View Full Version : Quick-Crit 2008-2009

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

SnaFuBAR
December 8th, 2008, 01:27 PM
absolutely not.

Evil_Monkey
December 8th, 2008, 01:30 PM
absolutely not.
I think you are wrong, they are in H1 only I remodelled them to have more detail.

Go and have a look.

JunkfoodMan
December 8th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Reminds me of something in Mass Effect.

LinkandKvel
December 8th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I think you are wrong, they are in H1 only I remodelled them to have more detail.

Go and have a look.
screenshot?

Hunter
December 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
*Removed, By Hunter*

SnaFuBAR
December 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM

Go and have a look.
Or instead of asking opinions on the style and when you get a response you don't like you actually show the proof?

E: had a look, and you changed it enough that it doesn't look much at all like what it was in H1, they actually look like human communications towers now. So yeah, NO, they don't look forerunner.

Corndogman
December 8th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Not really forerunner, but I still like the style of it. I think you should keep the structure but still practice making a forerunner one.

Evil_Monkey
December 8th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the negative feedback snaf. I'm also very sorry it is not up to your standard. I only stated my opinion hence the words "I think". When you leave negative feedback, please leave a comment so I actually know why you left it rather than a stupid period.

JunkfoodMan
December 8th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the negative feedback snaf. I'm also very sorry it is not up to your standard. I only stated my opinion hence the words "I think". When you leave negative feedback, please leave a comment so I actually know why you left it rather than a stupid period.

It seemed as though you were rejecting his criticism. It's not "Negative Feedback", it's criticism. He said it didn't look forerunner, so look up forerunner architecture and do it again.

Evil_Monkey
December 8th, 2008, 04:24 PM
There isn't really anywhere you can look it up, except using designs from h1, h2 and h3 and modifying it.

Unless there is somewhere that has some specific rules we must abide by so that the structures are classed as forerunner.

JunkfoodMan
December 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
There isn't really anywhere you can look it up, except using designs from h1, h2 and h3 and modifying it.

Unless there is somewhere that has some specific rules we must abide by so that the structures are classed as forerunner.

In a way, there are certain rules. But if you've remade a structure from Halo 1, and it doesn't look like it's forerunner, clearly you've done something wrong.

il Duce Primo
December 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM
absolutely not.
Fucking play the god damn game before saying it's completely not the style! It's one thing to just disrespect someone, but then you don't even support it with helpful criticism. People come here to help one another. What I see you doing is putting others down on a forum. I don't know if you have been having bad days lately, but wise up. If you truely mean to help someone, help them. Otherwise there's no reason for you to post.

Higuy
December 8th, 2008, 04:38 PM
It looks forerunner to me, just fix the top spike thing so ones lower then the other. I think it may look better that way.

JunkfoodMan
December 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Fucking play the god damn game before saying it's completely not the style! It's one thing to just disrespect someone, but then you don't even support it with helpful criticism. People come here to help one another. What I see you doing is putting others down on a forum. I don't know if you have been having bad days lately, but wise up. If you truely mean to help someone, help them. Otherwise there's no reason for you to post.

He said "absolutely not", not "absolutely not you'll never be good ever".
He made a point about it not looking forerunner. So what should he do? Make it look more forerunner. The resources are out there, so he should use them to create successful forerunner architecture. IMO it does not look like forerunner, so maybe he should look at the structure he remade and see where he went wrong.

teh lag
December 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Forerunner style or not? Also crit pleas

absolutely not.

Go and have a look.

If you were already convinced that it was in that style, why did you even bother asking? That exchange there made no sense at all. You said you wanted to know, and so he gave his opinion.

Fucking play the god damn game before saying it's completely not the style!

I'm pretty sure Snaf has played the game :raise:

Timo
December 8th, 2008, 04:46 PM
http://timo.modacity.net/pix/Image_000046654654987.jpg
What they look like in-game. I'd say the spikes you've put on the top have killed the forerunner look in it. Not sure what you'd replace it with, though.

rossmum
December 8th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Sorry you don't like being told the fucking truth.

The spikes killed it, it doesn't look Forerunner anymore. And if you're going to take that attitude every time you get an answer you don't like, then don't bloody well ask.

il Duce Primo
December 8th, 2008, 05:00 PM

The spikes killed it, it doesn't look Forerunner anymore. And if you're going to take that attitude every time you get an answer you don't like, then don't bloody well ask.
If you want to help someone the last thing you ever do is put them down. What he said might have been true but you never have to say it in such a disrespecting way. Snaf didn't even follow through with any help. He has not gained any amount of knowledge from Snaf's post.

Evil_Monkey
December 8th, 2008, 05:05 PM
How is it the truth when he says it looks absolutely nothing like forerunner? It has some resemblance of forerunner.

mech
December 8th, 2008, 05:08 PM
You post a picture of a model you can make in 5 minutes and want crit on it, :lol:

You have to show more in order to recieve the proper criticism.

Timo
December 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM
If you want to help someone the last thing you ever do is put them down. What he said might have been true but you never have to say it in such a disrespecting way. Snaf didn't even follow through with any help. He has not gained any amount of knowledge from Snaf's post.
I'm not sure how you can see that as disrespect. Blunt maybe, but he's doing anything more than answer the simple question 'Forerunner style or not?'. Just because he didn't write up why it's not forerunner doesn't mean he should'nt have posted.

rossmum
December 8th, 2008, 05:10 PM
How is it the truth when he says it looks absolutely nothing like forerunner? It has some resemblance of forerunner.
It's vaguely the same shape?

MetKiller Joe
December 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Its like somewhat like something the Combine would have. That's the first thing I thought of, which, in my opinion (combine architecture), looks like bent out of shape forerunner.

What screamed at me was the fact that it looked like a Combine suspension bridge counterweight (for a very small suspension bridge).

Also, expect bluntness on these forums; they are infamous for them. They help you, and they tear you down. It is unfair sometimes, but so is life.

il Duce Primo
December 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure how you can see that as disrespect. Blunt maybe, but he's doing anything more than answer the simple question 'Forerunner style or not?'. Just because he didn't write up why it's not forerunner doesn't mean he should'nt have posted.
He said absolutely not. What he posted was just a simple modification of a forerunner building bungie made. And Ross, you think it vaguely resembles the structure. Open your damn eyes, he did a simple modification; how does it not look like the original?

