PDA

View Full Version : Matching gamertag with IP

OmegaDragon
April 6th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Is this possible?

After playing for awhile in our clan server, I noticed the increasing amount of hackers in the community. Most of them were speed hackers and were lagging up the place badly. Of course we ban them immediately.
*tries not to look at kiwidoggie for it is probably his fault in the increasing amount of them*

The problem with this is, that while one silver account gets perma-banned, the person makes a new silver account and comes back to the server. The owner is now trying to find if it is possible to match the IP of the person so he can add the IP to the banlist, making sure that a new account will not be able to go in, but so far the search has been unsuccessful. He is now thinking of making the dedicated server a gold only, that way the number of hackers/modders will decrease because they will have to pay to make a new account that can join.

Anyone know if there is a way?

Patrickssj6
April 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM
In Germany the IP gets reseted each day. IP ban would be useless.

I haven't took a look at the H2VDed disassembly but I'm pretty sure that the MD5 Serial Hash will be transfered to the servers.

About the speed hacking...that shouldn't be possible in the first place unless there's another error in the matrix :v:

OmegaDragon
April 6th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Well apparently there is another error, cause some guy was going about 4x his speed and was running the flag back and forth, one banshee flying w/o boost and shooting around out sped the owner's banshee with boost, 3 or 4 guys were running around in circles around the map and going on walls, one that was banned came back in another account with the same name, only with another 0 in his name, 2 people admitted of botting; not to mention all the people that have been reported by frequent players when the admins weren't on.

Unless it is possible to do it by cd key hash like it was possible in CE, IP will be the best next thing probably :/

Zeph
April 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
No, there is not a way to ban by IP or CD key. It is one of the reasons GFWL on PC failed to gain momentum. When Microsoft began to extend the Live platform from consoles to PC, they failed to account for functionality PC titles have offered for free. This is derived from the idea that gamertags are people, not the game itself. You cant exactly blame them for thining that way, because in consoles you can have four people simultaneously linked to that one copy of the game. Even so, I find it odd that the functionality to ban an individual copy of the game from a server was left out, because Live has banned not only gamertags but specific consoles before for cheating. The only thing I can suggest is leave cheating feedback through their gamertag and if the problem persists to call Live and elevate the issue until you can get a reasonable response. Say you'll contact the BBB about Live's lack of ensuring a cheat-free environment or whatever it is their EULA claims.

Other than that, you're just out of luck and I cant say talking to Live is going to get you anywhere either as support for the game was dropped just shortly after it was released.

Syuusuke
April 6th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Too bad banning IP addresses and NIC (especially NIC's) only functions while the server is in LAN mode =/

Actually I don't think you would be able to obtain the MAC addresses anyway.

Vicky
April 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Right, the H2V-server can only ban local IPs. Anywho, i'll dig into this as well.

jcap
April 6th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Patrick, you think an application can be written that would analyze the packets and ban any connections to the server from a blacklist of IP addresses? This was one feature I was considering for Syn.

Patrickssj6
April 7th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Yes, it would be an loader...it intercepts the program and would read the CD Key Hash or IP, compares it to the banlist and then call the subroutine to ban the player.

Easier would be to reject the packages from the specific IPs...but that would be IP dependent again...

Either way, I only know the basics about the loader, without Korn or anyone with a lot of experience I wouldn't be able to write one. I have never looked up how to reject packages...I might do that in my free time.

I'll wait until Korn contributes something to this topic...if something in the first place. :P

Patrickssj6
April 8th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I'll wait until Korn contributes something to this topic...if something in the first place. :P
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/b/ba/180px-Corny_Schoko.jpg...where r u?

Sel
April 8th, 2008, 06:51 PM
What a shitty game :/

Cant even ban from servers :fail:

Kornman00
April 8th, 2008, 11:39 PM
lol, i never even browse this part of h2v, timo linked me to here.

I have no motivation to fix this game :|

The editing kit, maybe, but the actual game? no, it's not worth the time and effort

Patrickssj6
April 9th, 2008, 08:54 AM
True that...:(

SnaFuBAR
April 11th, 2008, 01:10 AM
rofl, every time i read in this section i'm even happier i didn't pay for this game :awesome:

Patrickssj6
April 11th, 2008, 09:08 AM
rofl, every time i read in this section i'm even happier i didn't pay for this game :awesome:

Uhhhmm...no...wait....

*goestoyoutube*

zMFPm7xe7Ok

:awesome: lulz

Vicky
April 12th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I made some progress on this...

Patrickssj6
April 12th, 2008, 09:56 AM
o rly? How about you show us what you did and what the progress is...

Vicky
April 12th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Simple, i can match gamertags with IPs. So i'll include an option in my servertool to ban players by IP as well.

Kornman00
April 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Simple, i can match gamertags with IPs. So i'll include an option in my servertool to ban players by IP as well.
there, fixed, now stop bugging me to fix MS's problems >:U

KIWIDOGGIE
April 13th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Also do not blame me for any of this Hacking; I have not touched Halo 2 Vista in a hell of a long while. If you dont believe me goto xbox.com and check both my accounts

NOPxK9 and KIWIDOGGIE

Syuusuke
April 13th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Well in some shape or form or whatever, it's possible to ban people with some unique ID or something. Vicky will most likely explain...

I got banned on his server (hopefully unbanned) and joined on another LIVE account and wouldn't let me in, EVEN though there was enough room.

Vicky
April 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah that's roughly what happens, erm... question is, do i want to unban you? :P

Vicky
April 16th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Guess this is what we want...

http://i31.tinypic.com/2a0b4ef.jpg

StankBacon
April 16th, 2008, 03:55 PM
rofl, vagpounder.

KIWIDOGGIE
April 16th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Oh Shi- Vicky Nice! Also did you get the address for instant respawn that I sent you?

Vicky
April 16th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I already explained that too you, you are working on some sort of vista version for a servertool and i'm not, those addresses are not the same... besides, i'm not trying to change the game as is, i try to make things that the server should have had in the first place.

KIWIDOGGIE
April 17th, 2008, 06:15 AM
And I guess you dident get part of the message; Those ones that I sent you were for the 2k3 OS not Vista for Vista I have to scan for them.

Vicky
April 17th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Still, i have no intention to make all players hop like a bunny using my tool because i could...

Kornman00
April 17th, 2008, 09:06 AM
no hop on pop :saddowns:?

Vicky
April 17th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Maybe pop on hop...

KIWIDOGGIE
April 23rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
Instant Respawn, I have not researched and or Tried Jump Height on server side. Also, I do not hack Halo 2 Vista anymore like that. If there have been any recent cheats seen ingame; they were not from me. (ask the other creator)