PDA

View Full Version : Bubble shield stuff

paintballakid5
April 1st, 2008, 10:13 AM
ok our team(CH3MT) is wondering how to make a Bubble shield. i am not that good in Guerilla and i'm not very good at figuring things out by myself. so if someone who has mae a Bubble shield, kindly lend a Helping hand.

also: i tried search and got nothing.:rolleyes:

Thanks.!

Masterz1337
April 1st, 2008, 10:17 AM
Why on earth would you want to make something that doesn't work?

paintballakid5
April 1st, 2008, 10:45 AM
Why on earth would you want to make something that doesn't work?

trust me if i didn't have to, i wouldn't make one.. but the community likes it, so i'm trying to make one.:)

FRain
April 1st, 2008, 11:07 AM
It took h3t about 2 months to get a working bubble shield, but it still spinned and ricocheted instead of stopping the bullets.

Basically, its a weapon you pick up, (it gives you a third weapon) and when you fire it, it spawns another weapon that you can't pick up.

It's really catchy but it works.

paintballakid5
April 1st, 2008, 11:14 AM
well, i meant, how to make it deflec tBullets, and how to Make it Transparent?

Choking Victim
April 1st, 2008, 11:27 AM
It took h3t about 2 months to get a working bubble shield, but it still spinned and ricocheted instead of stopping the bullets.

Basically, its a weapon you pick up, (it gives you a third weapon) and when you fire it, it spawns another weapon that you can't pick up.

2 months? honestly this can take like not even a day to make work. Make a sphere model and collision model, create a garbage tag (garbage tags can be walked through by bipeds iirc), replace mc's flashlight toggle effect with an effect that spawns the garbage tag on a marker on mc. To make it transparent, make a glass shader with a bumpmap. It'll disappear after about 20 seconds on its own since its a garbage tag.

FRain
April 1st, 2008, 11:59 AM
2 months? honestly this can take like not even a day to make work. Make a sphere model and collision model, create a garbage tag (garbage tags can be walked through by bipeds iirc), replace mc's flashlight toggle effect with an effect that spawns the garbage tag on a marker on mc. To make it transparent, make a glass shader with a bumpmap. It'll disappear after about 20 seconds on its own since its a garbage tag.

Yes, I know, but it took us 2 months to figure it out with almost no experience at all. Pretty sad, huh? =\

Ki11a_FTW
April 1st, 2008, 09:56 PM
it requires scripting to get it to function correctly, like halo 3, i may release the scripts i made for it though, since i have no use for it

Apoc4lypse
April 2nd, 2008, 12:01 AM

XD genious... I was always trying to think what wud be a good way to do this in ce... if only we cud use more then 2 grenades. Did you try to make the spinning stop, I think you can by editing its "acceleration scale" I think if you make it a small number it makes .weapons placed on maps move alot slower if I remember correctly. I'm just not sure if it slows the "spin" affect from when there shot at.

Oh yeah... this might seem off topic, but while were on the subject of halo 2/3 mod elements (and to avoid posting another question topic), I was wondering if it was possible to edit the flash that occurs when you teleport, I had an idea for something possibly, but I couldn't figure out what makes your screen flash when you teleport, I was thinkin it was either in globals or some random damage effect (with screen flash) but I had no luck in finding it, any one happen to know anything about this?

EDIT: didn't know about the garbage tag method till now, I never really used them before. XD

paintballakid5
April 2nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
nvm this post lol. i downloaded a tutorial for my Question.

beele
April 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Just a thought I have here, I never tried it, and am not planning to because of my lack of knowledge of scripting and making things for halo ce :(

if you make a sphere, being a collision model (holding back the players and all other things), give that a glass shader. Make another 2 spheres (one a bit bigger, and one a little smaller than the first one) spawn those just out and inside of the original sphere, and make those function like a 2 way teleporter, and make them invisible.

Just a thought that popped into my mind, I don't know if it's even possible :embarrassed: