PDA

View Full Version : would it be possible?

Chainsy
April 11th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Ive seen some really amazing fp arms in the threads over the months here, but the idea of changing them has sparked an idea. When you change weapons, the animation makes the fp arms go off the screen and come back up with the new weapon. Would it be possible to make the animation of the fp arms going down and make them go away, sort of like when your weaponless in the beggining of the poa, and have instead of an fp swing across like a punch, like in the later halo series, why not model an fp leg to swing across like a kick?
Idk if possible, but what im NOT saying is to have the fp arms and legs in same animation at the same time, im saying to swap them, like when you change a weapon, and enable you to kick. This would encourage interesting melee in my opinion. But it seems a little much for the system, but who knows, might work.

ICEE
April 11th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Actually It wouldn't work unless the first person leg was put into the scene like a weapon. I myself have made unarmed tags which allow the player to punch without a weapon.

Chainsy
April 11th, 2008, 11:00 PM
mmm...why not someone try it out? Would be funny to see someone charge an un-armed guy with a gun and be dropped kicked in the face.:XD:

ICEE
April 11th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Get a well rigged fp leg and I'll animate it for you.

Chainsy
April 11th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Clad, take that offer to ilduceprimo, hes the manager, any ideas I have go to him.

SnaFuBAR
April 12th, 2008, 04:05 AM
CE can't do FP legs...

kid908
April 12th, 2008, 08:43 AM
don't you get errors with that? and wouldn't you still see your foot kick even if you're looking up as high as possible

Heathen
April 12th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Wouldn't the third person ani look horrible....his leg would move but not his body right?It seems like a cool idea though...lol Make a melee animation for an AR that is a nice 300-esque kick.....so that way we can send people down wells. Can you make bullet holes for melees? Then you could make it a footprint with cracks around it.

Llama Juice
April 12th, 2008, 11:18 AM
reminds me of that RAVE map that someone made years back... you'd do a chuck norris jump spin kick...

that map should be released NOW

TheGhost
April 12th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Oh, that map with all of the flashing shit on the walls, yeah that was great.

CtrlAltDestroy
April 12th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Oh, veegie's map... I think I still have a copy of it, rofl.

Pooky
April 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM
When you change weapons, the animation makes the fp arms go off the screen and come back up with the new weapon.

Not in CE.