PDA

View Full Version : I really have no words for this.

itszutak
April 28th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Power of prayer!

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/DiabetesResource/story?id=4741254&page=1

...Really, no words. I understand what was going through their heads, but in this day and age...jeez.

Mr Buckshot
April 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Faith in humanity: -1000000
Faith in the devout: -99999999999999

This is just unbelievable. I can tell that neither parent was educated in the most basic of science...

SnaFuBAR
April 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
totally ridiculous.

Darkness
April 28th, 2008, 08:33 PM
We're all going to die eventually. Science is just a bunch of theories that people observe anyways, but getting charged for homicide when they follow their beliefs? Thats ridiculous

Warsaw
April 28th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I hate people...seriously.

Pooky
April 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
News about how stupid people are never surprises me anymore.

~ZMT~Trace
April 28th, 2008, 08:35 PM
but getting charged for homicide when they follow their beliefs? Thats ridiculous

I agree. facepalm.jpg

Warsaw
April 28th, 2008, 08:36 PM
I wonder what she would say to that...

Sel
April 28th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Well prayings free, whereas US health care costs a lot more.

Sooooo.....

itszutak
April 28th, 2008, 08:39 PM
We're all going to die eventually. Science is just a bunch of theories that people observe anyways, but getting charged for homicide when they follow their beliefs? Thats ridiculous
This is getting on very touchy grounds, which I did realize when I posted this.

This is an example of religious thought going too far. We are taught that if someone collapses, you call 911. They, however, chose not to call until her breathing stopped. Religion or not...

Anyhow, most people with any shred of common sense, religious or not, should (and would) call 911. These people do NOT represent religion in any way.

TeeKup
April 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Well prayings free, whereas US health care costs a lot more.

Sooooo.....

If your condition is life threatening Insurance will pay for it right off the bat and you're rate won't go up that much. But it IS expensive.

Llama Juice
April 28th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Thank you for this. I really hope these kids realize that GOD HATES THEM

I'm atheist... so... yea... but.... I have extremely religious friends that I can toss this link at. Thank you.

ICEE
April 28th, 2008, 08:54 PM

I'm atheist... so... yea... but.... I have extremely religious friends that I can toss this link at. Thank you.

Thats... Friendly. I'm not religious, and I have no problem with religious people as long as they don't try to convert me or do something fucking retarded like in the article.

Mr Buckshot
April 28th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I don't really blame religion on this. Even Catholic high priests would know better.

According to the article, the father used to be a cop...he was probably expelled from the force because he prayed for God to smite a criminal rather than do the apprehension himself.

Yeah...kids, make sure you stay in school and pass every subject, and make sure you get nothing under an A in the common sense unit. By the way, I don't know if it's just me, but the two parents look like a waiter and a waitress. Figures.

TeeKup
April 28th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Religion fails, people are stupid. We get it. How many of these threads have we had now?

Mr Buckshot
April 28th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Not many. Anyway, I just converted to Christianity, and I'll pray for God to give me 45 IB points instead of studying hard.

TeeKup
April 28th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Funny I remember quite a few.

Llama Juice
April 28th, 2008, 09:04 PM
By the way, I don't know if it's just me, but the two parents look like a waiter and a waitress. Figures.

What's that have to do with anything? Why bring class into this? One of the smartest and most talented persons I know is a waitress.

Mr Buckshot
April 28th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Well, there's nothing wrong with being a waiter. But to go down from being a cop to being a waiter is...I'd rather not say.

TeeKup
April 28th, 2008, 09:23 PM
No you shouldn't, in fact, shut up now and avoid the embarrassment.

Corndogman
April 28th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Wow, seriously. I'm a Christian and i believe in prayer but seriously, when someones dieing you call 911. Though, I don't believe these people should be sent to prison, just ridiculed a bit. It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that you cant get medical help and you must pray to be healed.

anyways, dont base what you think of religious people off 1 pair of stupid people. It really annoys me when people assume that all Christians are the same and want to condemn you to hell. Most of us aren't like that at all.

SnaFuBAR
April 28th, 2008, 09:44 PM

Are you a frickin retard? Science is just a bunch of theories? do yourself a favor and never post something like that ever again, you ignoramus. As far as not being charged with homicide... why not? The neglect is obvious and irrational. They made a conscious decision that cost their daughter her life.

Another country heard from. Just another anti-religion zealot. Shut up.

Religion fails, people are stupid. We get it.
Religion doesn't fail. Religion doesn't say anything like forget medicine and turn only to God. People fail.

I don't believe these people should be sent to prison, just ridiculed a bit.
Just ridiculed for them not getting their daughter life saving treatment? Ridiculous.

TeeKup
April 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Right, teekup has been needing correcting for the past several days. I blame prom and the shitton of projects in school. :gonk:

Bodzilla
April 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
saw this about a month ago.

poor kid.

Corndogman
April 28th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Just ridiculed for them not getting their daughter life saving treatment? Ridiculous.

yeah, your right, that is a bit light. but 25 years in prison, thats a little much imo.

I agree with you Snaf, religion doesn't fail, people do. God gave us free will, and we fucked it up.

rossmum
April 28th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Religion fails, people are stupid. We get it. How many of these threads have we had now?
People fail, people are stupid. Religion in itself is fine, it's just that most idiots don't know how to deal with it. They assume you absolutely positively must kill anyone who has one different to yours and that God will magically fix every little thing. Uh, God has a whole universe to look after, if not several; I doubt he's going to be able to tend to every single person all the time. That said, there are still plenty of good religious people out there with some common sense and the common decency not to go around belief-raping people.

/hf snaffles

CN3089
April 28th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Science is just a bunch of theories that people observe anyways,
Yeah guys, science is just like religion, right? http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/gf-cripes.gif

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-downswords.gif

get out and stop giving atheists a bad name

p.s. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=4541175 http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-toot.gif

e:
but 25 years in prison, thats a little much imo.up to 25 years

or are you saying that they shouldn't be charged with reckless homicide

even after they didn't seek medical attention after their daughter went into a coma

Aerowyn
April 28th, 2008, 10:50 PM
This is just unbelievable. I can tell that neither parent was educated in the most basic of science...

Science is the DEVIL, DUH.

Bad Waffle
April 28th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Are you a frickin retard? Science is just a bunch of theories? do yourself a favor and never post something like that ever again, you ignoramus. As far as not being charged with homicide... why not? The neglect is obvious and irrational. They made a conscious decision that cost their daughter her life.

Another country heard from. Just another anti-religion zealot. Shut up.

Religion doesn't fail. Religion doesn't say anything like forget medicine and turn only to God. People fail.

i agree with the previous message