Timo
December 8th, 2008, 05:27 PM
The huge spikes that turn it from something forerunner into something that's not :? Sure the bottom looks forerunner but the spikes kill the look. Just because it looks like the original doesn't mean it's therefore forerunner.

SnaFuBAR
December 8th, 2008, 05:27 PM

Go and have a look.

He said absolutely not. What he posted was just a simple modification of a forerunner building bungie made. And Ross, you think it vaguely resembles the structure. Open your damn eyes, he did a simple modification; how does it not look like the original?
Stop whining. I don't have to offer critique on every single piece of work. I'm free to offer my opinion, just like everyone else on the forums. You guys are like a couple of over-sensitive little girls. RELAX! Primo, you sound like a real badass.

http://www.drinkandshare.com/Premier/images/Kleenex.jpg
https://firstaidmonster.com/images/products/FAM_MIDOL_MAX_STRENGTH_CAPLE-5300.jpg
http://offthepole.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/tampax-tampons.jpg

rossmum
December 8th, 2008, 05:28 PM
The original was pretty bloody vague as it is. Without the pipes or an actual image of what it is, there's no way I would've recognised that.

Evil_Monkey
December 8th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I don't have to offer critique on every single piece of work.This is a quick crit thread, a place to receive criticism.

Without the pipes or an actual image of what it is, there's no way I would've recognised that.Its in the campaign and a multiplayer map.

Also thanks for all the -rep. Snaf you need to realise that beginners are not perfect, people actually make mistakes. You expect everyone to be at your level (if that's even anything). If its not up to your level its literally shit to you.

Timo
December 8th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Ok, I think this should stop here - this thread has been derailed enough. We're all just going around in circles. There was nothing wrong with what SnaF said. As i've said, just because he didn't offer crit doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to post an answer to a question you openly asked to everyone on the forum.

Evil_Monkey
December 8th, 2008, 05:36 PM
He could have stated why it had no resemblance at all, that's all.

When I said it stops here I meant it; don't try and get the last word ~Timo

cheezdue
December 8th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Well now that things have settled down*hopefully*, what do you guys think how well I did for a beginner.
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk122/cheezdue/3ds%20max%20models/barrels.jpg

SnaFuBAR
December 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM
What exactly are we critiquing? The scene or your barrel models/textures?

cheezdue
December 8th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Whatever you want to critique. If possible, what suggestions do you have?

rossmum
December 8th, 2008, 06:02 PM
It looks like you just reused the same texture for each individual part of the barrel. Don't. Map and texture the whole thing, don't reuse one texture so it's clearly repeating and stretched/compressed in some places. Remove a lot of the damage from the less protruding areas and put it on the rim and bands instead. For the model, it's just a bunch of cylinders, it looks more like a wooden barrel of cartoonish proportions than a metal one. Replace the thick bands with pinched ribs, and make a proper rim on it. Look at barrels in games like HL2 if you need ideas.

SnaFuBAR
December 8th, 2008, 06:06 PM
The barrels need more detail, like the holes on the tops that you usually see there, the ribs look a bit fat on the vertical dimension as well. Maybe add some rust streaks coming from the top of the texture to go along with the aged/beat up look of the paint as well. I would spend more time working on the model than the scene. Since this is an outside scene, apparently sunlit, work with a different light than an omni, since the shadow is stretched. Sunlight makes shadows that don't widen out from the object that's casting them.

If you're going to render it as a scene, also work more with your material editor and use stronger bumps, possibly.

cheezdue
December 8th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I'll keep on working on it then. The barrels are pretty difficult to work on them. I can' get bump for those textures the barrels have because I don't have photoshop. What type of light will be suitable for a scene like this?

killer9856
December 8th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Decided to practice speed modeling, and did the future computer one. Should I try and texture it? I'm doing it for practice really:D

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/SAH1R/progress.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/SAH1R/progress_02.jpg

ExAm
December 9th, 2008, 07:17 PM
A, that seat doesn't look very practical, and B, the screens and the trackpad thing you've got there are too close to the seat. Way too close.

Reaper Man
December 9th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I don't see the practicality of a curved screen. While cool, it would be useless/irritating for digital art in general - graphic design, photo editing, 3d modeling etc due to bizarre perspective.

Con
December 9th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Why is the chair so narrow?

ExAm
December 9th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Finish'd
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/TheExAm/1208081942a.jpg

My art teacher looked at it and said, "You're doing this for free?"

Con
December 9th, 2008, 09:06 PM
wow, very nice. finally someone who isnt afraid to make things dark--it payed off

DEElekgolo
December 9th, 2008, 09:41 PM
UNSS Zepher
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/2475/vraygitemplate34ud3.jpg
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/5430/vraygitemplatebackoh9.jpg
Testing render setups.
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/5316/awesomexv9.jpg
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/2433/awesomeam5.jpg
Mac Gun Reloader.
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/6166/24912314nm5.jpg
Generators.
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/2843/unsszephyrvrayxy5.jpg
Model by haxalot88, fixed by DEEhunter. Render by DEEhunter. Currently being rigged.

Reaper Man
December 10th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Awesome stuff ExAm. The perspective seems a bit.. odd, I can't seem to describe it, the pot thing just looks weird somehow. Also, I wish you could take better photos of your work. Low ISO + no flash + small aperture + tripod + self timer/shutter release = recipe for success (and general method for taking photos of art pieces lawl) [/cameraobsession] D:

ExAm
December 10th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Phonecam. I don't own a camera :v:
The reason the perspective is off is because i did it from a phonecam pic, and my phonecam has a slight walleye when shooting up close.

And conscars, the whole reason it's dark is because of the paper. I can't draw dark manageably on white paper :/

Chainsy
December 10th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Found a little bit of time to crank out another concept, this one of being covenant drone ships. Based loosely on the banshee, I had 2 designs for them, one for fighting, the other for the exact opposite. Basically I was thinking of these as small fast ships, that have a single front beam, which basically works in the same function as the gravity gun from half life 2, fires out a bolt of electricity to destroy things. Of course, on the other hand, I thought of these as using a magnetic bolt that could pick up parts or weld seams to repair covenant ships that are too far away from any relief for quick, temporary fixes on the battlefield. Anyways heres a basic idea of what I came up with.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/1chains1/basedesigncopy-1.png

SnaFuBAR
December 10th, 2008, 09:15 PM
interesting idea... but... they look like they were in an accident.

