PDA

View Full Version : Changes?

MithosK
March 23rd, 2008, 04:05 AM
Hello all, I abandoned H2 mapping shortly after it was released due to the horrible SKD, but am interested in starting again, and I was wondering, have things changed for the better since July or are we still as tagless and confused as we were on release?

[EJ] Bean
March 23rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
Personaly I am much better off than in July, kornmann released some awsome bitmap and shader tags. I'm on my way to making a nice map because of the community here.

xBigDaddyx117
March 23rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
yeah its gotten better and will continue, i belive there is a few new tools comeing out.

MithosK
March 23rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
Thats good to hear, I'm watching a water tutorial now, looks like someone finally figured out how to make it work.

xBigDaddyx117
March 23rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
better b my water tut, cause that one of code brains sux, its in that topic, "water poroblems"

cheezdue
March 24th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I started off late in the h2v community, I wished i was around when halo ce came out. But i had a ancient computer.

Ki11a_FTW
March 24th, 2008, 07:18 PM
yeah its gotten better and will continue, i belive there is a few new tools comeing out.

like the halo 2 tag extractor *glares at the ghost and korn*

MithosK
March 24th, 2008, 08:15 PM
better b my water tut, cause that one of code brains sux, its in that topic, "water poroblems"
Im fairly sure its yours, uses text to speech for the voice

CodeBrain
March 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Sent a PM, thought you all would like to see:

:/

At least I tried making a tutorial for people to follow. Have YOU done anything at the BEGINNING of Halo 2 Vista modding? No? Thought so.

Yes, I know that my tutorials sucked, the fact was through that it was in the beginning stages, and not where it is today. So yes, it has been outdated. Still, there is no reason to fucking diss my tutorial. Just keep your stupid rude comments to yourself.

If you cant handle that, then you shouldnt even be here.

Good day sir.

xBigDaddyx117
March 28th, 2008, 02:03 AM
yeah im sure we would love to see you say your tutorial sux your self.

SuperSunny
March 28th, 2008, 05:25 AM
yeah im sure we would love to see you say your tutorial sux your self.

Grow a pair, fix your spelling, or get out.

When someone puts effort into a dead game by documenting hidden aspects of a portion of the game, give respect. He's spending his own time to help out with this game, so a lack of respect towards that would enable you to say it "sucks." As he said, it was old, and outdated. There is no need to push that. It lasted during it's time, and that's the exact reason it matters.

He never put any effort into lowering the standard of your own tutorial, but the way you have expressed your care for his work deems you to lose respect from those who may have viewed your tutorial in the future.

beele
March 28th, 2008, 06:08 AM
IAW sunny.

Learn to show some respect for other members their work.

johnnyblaz20
March 28th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Anyone who takes the effort to make a tutorial is obviously just trying to help others be it a great or terrible tut. In that respect putting the guy or his work down is unacceptable. Its like George W Bush saying his dad sucks because he didn't Totally destroy Iraq when George S.R. dropped the first bomb over there. "sorry if you get offended"

Either way i actually created my first active water plane after watching codebrain's tut when it first came out, and info on water back then was scarce, its not like it was in the readme or anything. It was missing a few key things but it was helpful.

xBigDaddyx117
March 28th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Ok look, I'm sorry for saying your tutorial sucked. What I realy meant was the water in the end was kinna crapy, Im sure you could make a better one today if you wanted to. All this started cause i wanted to help everyone make a nice water pool, but its just like you give a steak to a starving dog and he bites your fucking hand off.
I wont be makeing any tutorials trying to help people out any more, if i learn something ill just keep it to myself.

so if i afended anyone by saying or doing what I did, sorry.

beele
March 29th, 2008, 05:52 AM
learn what fucking going on first before you say shit

How do you even dare to say that. You are in no position to. I know what I'm saying, I was here a long time before you, you are just rude here. You think because I gave comment on you because you act like an ass by insulting others their tuts you can say this to me. You are so lucky I can't - rep you again.

I don't care about the rep you could have given I'm just mad about what you wrote there.

This morning I visited the forums and saw there was a new post in this thread, so I checked it out, and saw you had apologized, I was going to give you + rep or delete the -rep I gave earlier, until you gave me this. I thought you had changed, seems I was wrong.

Syuusuke
March 29th, 2008, 10:05 AM
There are some changes in H2V.

There were (?) a small number of assholes playing near the beginning, now there are lots.

SnaFuBAR
March 29th, 2008, 01:35 PM
what's with all you crybabies posting screenies of your rep? knock it off.

beele
March 29th, 2008, 02:04 PM
what's with all you crybabies posting screenies of your rep? knock it off.

I didn't post it for the rep, but for the text he wrote. :rolleyes:

EDIT: screenie removed, quote placed. :)

xBigDaddyx117
March 30th, 2008, 07:02 PM
How do you even dare to say that. You are in no position to. I know what I'm saying, I was here a long time before you, you are just rude here. You think because I gave comment on you because you act like an ass by insulting others their tuts you can say this to me. You are so lucky I can't - rep you again.

I don't care about the rep you could have given I'm just mad about what you wrote there.

This morning I visited the forums and saw there was a new post in this thread, so I checked it out, and saw you had apologized, I was going to give you + rep or delete the -rep I gave earlier, until you gave me this. I thought you had changed, seems I was wrong.

Yeah your right, I thought you where talking about that whole shader thing.
I didnt know you -rep me cause i said that about his tut. i tryed to delete the rep I gave you but I cant figure it out.