PDA

View Full Version : CoD 4 Modern Warfare

TeeKup
March 24th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Ok. I beat CoD 4 last night, in 4 hours.

I'm fucking pissed.

If I didn't know any better I could swear to god I was playing hot potato, THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME. I throw a grenade, they throw it back, they throw a grenade I throw it back. I did this for a good 3 minutes in every goddamn level that had large encounters. Seriously, who's jolly idea was it to have at least 2 grenades be thrown at the same damn time in your bloody direction. That kind of defeats the purpose of throwing one back, since the other one will just explode and kill you.At most moments I could have also sworn I was fighting the flood from halo cause the enemy NPC's are pants-on-head retarded. "MUHAL I HAVE AN IDEA, I'M GOING TO RUSH THAT HUGE SQUAD OF MARINES WITH MY SUB MACHINE GUN." The fact that all the guns sound like they were taken from Grand Theft Auto doesn't do the game any help either, then again EVERY CoD has had shitty sounds anyway. The only point in the game I enjoyed and wasn't frustrated over were the missions involving the Ghillie suits and the Death From Above mission. The fact that the ending popped out of know where and that virtually everyone dies is a major let down too. Sure the graphics are nice, but they really coat all the crap the game shows. The 3rd person animations irritated me to no end, along with the fact that the majority of the textures up-close look like they belong in Halo 2 (Halo 2 had terrible bitmaps and shaders). I urk everytime Price opened a door and his fucking hand was nocliping through the fucking door handle. The constant fact of being around explosive devices didn't help me either, from the grenade happy NPC's to the barrels and cars, it was like I was in the annual IED convention. The several instances where rain was nocliping through the ceiling was irritating as well. Also, what was with the epilogue mission, it was in no way relevant what so ever. The fact that the airplane experienced a hole the size of a compact car and not everyone was sucked out was retarded beyond all reason. I did think it was interesting on how to save the hostage though. But other than that it made no sense. I also never understood why when you're shooting from the hip, its like trying to shoot someone if you had arthritis, however when you zoom down the barrel every gun except the pistol seems to turn into a fucking sniper rifle.
you better see the sarcasm cause this game is fucking awesome
Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 THOROUGHLY disappointed me, I hardly play it anymore, but I was really hoping CoD 4 would impress me. It was like getting a really nice cheese burger only to find out the buns are stale.

343guiltymc
March 24th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Well I agree with everything except the grenade thing. You're suppose to cook the grenade so it will explode before so nobody can throw it back. COD4's SP is clearly not the game's highlight.

JunkfoodMan
March 24th, 2008, 08:53 PM
i c wut u did thar

PlasbianX
March 24th, 2008, 08:58 PM
i c wut u did thar

I fuckin' lol'd, and I lol'd hard XD.
+rep.

And mb teekup, just mb, you should get xbl so we can go in and party together and pwn ppl online D:<

Kornman00
March 24th, 2008, 09:25 PM
What do you except from something titled "Modern Combat"? If you want something that tones down the facts of todays wars, go play...well anything else.

Seriously, in real modern combat, the commander's aren't telling their men "ok, you can only throw one grenade at a time at the enemy, and whe- O WTF, FUCKING PVT JOHNSON I SAID ONE AT A TIME! FIRED! <:mad:>".

And the I'm not surprised at the fact that when a shit load of rounds are hitting objects containing explosive material and it blows up, not so sure why you are :s.

Overall though, yes I agree, this game is just one big gimmick.

DrunkenSamus
March 24th, 2008, 11:48 PM
The shitty sounds can be easily fixed by adding in new ones. The AI throwing too many grenades can also be fixed by modding the game. In the first COD, the game was too boring and stale without a mod. But with a special mod that I found, I thought the game was awesome in all areas.

343guiltymc
March 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
The shitty sounds can be easily fixed by adding in new ones. The AI throwing too many grenades can also be fixed by modding the game. In the first COD, the game was too boring and stale without a mod. But with a special mod that I found, I thought the game was awesome in all areas.
Mod support is MIA at this point. The best COD4 has is mapping that look like something from halomaps.org and SP minimods

TeeKup
March 25th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Rofl @ everyone except for Plasbian and Junkfood Man.

n00b1n8R
March 25th, 2008, 05:01 PM
idg thread :saddowns:

JunkfoodMan
March 25th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Do we really have to spell it out for these people?

PROTIP: HIGHLIGHT HIS TEXT

n00b1n8R
March 25th, 2008, 05:12 PM
If it's an in-joke that requires you to have played COD 4, then yes.

PlasbianX
March 25th, 2008, 05:51 PM
If it's an in-joke that requires you to have played COD 4, then yes.

Its not. Reread what he wrote again.

Random
March 25th, 2008, 11:22 PM
COD4 IS NOT AWESOME, it sucks balls just like teek said. Except in that one part. I agree with the no-clips though >:U

jngrow
March 26th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Oh, the one true comment on the game's enemy AI made me think it wasn't sarcasm.