Roostervier
December 10th, 2008, 09:15 PM
How does it fly? :confused:

BobtheGreatII
December 10th, 2008, 09:43 PM

Looks like a freaky propulsion system from The Chronicles of Riddick

SnaFuBAR
December 10th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Model by haxalot88, fixed by DEEhunter. Render by DEEhunter. Currently being rigged.
So what do you want crit on? Something you didn't do?

I thought you were told to stop posting stuff you didn't make, so what are you trying to do, get rep?

SMASH
December 10th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Hey guys, I'm back. I was have wtfcomputerissues and I'm finally getting back into the swing of things... so yea I opened max and was like uh, do I still remember how to model? So here's my progress on Snaf's december contest model...
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3792/shipia3.png

I know it's not as par as some of my old stuff and it needs a lot of detail, I just figured I'd see what people think...

Chainsy
December 10th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Thrusters on the back, these are used in space btw. Also I understand snaf with the black smoke, ect.

Corndogman
December 11th, 2008, 06:02 PM
@ Chains, It looks like you started to draw another elite head, but it looked more like a ship so you went with it. Looks interesting though.

Chainsy
December 11th, 2008, 06:43 PM
No, just designed it after a banshee top, and went from there.

MetKiller Joe
December 11th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Hey guys, I'm back. I was have wtfcomputerissues and I'm finally getting back into the swing of things... so yea I opened max and was like uh, do I still remember how to model? So here's my progress on Snaf's december contest model...
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3792/shipia3.png

I know it's not as par as some of my old stuff and it needs a lot of detail, I just figured I'd see what people think...

Well, to be honest and frank about it, it does not seem to have any original details on it. Seems rather generic.

If you develop it a lot more, might look much better.

DEElekgolo
December 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=139
First attempt at organics.

ICEE
December 11th, 2008, 08:32 PM
It looks like its covered in grip tape.

LlamaMaster
December 12th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Everything about that makes me want to -rep you. Yes, it's that bad.

@ smash: SO many things about that boat are inaccurate. Those seats are way off scale, and where exactly are those stairs leading to? Look at pictures, because right now it just looks like you were modeling from memory.

Heathen
December 12th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Dude....I love it.

ExAm
December 12th, 2008, 12:35 AM
If you were trying to make a monkey made out of dish gloves, you succeeded.

Hunter
December 12th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Something I made a college for the course I am doing, it is the college logo sexified a bit. Took ages, and it isnt perfect.

Animated gif.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/sixthform_college_logo.gif

Bastinka
December 12th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Moving line isn't smooth.

Hunter
December 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I know, It took me long enough to make it do that. Didnt have time to make it perfect.

Edit: Didn't realise that it moved that fast. Will need to fix that. College internet is slow, So I didnt notice. Computers are also very slow...

ExAm
December 12th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Glow is overused on the text, the S has a blotch on it.

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
December 12th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah, and maybe make the spots blink a bit slower?

DEElekgolo
December 12th, 2008, 06:50 PM
The dots need a longer frame time. And you can have that cum shot thing leave a fading contrail.

Hunter
December 12th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I need to slow the frame rate down, and I'm not adding more frames for a contrail. Took long enough. Its only for a ICT Course, don't need to make it perfect.

Chainsy
December 13th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Hm.... wonder what this means? :)
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn229/1chains1/panelonecopy.png

SnaFuBAR
December 13th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Dude seriously, you need to stop using those brushes. You're not even painting, your just stamping a brush over and over and over.

ThePlague
December 13th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Here's a random Forerunner structure I made because I was bored and wanted to brush up a little on it.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn64/Hazard1337/forerunenrstructurezzz.jpg

Geo made the entrance =)

LinkandKvel
December 13th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Entrance hole could be more elaborate.

ThePlague
December 13th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Entrance hole could be more elaborate.
Yeah, Geo made it quickly and i'll probably work on it a lot.

Here's more crap I made, crit if you want:
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn64/Hazard1337/middlestructure.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn64/Hazard1337/base.jpg

As you might be able to tell, they are for an Isolation map I was making with some other people.

LinkandKvel
December 13th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I actually like em. Just clean up the triangulation. Also are these finished? It seems like they're only seperate parts of the same forunner construct.

ThePlague
December 13th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Also are these finished? It seems like they're only seperate parts of the same forunner construct.
No they aren't really finished, I just did those parts of the bases and the other person that is making the map made the rest. he couldn't figure out how to make what I did right. lol.

SnaFuBAR
December 13th, 2008, 10:14 PM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn64/Hazard1337/middlestructure.jpg

clean up the edges in the middle if you're not going to add detail there.

ThePlague
December 13th, 2008, 10:16 PM
clean up the edges in the middle if you're not going to add detail there.
Yeah, the person that used that deleted those parts anyway, so no worries.

Thanks for the crit guys, i'll post more stuff once I figure out what the heck to model.

DEElekgolo
December 14th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I made... Pillars....
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/82/rendergq2.jpg
Dont hurt me.

Timo
December 14th, 2008, 04:53 AM
If they're supposed to be pillars that hold up a building the edges are too smooth to be considered cracked/worn. Marble or whatever people make pillars out of these days aren't mouldable - they crack instead of distort. It looks like you've put a stick of cheese in the sun too long and it's started to warp :p

Roostervier
December 14th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Did you watch those old damaged pillar dvds, dee? Anyway, looks like you need to put more effort in them--right now it looks like... well, I can't really explain it. Like they're only 25% done maybe, I don't know. Also, your material representation seems off... they don't look like rock or cement to me. And one other thing; most of your cuts and indents don't make sense for stone or cement. They are too soft, especially the edges of the pillar. If I were you I'd take that back into mudbox or zbrush and start over on it and think of how a rock chips, or how when it cracks it usually is accompanied by more cracks in other areas. Think of areas that would recieve more weathering, erosion, or would get scratched the most.

