. Also:If a human kills a zombie the zombie respawns normally. When all humans are “infected” the last human to get infected will start off the next round. Now there are 2 ways humans can win: 1. is to kill a certain amount of Zombies (usually 50) and the second way is to survive in under 15 minutes. Humans can shoot there guns but zombies CANNOT shoot. Vehicles use is prohibited for zombies AND humans.

Maps preferred to play Zombies in:
Snow Grove and Fragment V2 but any CMT map will do.

(I do ALL my Zombie games on CMT maps)

(Why? To play Zombies you need a weapon that’s an instant kill - the Spiker in CMT maps is perfect)

Humans can do everything a zombie can - plus shoot. Zombies can only: jump, grenade jump, melee, pickup weapons (they can’t fire them though), and use power up’s such as overshield/camo.

Tips: If you are a human- it’s good to stay in a group and camp a certain area. Don’t get separated and dont be out in the open. Carrying a shotgun isn’t a bad idea.

Tips: If you are a zombie- BE STEALTHY! Use Bitterbanana’s 3rd person hack! Stay in a group of other zombies and attack all at once! Use the Spiker for a 1-hit melee kill and use the SMG for a fast melee attack.

This is the gametype I use I created in my zombie games, you might wanna use this too:

Name: Zombies

--Game Options--
Death Bonus: Yes
Kill in Order: No
Kill Penalty:No
Kills to Win: 50
Team Play: Yes (Duh)
Time Limit: 10 or 15 minutes
Shields: Yes (Trust me, put shields)
Respawn Time: Instant
Respawn Time Growth: None
Odd Man Out: No
Invisible Players: No (Or Yes if you want ultra confusion for BOTH teams)
Suicide Penalty: 15 seconds
Starting Equipment: Generic (This makes it start out with Assault Rifle and SMG)
--Indicator Options--
Objectives Indicator: Nav Points
Other Players on Radar: No
Friend Indicators on screen: Yes
Auto Team Balance: NO (This is very important! Leave this on NO)

Cpt Anon
March 20th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Isnt it called "Infection"
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Infection
Also, dont the zombies get swords?
If they do, play at Z_Sanctuary

Tweek
March 20th, 2008, 04:35 PM
FAIL.

bungie stole the gametype because it was so popular in halo2, and it was called ZOMBIES.

bungie renamed it to infection in halo3.
sup new internet person.

CrAsHOvErRide
March 20th, 2008, 04:40 PM
How about a server tool that does it for you?

Co Redsonic
March 20th, 2008, 05:00 PM
How about a server tool that does it for you?
Like?

And Tweek is right, it was originally from Halo 2 named Zombies and later renamed Infection in Halo 3

Oh, and its not good to play at Z_sanctaury because those swords cause alot of lag when they sword lunge.

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 20th, 2008, 05:08 PM
I made a map for zombies, I used NeuroKoNeza's Foundation bsp, With permission of the ghost because he made the map go ingame, and NeuroKoNeza wasn't back at the time.
Players start with swords and pistols
Zombies use swords, humans use pistols, And would find shotguns all over the place ^.^
If you want the link to the map, ask me.

p0lar_bear
March 20th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Zombies on CE is such a joke. The whole thing was the zombies were given a lethal melee weapon (sword with LUNGE) in Halo 2, while normal players used guns.

Co Redsonic
March 20th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Its still fun, just a lil different and harder...:eyesroll:

Jay2645
March 20th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I hate any Zombies, LOLFINDDASECRETROOM!!!!!11, or RPG GO RED servers. I tend to like to go into them to screw with things.

TOTAL NUMBER OF SERVERS THAT DO THOSE THINGS BANNED FROM:
24. It WOULD be 25, but one idiot in a RPG didn't know how to ban, so I proceeded to kill everyone until he closed the server down.

Play the game the way it's meant to be played.

Co Redsonic
March 20th, 2008, 08:09 PM
please dont flame meh if you think this is gay or something. :eyesroll:

:eyesroll:

Jay2645
March 20th, 2008, 08:10 PM
And that wasn't a flame, I was stating an opinion. :eng101:

Co Redsonic
March 20th, 2008, 08:17 PM
LoL, fine

CrAsHOvErRide
March 21st, 2008, 04:17 AM
Like?

Like one I write for you.

n00b1n8R
March 21st, 2008, 04:33 AM
Zombies on CE is such a joke. The whole thing was the zombies were given a lethal melee weapon (sword with LUNGE) in Halo 2, while normal players used guns.
Hence the use of CMT maps for their spiker. :downs:

I hate any Zombies, LOLFINDDASECRETROOM!!!!!11, or RPG GO RED servers. I tend to like to go into them to screw with things.

24. It WOULD be 25, but one idiot in a RPG didn't know how to ban, so I proceeded to kill everyone until he closed the server down.

Jay, grow the fuck up. The game was made to be played, this is just another way of doing it.

OH NO, IT'S NOT DEATHMATCH OR CTF OR WHATEVER THE FUCK LIKE THE DEFAULT GAME MODES!!

So what? if you don't like it, don't play it. fuck off troll.

also go pat!!

