PDA

View Full Version : Only a few bitmaps? All metal!?

CrumbledCookies
April 11th, 2008, 03:24 PM
OMG BUNGIE IS LAZY! Can't get more bitmaps to make custom maps look pretty instead of a grey map? This is messed up, so my question is "can you extract bitmaps from the original maps? Or make your own? Or get them from Halo 1?"

paladin
April 11th, 2008, 03:34 PM
OMG BUNGIE IS LAZY!

No.

Can't get more bitmaps to make custom maps look pretty instead of a grey map?

Yes you can. You can make them yourself.

This is messed up, so my question is "can you extract bitmaps from the original maps?

Yes, if you use the "search" function, you'd know that. There is a download for all (or at least most) of the bitmaps in Halo 2.

Or get them from Halo 1?"

There are countless programs to extract bitmaps from every Halo 1 editor, including Halo CE maps (HEK+ (http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=37460)). There are also programs such as CH2r (http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=15968) and Serenity (http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=58447) to extract bitmaps from Halo 2 Xbox maps.

Do a little research before posting threads like this. All of your questions' answer could have been found with a few minutes in the search function and google.

CrumbledCookies
April 11th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I did download the bitmaps for Halo 2 Vista. But when I try to open them in 3Dsmax to apply them. They don't show up. Any help?

cheezdue
April 11th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Did you selected the whole object and applied them?

CrumbledCookies
April 11th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Well, when I go to click the little grey box to open the bitmap, it won't show up. I can't apply them because I can't find the bitmap.

SnaFuBAR
April 11th, 2008, 07:37 PM
take note of where you put them :downs:

CrumbledCookies
April 11th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Yea, they are in the right folder. Still not showing up. Do I need to make a shader out of the bitmap tags? If so, then how would I do that?

Llama Juice
April 12th, 2008, 11:22 AM
although your want to learn is cute, look through some tutorials and learn the basics before going crazy asking questions. You'll only get frustrated when people stop holding your hand and eventually call us all meanies and it won't be pretty.

Save yourself the trouble... find some tutorials.

CrumbledCookies
April 12th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Fine maybe I will find some tutorials. And I'll thank them for it. So screw you.

Kornman00
April 12th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I did download the bitmaps for Halo 2 Vista. But when I try to open them in 3Dsmax to apply them. They don't show up. Any help?
you realize you can't use bitmap TAGS in 3dsmax right?...

and that post you reported wasn't spam, cookies...

SnaFuBAR
April 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM
bitmap tags
xD lol wut? no dude... use the extracted bitmaps

johnnyblaz20
April 12th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Also there is a wonderful bitmap extractor circulating. It works for h2 and h1 and i use it all the time for 3ds reference on my created shaders.

paladin
April 12th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I stated all this above, l33t for reading.

johnnyblaz20
April 13th, 2008, 08:26 AM
You didn't mention anything about a tool to extract halo 2 vista bitmaps, only Xbox.

This is a pointless thread anyways. His answer was already answered in every shape and form countless times.