Hunter
December 14th, 2008, 12:05 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/Mongoose_3.jpg

Heathen
December 14th, 2008, 12:21 PM
pretty accurate really.

ThePlague
December 14th, 2008, 01:17 PM
It's good so far, but the wheels look wrong to me. Anyone else see it looking wrong?

Hunter
December 14th, 2008, 01:35 PM
That's what I though, I'm going to re do the wheels.

DEElekgolo
December 14th, 2008, 03:37 PM
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1258/regice1pnggj9.jpg
Current WIP. I need ideas for a sky.
Update
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4652/regiceidea1jk1.png

Hunter
December 14th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I AV GOWT IIM ON POKAMOOON RUBYYYYYY!!

u ad 2 read brail n evrathin 2 fyt n catch iim.

----------------------------------------------------

Nice render, could do with a background though.

EDIT: Maybe add some fog around him to show that its cold.

DEElekgolo
December 14th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I need to fix the yellow "eyes" though. Maxwell doesnt want to emit light inside the ice. So now they just look 2d. Gotta try and fix that...

ICEE
December 14th, 2008, 04:31 PM
what.. is it?

Hunter
December 14th, 2008, 04:36 PM
A Pokemon :) Forgot its name. Was awesome to catch though.

Edit: Regice (Google ftw)

Rentafence
December 14th, 2008, 04:40 PM
No way in hell that's a pokemon. We all know that there are only 150.

DEElekgolo
December 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Regice_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Hunter
December 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM
A material you might like Dee which I just saw when I clicked on a bookmark by accident:

http://www.vray-materials.de/all_materials.php?mat=622

Poop :)

DEElekgolo
December 14th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks but I didn't use Vray to render.

Heathen
December 14th, 2008, 06:24 PM
No way in hell that's a pokemon. We all know that there are only 150.

qft

Gwunty
December 14th, 2008, 07:19 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/carlos_y_charlie/fusioncore-1.jpg
First thing I modeled in a while, probably going to tag\release.

Heathen
December 14th, 2008, 08:15 PM
isnt the center thingy thicker?

TeeKup
December 14th, 2008, 08:40 PM
The Regi's were some of the most badass pokemon I've ever seen.

ThePlague
December 14th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Heathen has a point, I think it is thicker.

DaneO'Roo
December 14th, 2008, 11:27 PM
at work right now, nothing to do (I make banners) so I made a lolzy lolz

http://dano555666.deviantart.com/art/Lolritos-106379598

Bastinka
December 15th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Idgi Dane?

E:

Oh you'd like it to be thicker :-3

DaneO'Roo
December 16th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Course no one gets it :(

L2moar bill hicks.

Jay Leno first sold out in the 90s with a doritos commercial, this is just a nod to that.

Bad Waffle
December 16th, 2008, 03:13 AM
bitch, stop talking and do that crap for me that you said you would

DaneO'Roo
December 16th, 2008, 01:27 PM
3EBZ9WcLiIA

Theres the commercial if you wanna see just how fake Jay Leno is.

As you can see we all have fair cause to hate america.

And yes Wave, I am doing the stuff :U

Bad Waffle
December 16th, 2008, 08:55 PM
had a bit of time today and yesterday, worked on this:

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/4366/oshityr1.png

Roostervier
December 16th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Lookin' good so far man.

Heathen
December 16th, 2008, 09:15 PM
that commercial was so incredibly bleh.

Too much old.

Rob Oplawar
December 16th, 2008, 09:36 PM
WoL, normally your weapon models are astounding, but idk, I'm not really feellin it on this one. Idk, I'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

Heathen
December 16th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Not so much digging the sniper either. Looks too stripped...to skeletal.

Geo
December 16th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Is there a reason for the odd shaped wire thing going around the front of the scope?

jngrow
December 16th, 2008, 11:10 PM
yeah dude the wire thing is kinda ridiculous.

Bad Waffle
December 16th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Yea, its not even an hour of work, just seein how you guys like it, of course.

I felt like fucking with the weird wire thing there already, so i made a really crazy one. I don't really like it, i'm just gonna make a more traditional one.

ICEE
December 16th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I never understood what that thing is anyways.

CtrlAltDestroy
December 16th, 2008, 11:39 PM
It's a carry handle.

ICEE
December 17th, 2008, 12:04 AM
It seems poorly positioned to be a carry handle, with so little given room between the handle and the scope it would be hard to get your fingers in there.

Timo
December 17th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Shouldn't it be at the center of weight too? So it doesn't pivot around the guy's hand that's holding it, or something.

SnaFuBAR
December 17th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Stereotypically that would be around the area above the magazine, but that depends on the materials and action of the weapon ;) Keep in mind that the barrel is one hell of a big piece of metal.

WoL, I've got a better idea for the carry handle. Message me when you can, and hopefully I don't forget.

ExAm
December 17th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Is the scope held in some sort of antigrav field or something? :v:

rossmum
December 17th, 2008, 01:27 AM
The carry handle is unnecessarily complicated. Stick with the single piece of bent tubing that it had to begin with.

Bad Waffle
December 17th, 2008, 01:54 AM
i had no idea what it was until now, oddly enough. You would think staring at guns for long enough it would have clicked in my head.

Ross, i gotta disagree with you, its not UNnecessarily complicated, its complicated with a very good reason--to look really friggin weird. Because i thought it was just a weird thing until two hours ago.

rossmum
December 17th, 2008, 02:12 AM
It looks too weird, though. And ugly.

http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-colbert.gif

Kalub
December 17th, 2008, 03:38 AM
You realize your talking to the man that painted his face with highlighter and ran around screaming at little girls....right?

Longshot
December 17th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Working on some terrain, can't really seem to grasp how to model it, which do you blokes think is the best?

The first one's basic shape was created with a spline then I just basically cut it into cubes and optimized where necessary to get more variation. To me it's a better way than the second one as that's just not varied enough, I don't know. I'm bad at terrain.

Any pointers from anyone here?

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1048/20340206qc8.png

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7610/89611243kj5.png

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3595/88155357zz2.png

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4690/98036338tc2.png

Timo
December 17th, 2008, 03:59 AM
With that perspective it's hard to tell whether or not it's anything more than a flat plane. That, and any contours in the plane it looks like you've tried to add lack definition. Are you trying to model something like an uneven field...? Try looking at some of the terrain that bungie has modeled.

