PDA

View Full Version : PC problems

PlasbianX
March 24th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I'm having PC troubles again >__>.

My computer is loving to just randomly freeze on me lately. Mouse stops working, keyboard (G15) stops working and I can't do anything with the LCD, music stop playing, videos stop, etc.

So, I usually just force restart my PC, and it freezes on the windows loading screen.

I tried dusting my PC out to see if that was the problem, and nothing happened.

Anyone know what could be wrong? Could a cable or something be loose? I got a speed fan and CPU/RAM watcher running right now so when it does it again I can see if its a heat related issue or not.

beele
March 24th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I had the same problem once. It suddenly froze and the only thing I could do was reset.

Try a bios update, check your cables and components. (I my case it was the mobo that was faulty, I was using ps/2 keyboard and mouse, the problem was in those ports, so I tried usb keyboard and mouse).

Any pc upgrades lately, or new software or updates?

If all your components are fine, you could try to reformat.

PlasbianX
March 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Just happened, and my PC froze with the CPU being used at 98%.

beele
March 24th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Just happened, and my PC froze with the CPU being used at 98%.

What was your CPU temp at that time?

CrAsHOvErRide
March 24th, 2008, 03:21 PM
My computer used to do that too...completely froze and only sometimes returned. Can't really give you a solution since my computer never had any heat problems...I only changed OS (from XP 32-bit to Vista Ult 64) and my gfx card (which I think caused the problem) and now it stopped.

PlasbianX
March 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM
its reaching 112 degrees Fahrenheit then freezing.

beele
March 24th, 2008, 04:49 PM
strange, that's not too hot.

Try to boot in safe mode, and see if that gives any problems. If not, it might be a driver problem.

PlasbianX
March 24th, 2008, 04:53 PM
strange, that's not too hot.

Try to boot in safe mode, and see if that gives any problems. If not, it might be a driver problem.

Hmm that's a thought.. I recently rolled back to some old audio drivers, but I don't see how audio driver problems would cause freezing.

beele
March 25th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Hmm that's a thought.. I recently rolled back to some old audio drivers, but I don't see how audio driver problems would cause freezing.

Computers can act very strange sometimes. :ssh:

PlasbianX
March 28th, 2008, 09:10 AM
For the record, fixed my problem. I opened up my PC and looked at it and took an air compressor to it and blew out all the dust. My power supply was completely caked in dust, and after blowing that off my PC has been fine.

beele
March 28th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I'm glad that fixed it :)