Co Redsonic
March 21st, 2008, 06:37 AM
LOL. Go Pat!

CrAsHOvErRide
March 21st, 2008, 08:05 AM
You have MSN? I need the gametype if you can upload it and I also have some question.

sdavis117
March 21st, 2008, 04:30 PM
And that wasn't a flame, I was stating an opinion. :eng101:

Join a non zombie server then. If people want to play it differently they make their own servers so that gives them the right not to be bugged.

Kind of like those asses in Trail Edition that would join No Shee servers just to fly around in shees.

Co Redsonic
March 21st, 2008, 07:50 PM
You have MSN? I need the gametype if you can upload it and I also have some question.

No, i dont have MSN but i have Xfire. Whats the question and i listed the gametype on the 1 page

Con
March 22nd, 2008, 03:17 PM

I hate people who can't respect the fact that others can play however the hell they want. It`s just a shame idiots like you get some pathetic satisfaction out of ruining it for them.

Syuusuke
March 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
I just don't like how people take advantage of some things that aren't in the rules...for example, some admin guy.

Oh like Emptying your clip (as a zombie and wind up killing the human guy) or emptying your nade (same as last one)

And other things to exploit and get around the rules.

supersniper
March 22nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Cliffing really annoys me. That is all that is wrong with zombies. Maybe a new map like tensity. It is nice and small. Epic battles.

paintballakid5
March 24th, 2008, 09:59 AM
i'm sorry but......... Zombies is a lil kids game. it's just for n00bs

Co Redsonic
March 24th, 2008, 03:15 PM

WTF? Why?

Con
March 24th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I like it :\ Why don't you explain why you think that.

Co Redsonic
March 24th, 2008, 03:49 PM
He probably sucks at it- thats why he doesnt like it. :/

Syuusuke
March 24th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I liked it too, last time I checked, I'm not a lil kid either.

Too bad I got banned for proving a point on some ORDER server.

Co Redsonic
March 24th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Yeah I got banned too form there. Why? Preventing from someone cheating. He was botting and was reaching an area inaccessible to zombies. I killed him and he was like "BAN CO!". I was so pissed off. And the server operator is BLARGAN, so blame him for his lameness

ODX
March 25th, 2008, 06:36 PM
BLARGAN once banned me for throwing a plasma grenade. I wasn't trying too, and I missed the guy anyway :\. He started spazzing out in caps saying:
Blargan: NO PLASMAS OR BAN!
ØÐX: Dude, calm down, I was too busy shooting the guy to see I didn't have any frags, besides, I didn't even-'

The server operator has banned you from the server.

Word to all of you people, don't join his server as your regular name or people will tell them that name and you shall get banned, and when BLARGAN joins, leave.

Syuusuke
March 25th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I sort of like that Blargan dude, he gets the noobs out.

I pissed him off once but I didn't get banned =D

I pissed off some admin guy who was bending the rules, that got me banned.

Co Redsonic
March 25th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah... why cant use you plasma grenades? doesn't make sense. anyways, if you get banned there, how long does it have u banned?

Con
March 25th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I got banned twice from the order server, and almost a 3rd time. The first time for "botting", the second for shooting a few bullets as a zombie (nowhere near anyone), and the third time almost for "botting" again.

Yeah... why cant use you plasma grenades? doesn't make sense. anyways, if you get banned there, how long does it have u banned?
Because they're loud and annoying, and I agree.

Co Redsonic
March 25th, 2008, 07:18 PM
(lol the posts were a few seconds apart)
Yeah, you do have a point there.

Apoc4lypse
March 25th, 2008, 10:05 PM

closed minded fool...

zombies was mad fun on halo 2 when you played with people you knew. As for infection and halo 3 I wudn't know.

Jay2645
March 25th, 2008, 10:09 PM
It's not so much the Zombies servers, it's more of my rant on RPG servers.

It's an opinion, you can disagree with me if you wish.

thehoodedsmack
March 25th, 2008, 10:13 PM
As for infection and halo 3 I wudn't know.

The only Infection game I played on Halo 3 was an invitation I received. It's basically set up the same way, except that there was some lame settings where the zombies had energy swords, couldn't pick up new weapons, or use grenades, and couldn't use vehicles. So of course the humans all piled into Hornets and proceeded to make the game un-fun.

Con
March 25th, 2008, 11:28 PM
The only Infection game I played on Halo 3 was an invitation I received. It's basically set up the same way, except that there was some lame settings where the zombies had energy swords, couldn't pick up new weapons, or use grenades, and couldn't use vehicles. So of course the humans all piled into Hornets and proceeded to make the game un-fun.
why the fuck where they playing zombies on a map with hornets in it?

n00b1n8R
March 26th, 2008, 01:28 AM
To whore them?

It's not so much the Zombies servers, it's more of my rant on RPG servers.

It's an opinion, you can disagree with me if you wish.
You can have your opinion, just don't go running into servers to ruin the fun of others like your the police of halo or some bullshit.

Because they're loud and annoying, and I agree.And frags totally aren't. :downs:

Co Redsonic
March 26th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Good point. BTW: your only supposed to start zombies with no vehicles or no flight vehicles. Der?