Longshot
December 17th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Well it's kind of hard to explain really, I've sort of tried to add some hills and whatnot. I've looked at the models that Bungie modeled but that sort of makes my head hurt too.

I suppose I just start out with a small plane / edge and continue on from there mapping out what sort of shape I want?

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

ExAm
December 17th, 2008, 04:44 AM
i had no idea what it was until now, oddly enough. You would think staring at guns for long enough it would have clicked in my head.

Ross, i gotta disagree with you, its not UNnecessarily complicated, its complicated with a very good reason--to look really friggin weird. Because i thought it was just a weird thing until two hours ago.
^This right hurr is my design philosophy.

Hunter
December 17th, 2008, 08:29 AM
had a bit of time today and yesterday, worked on this:

*Image*

Cross breed with Halo 3 Sniper and... errr... boredom?

Looks cool though, and different.

Geo
December 17th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Just some early stage terrain from one of my bsps.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/scottclark610/terrain.jpg

TeeKup
December 17th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Interesting, add more too it.

Geo
December 17th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Yus sur. I plan on finishing it tho. I'll give an update with renders of the interiors too once its more complete.

ThePlague
December 17th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Nice. Now I see what you were doing while I was watching over Teamviewer =)

Hunter
December 17th, 2008, 01:58 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/carbine_test.jpg

Why is it all pixely? Or spotty on the carbine, and how do you add a plane and lights. This is in Maxwell btw, and its my 1st.

And how do I add smoothing groups?

Geo
December 17th, 2008, 02:53 PM
This is a BR I'm working on. Obviously custom stuff is added.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/scottclark610/lowres-1.jpg
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/scottclark610/lowres2.jpg
Note: I will be lowering the scopes polies by ALOT. I wasted quite a few there.

Bastinka
December 17th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Pretty nice BR, wireframe?

Geo
December 17th, 2008, 03:17 PM
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/scottclark610/wireframe.jpg
About 4k tris

jngrow
December 17th, 2008, 06:21 PM
It's very stubby, like a TF2 version of the BR.

teh lag
December 17th, 2008, 06:29 PM
It's very stubby, like a TF2 version of the BR.

Unless you're going for a more cartoony look, that's not what a BR is. You have the details, but the proportions are incredibly off. It's not a *bad* model, though there's a number of places where you need to clean up.

DEElekgolo
December 17th, 2008, 06:39 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/carbine_test.jpg

Why is it all pixely? Or spotty on the carbine, and how do you add a plane and lights. This is in Maxwell btw, and its my 1st.

And how do I add smoothing groups?
Hunter. Xfire me and ill teach you maxwell.

SnaFuBAR
December 17th, 2008, 06:44 PM

All these BR's make me want to do a proper subdivision high res halo universe style rifle.

Stop it.

ICEE
December 17th, 2008, 06:50 PM
All these BR's make me want to do a proper subdivision high res halo universe style rifle.

Stop it.
Why stop? If your on a mapping team that needs a battle rifle, you model one. Its as simple as that. You don't have to like it snaf. He asked for criticism on the model, not the gun he modeled.

MetKiller Joe
December 17th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Why stop? If your on a mapping team that needs a battle rifle, you model one. Its as simple as that. You don't have to like it snaf. He asked for criticism on the model, not the gun he modeled.

That's one thing I've never been able to figure out. Has nobody ever created a repository of "the best" models for this that and the other thing? I mean, giving credit to other people given, I don't see why people don't do that.

It just seems redundant.

Unless, of course, it is less about pride and more about practice, in which case, whatever.

I like the BR, but the butt looks a little too long Z-axis wise, imo.

ICEE
December 17th, 2008, 07:25 PM
That's one thing I've never been able to figure out. Has nobody ever created a repository of "the best" models for this that and the other thing? I mean, giving credit to other people given, I don't see why people don't do that.

It just seems redundant.

Unless, of course, it is less about pride and more about practice, in which case, whatever.

I like the BR, but the butt looks a little too long Z-axis wise, imo.
In the long run, its not necessarily about making the models/skins/animations/ whatever perfect, its about making it yours. Thats what makes it fun, for me at least.

=sw=warlord
December 17th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Other than the incompleteness and obvious missing smoothing groups am i going in the right direction with this?
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4387/screenhunter01dec180141aw9.gif

Heathen
December 17th, 2008, 07:50 PM
looks like its on guardian >.>

=sw=warlord
December 17th, 2008, 07:52 PM
looks like its on guardian >.>
The mesh, not the picture behind it [facepalm]

SnaFuBAR
December 17th, 2008, 07:56 PM

I'm saying everyone making one makes me want to show em up... not that i dislike it or literally mean that everyone should stop making BR's.:rolleyes:

Kalub
December 17th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Shit, I hate battle rifles.... seriously... can we find a new gun to model?

Gwunty
December 17th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Import a halo 1 GS mesh so you dont mess up proportions and make him a oval.

Geo
December 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Shit, I hate battle rifles.... seriously... can we find a new gun to model?

Well sigma wanted a battle rifle. So I modeled one. But its more shaped like h2 as far as the length goes. I like the h2 size more, so thats why I did it that way. (And if you think I'm just making an excuse to a bad model, I'm not. I actually had the h2 BR model imported so that I could get the size like that)

Heathen
December 17th, 2008, 09:59 PM
I'm saying everyone making one makes me want to show em up... not that i dislike it or literally mean that everyone should stop making BR's.:rolleyes:

A surprisingly tame post by Snaf. + Respect and rep.

Geo
December 17th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Yeah I was expecting to get chewed out on the model itself.

paladin
December 17th, 2008, 11:43 PM
20 minutes, quick sketch. I am still working on the shading.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9565/scannedimage2mc9.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scannedimage2mc9.jpg)

SnaFuBAR
December 17th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Your BR is squashed. I have the H2 model, and it's not compacted like that. PM me your AIM and i'll send you the appropriately dimensioned model.

Hunter
December 18th, 2008, 04:10 AM

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/scottclark610/lowres-1.jpg
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/scottclark610/lowres2.jpg

I like that, its compact and nice. :) Would +rep but wont let me.

thehoodedsmack
December 18th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Looks cartoony, which in itself isn't a bad thing; it'd go nice with one of those big-headed, cell-shaded biped models. :3

=sw=warlord
December 18th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Import a halo 1 GS mesh so you dont mess up proportions and make him a oval.
I've had the halo 1 guiltyspark mesh in the window all the time i was modeling that, as well as screenshots of the forge monitor.

Geo
December 18th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Your BR is squashed. I have the H2 model, and it's not compacted like that. PM me your AIM and i'll send you the appropriately dimensioned model.

Thats ok. I'll go about fixing it myself. As long as ICEE doesn't mind redoing the anims lol

ICEE
December 18th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Thats ok. I'll go about fixing it myself. As long as ICEE doesn't mind redoing the anims lol
ICEE minds... To be honest it doesn't look very disproportionate to me, and I really don't want to re-do the anims just because modacity people think it looks cartoony.

paladin
December 18th, 2008, 11:36 AM
The ass end is HUGE. It is is very disproportionate.

ICEE
December 18th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Whatever. Geo, if you want to edit the model, I will reanimate it but it won't exactly be my highest priority right now.

Geo
December 18th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Nah its fine. If we spend forever fixing everything(i want to fix the model but don't want to make you redo the anims), we will end up like h3mt. Getting nothing done.

SnaFuBAR
December 18th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Keep in mind that its stubby dimensions will make it look extremely foreshortened in fp, especially with this game.

Geo
December 18th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Well this is the origins that ICEE made. Tell me if you think its ok, Snaf.

Enhanced FOV render:
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/scottclark610/TheBRorigin.jpg

A screenshot of the actual ingame origin from a camera viewpoint:
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww243/scottclark610/realorigin.jpg

Gwunty
December 18th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Nah its fine. If we spend forever fixing everything(i want to fix the model but don't want to make you redo the anims), we will end up like h3mt. Getting nothing done.
Orly?

rossmum
December 18th, 2008, 02:17 PM
How about we don't start any retarded "MY TEAM IS BETTER THAN YOUR TEAM" shit in this thread?

:|

Geo
December 18th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I didn't want to start any of it. I made a comment without thinking. Besides, me and CLS are too good of friends to argue like that anyway.

SnaFuBAR
December 18th, 2008, 02:26 PM
It doesn't look bad, but it does look a bit short and fat.

Looks ok. Oh and your rail is way too wide as well. If you want to keep it in its current proportioning it's up to you.

Geo
December 18th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I'll look into it. Thanks.

ICEE
December 18th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I'm pretty satisfied with it to be honest. It does feel like a battle rifle in game. We just need that sucker skinned.

Roostervier
December 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7519/shottienadese5.gif

Any thoughts? Throw-grenade anims are the hardest for me to do. :\

ExAm
December 18th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Very nice, tbh.

Bad Waffle
December 18th, 2008, 04:37 PM
bonerific

:jizz:

il Duce Primo
December 18th, 2008, 05:17 PM
The one thing I noticed was the thumb right at the last moment. Otherwise I didn't spot anything else, nice job!

ICEE
December 18th, 2008, 05:29 PM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7519/shottienadese5.gif

Any thoughts? Throw-grenade anims are the hardest for me to do. :\

The frame gun movements look terrible to be honest, and the hand gets to far to the right at times. it also pauses for a frame or two, and that looks kind of wrong to me. When it returns to the origin, the hand seems to catch it a little late as well, and that looks pretty unnatural. It also doesn't look so much like hes throwing it. What I would suggest you do for frame gun is add more rotations on the X axis so it doesn't look so much like he's stiffly moving it upward and then immediately bringing it back down. The model looks awesome though. Where did you get it, or did you make it yourself?

Roostervier
December 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the crit, I'll try to work some stuff in. A few things to address: 1) The thumb has no problem, that's just some weird ass shadow because of the lighting. I noticed it too but when I went back to look at it, nothing was really wrong with it. 2) The base model is mine, but then WOL did some awesome stuff to it for hrh (stock, stuff for the sight, the rails).

ICEE
December 18th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I love the model. I'd like to play with it myself sometime.

Limited
December 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Hmm, the model blows I know, this was more to do with the texturing. I plan to add more dirt and rust onto it. Maybe some scorch marks and general grime. The red things on top are suppose to be lights, I havent got round to texturing them so its a generic red for now :)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/103/renderea5.jpg

And to show off my crappy modeling skills in true 3d, a video :)
RYTZpFUkF8w

I dont have max on this pc and file so I cant get any more renders till after xmas, this pc has nothing :( part from coding :P

Edit:
What do you think of my 5 min master chief and grunt that doesnt really look like a grunt asset work? Two of many Halo ones I need to make for my game =\
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6306/mcln6.png http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8122/gruntfj0.png

kenney001
December 18th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Posted this over in the monthly challenge...about 1.5 hours of work (not rendering time)http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/kenney001/pirate2.jpg

cheezdue
December 18th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Looks nice, but the texture at the front of the raft seem blurred.

kenney001
December 18th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I know the DOF caused the log to blur in front on accident
I know I'm re-rendering a new one as I type

Amit
December 18th, 2008, 11:51 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/amit9821/lighttrailzoefinal.jpg

my female BFF drew this for me for my 17th Birthday as a card. it's only a section of the front page. I scanned the image and then added a blue-to-green cyan gradient and tried to fix the lighting and added a lense flare.

FluffyDuckyâ„¢
December 18th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I know I'm re-rendering a new one as I type

And the cannon.

mech
December 18th, 2008, 11:56 PM

my female BFF drew this for me for my 17th Birthday as a card. it's only a section of the front page. I scanned the image and then added a blue-to-green cyan gradient and tried to fix the lighting and added a lense flare.

Nvm, thought you drew it. Was gonna call you a faggot for dotting your I with a heart.

Amit
December 19th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Nvm, thought you drew it. Was gonna call you a faggot for dotting your I with a heart.

haha yeah. Stupid me i should have put up the original with it:

Original
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/amit9821/B-DayCardFront300DPIworkable.jpg

New

jngrow
December 19th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Is that a lens flare I see? Well, pic is now approximately Eighty-Brazillian times better.

Amit
December 19th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Is that a lens flare I see? Well, pic is now approximately Eighty-Brazillian times better.

haha, yeah. I put my explanation in ninja tags in my first post.

i messed around with the hues too because the colours became desaturated when i scanned the card.

Invader Veex
December 19th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Just to let you know, your GFF didn't make that drawing herself, from her own mind. It's a remake, or trace over. I have a friend, Dima (http://xdimax.deviantart.com/), who drew this in her own style about a year and a half ago. Here's the original (http://xdimax.deviantart.com/art/Ohio-is-for-Lovers-60929313).

The edits give it a different feel, though. Nice touch. Though, the face on the female makes her look old, due to some darker shading closer to the eyes, so it seems there are wrinkles. Also, the female's face is a little pale.

BobtheGreatII
December 19th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Just to let you know, your GFF didn't make that drawing herself, from her own mind. It's a remake, or trace over. I have a friend, Dima (http://xdimax.deviantart.com/), who drew this in her own style about a year and a half ago. Here's the original (http://xdimax.deviantart.com/art/Ohio-is-for-Lovers-60929313).

The edits give it a different feel, though. Nice touch. Though, the face on the female makes her look old, due to some darker shading closer to the eyes, so it seems there are wrinkles. Also, the female's face is a little pale.

Way to ruin the thread... : (

Amit
December 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM

Haha, thanks for the tip. Your friend draws really good, i looked through her gallery. It only took about 10-15 minutes in all so I didn't put a great deal of time into trying to fix everything up. My friend is pale but not too pale haha, and yeah the female looks old, I noticed that but I didn't want to change the colouration too much. I guess I'd be kinda bias towards the variation that my friend drew, but I like hers better than your friend's original because it's a lot less emo. :lol:

Geo
December 19th, 2008, 12:22 PM
They both still look incredibly emo tho lol. But hey, nothing wrong with that :P

Amit
December 19th, 2008, 03:05 PM
They both still look incredibly emo tho lol. But hey, nothing wrong with that :P

hey, at least the guy representin me ain't too emo looking.:woot:

my BFF ain't emo either...it's just her taste in art...is sorta emo. btw, she's not my girlfriend. lol my girlfriend lacks the skillz to recreate anything, like me hahaha.

Hunter
December 19th, 2008, 03:28 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/carbine.png

My first maxwell render, took 1 hour. stupid DOF shizen wouldn't work right... And the program doesn't like smoothing groups, does a load of crap like smooth certain angles...

And I forgot to save as jpeg... oh well.

Heathen
December 19th, 2008, 03:38 PM

I avtually like this alot

ultama121
December 21st, 2008, 03:55 PM
Props to your BFF, its pretty unique.

L4meS4uce
December 28th, 2008, 02:12 AM
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr224/l4mes4uce/myconceptwire.jpg

Heathen
December 28th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Looks to skinny, plain, and skeletal.

Geo
December 28th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Like heathen said, it looks way too skinny. And the front grip is just ridiculous. How would you ever hold onto something like that?

DEElekgolo
December 28th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Bored on a sunday. Crapped this out.
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8143/ut32008122813251856yw5.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2869/ut32008122813271175hi3.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3277/ut32008122813274467nc8.jpg

ExAm
December 28th, 2008, 04:01 PM
idgi, is it an empty coat as a character?

DEElekgolo
December 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Nah. Just a empty coat. I make random props so that I may use them in the future when I may ever need them.

BobtheGreatII
December 28th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Shotgun I made a few weeks ago in a couple of hours. Far from being done, but that's what we have the crit thread for. Things I'm looking for: An idea for details on the side, I don't like the stretched cylinders and a different mechanism for the revolver part to come out...

Anyway, it has batteries instead of shells, 4 revolving batteries; 2 shots each.
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/4176/render1np2.png

Disaster
December 28th, 2008, 06:38 PM
A laser sight, flashlight, a bayonet, or a combination of the previous.

L4meS4uce
December 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
oh well thats just cool.

MMFSdjw
December 28th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Very nice Shotty.
Maybe inside those shapes near the front have slots or holes making part of the barrels visible?
Does that make sense?

Heathen
December 28th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Badass shotty. Would fit nicely up someones vagina.

THE ABORTIONATOR.

BobtheGreatII
December 28th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Badass shotty. Would fit nicely up someones vagina.

THE ABORTIONATOR.

:saggy:

DaneO'Roo
December 29th, 2008, 12:11 AM

:shake:

DEElekgolo
December 29th, 2008, 01:20 AM
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/540/58772436af7.png
Animated PNGs FTW!

Heathen
December 29th, 2008, 01:21 AM
All I see is a black square.

killer9856
December 29th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I just got myself a tablet, feels wierd drawing on it. I think Ive gotten the hand of it though. This is my first sketch. I'm well aware of the right hand proportion, and im trying to fix it up. If someone has a good tutorial site, please post it for me, that would be most appreciated.

Oh yeah my sketch.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/SAH1R/marine_first.jpg

DEElekgolo
December 29th, 2008, 01:32 AM
All I see is a black square.
Then your browser doesnt support Animated pngs.
+1 Firefox

Heathen
December 29th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Proportions are bunk.

E: But my browser isnt a crashprone piece of shit.

+1 Google Chrome.

DEElekgolo
December 29th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Fine. .GIF for chrome fags.
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9716/85911465pa4.gif
Edit:
Cool stuff.
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/306/85929137ij2.gif
Awesome part is that I can make these things in less then 3 minutes.

Heathen
December 29th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Then they arent really interesting. Only interesting things are difficult things.

DEElekgolo
December 29th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Not if you made yourself a template.
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/7326/55943188vo6.gif

Heathen
December 29th, 2008, 01:59 AM
do they have Any practical use?

DEElekgolo
December 29th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Particle textures.

Heathen
December 29th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Particle textures.

I can accept that explanation.

e: Most users ever online was 973, December 22nd, 2008 at 02:31 PM.

HOLY CRAP.

DEElekgolo
December 29th, 2008, 02:10 AM
From the DDOS probably.

Heathen
December 29th, 2008, 02:32 AM
ah

legionaire45
December 29th, 2008, 03:09 AM
First time trying to make a mesh using mostly quads/some triangles here and there. First time using meshsmooth as well.
http://xs134.xs.to/xs134/08011/wat315.jpg
http://xs134.xs.to/xs134/08011/holy_dickpickles770.jpg
Lol, that's a lot of lines. I fail at this already.

EDIT:
http://xs134.xs.to/xs134/08011/shitrender443.jpg
That's the model that is actually going ingame :3. WIP, 1666 triangles, etc. I think it's an omen. Right now I feel really sick - I think 3DS Max made me motion sick D: .

NuggetWarmer
December 29th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Models for an Indie game...
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/foxymccloud/Modeling/Toilet.png
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/foxymccloud/Modeling/Sink.png
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/foxymccloud/Modeling/Fridges.png
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/foxymccloud/Modeling/PropaneTank.png

And now something I'm working on in free time...
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u27/foxymccloud/Modeling/Alhelmet.jpg
It's really basic as of right now.

Advancebo
December 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
I spy Full Metal Alchemist

DEElekgolo
December 29th, 2008, 01:52 PM
No you dont.

Masterz1337
December 29th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I spy someone who needs to get on AIM!

legionaire45
December 29th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Moar.
http://xs134.xs.to/xs134/08011/newrender982.jpg
http://xs134.xs.to/xs134/08011/newrender2176.jpg
Crit me before I finish the model and start UV'ing it D:

DEElekgolo
December 29th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Move the reflex sight back more.

jngrow
December 29th, 2008, 08:30 PM
what reflex sight?

DEElekgolo
December 29th, 2008, 08:35 PM
iron sights*

kid908
December 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM
^
|

what they said. no gun has the iron sight right at the end of the gun(non that i've seen). there's always a bit of the barrow extended from the iron sight(hmm..oddway of phrasing it but i think u get the idea).

legionaire45
December 29th, 2008, 10:09 PM
http://xs134.xs.to/xs134/08011/sl7render_small_copy752.jpg

I am perverts. (http://world.guns.ru/civil/civ022-e.htm)

BTW, the sight should work like it does in the real world. This is an important factoid.

ExAm
December 29th, 2008, 11:34 PM
On the actual gun, if you look closely, the sight is still mounted just behind the barrel opening.

legionaire45
December 30th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Fixed. It's almost impossible to see the extra bit of barrel but I ended up shaving a few triangles off so I'll leave it be for now.

And when I said the site should "actually work like it does in the real world", I was refering to the fact that I'm putting it into a game/mod that should make use of that part of the model. EG. Working iron sights. Assuming I dont go and put a scope on it anyway.

Unwrapping it now.

DEElekgolo
December 30th, 2008, 12:07 PM
http://fc30.deviantart.com/fs38/i/2008/365/5/b/Blue_triangles_by_DEElekgolo.png

dark57
December 30th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Nice DEE.

mech
December 30th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Bloodasp with no weapons.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/1866/bloodasp1jr7.jpg
http://xs134.xs.to/xs134/08012/bloodasp2324.jpg
http://xs134.xs.to/xs134/08012/bloodasp3978.jpg
http://xs134.xs.to/xs134/08012/bloodasp4311.jpg
http://xs134.xs.to/xs134/08012/bloodasp5216.jpg

TeeKup
December 31st, 2008, 07:34 AM
FINISH IT. D:

ultama121
December 31st, 2008, 03:41 PM
mech, that's absolutely beautiful. :awesome:

L4meS4uce
December 31st, 2008, 07:01 PM
yeah that is beautiful work right there

killer9856
December 31st, 2008, 08:59 PM
Your work has inspired me.

Also, I finished painting my marine sketch. Im still trying to get the proportions right, but that will be in my next drawing.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/SAH1R/marine_first-1.jpg

LinkandKvel
December 31st, 2008, 10:34 PM
Your work has inspired me.

Also, I finished painting my marine sketch. Im still trying to get the proportions right, but that will be in my next drawing.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s15/SAH1R/marine_first-1.jpg

:XD: Sorry but the arms............:lol:

Evil_Monkey
December 31st, 2008, 10:44 PM
On his back, is that the back spartan laser leading to the front of a sniper?

killer9856
December 31st, 2008, 10:56 PM
I just came up with my own idea for a weapon. It was suppose to be a sniper

I know about the arms, higuy was making fun of me because of that :(

Joshflighter
January 1st, 2009, 02:57 AM
Higuy making fun of you?... thats alittle funny.. lol.

This is my first weapon I have modeled so far:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3283/3155001531_1dc6afd7a2_o.jpg

It's basicly almost done. I used Disaster's model as refernce and H3:ODST as a ref. I added parts that I wanted as well. Tomorrow im working on bring the tri count down, but can I get any pointers on what should be fixed? Im sorry if its bad. :(

Reaper Man
January 1st, 2009, 04:10 AM
Seems that it has everything but a trigger. Very useful gun, brosef.

Pooky
January 1st, 2009, 08:48 AM
Seems that it has everything but a trigger. Very useful gun, brosef.

view models don't need triggers :eyesroll:

=sw=warlord
January 1st, 2009, 09:24 AM
This is over 500 years in the future, im sure they would proably have designed some other thing to make the weapon fire than some old anologue button:rolleyes:

SnaFuBAR
January 1st, 2009, 01:39 PM

Reload animations.

This is over 500 years in the future, im sure they would proably have designed some other thing to make the weapon fire than some old anologue button:rolleyes:

this isn't some electronic firing system, it would have a trigger.

ICEE
January 1st, 2009, 02:11 PM
Smg's do have triggers. I definitely suggest modeling it in. Its essentially a box so it shouldn't be a problem. Some halo guns don't have triggers because they apparently have a pressure sensitive pad that serves the same function. To me, that sounds like its asking for an accident

Joshflighter
January 1st, 2009, 02:33 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3268/3157422734_1c16628af9_o.jpg

Trigger happy. lol, ik the trigger is boxy, but there isn't much to a trigger :o

Hunter
January 1st, 2009, 04:52 PM
Made this a while ago.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/martynball/SMG_1.jpg

Any good? Needs a better render. I was thinking of improving it and using it to make H3:Recon SMG.

ExAm
January 1st, 2009, 05:05 PM
The grips are way too boxy, Fear.