PDA

View Full Version : Yellow jackets are interesting

Mr Buckshot
May 1st, 2008, 07:38 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/93/European_wasp_white_bg.jpg/250px-European_wasp_white_bg.jpg

So I was doing my homework as usual, when I saw a fat yellow jacket (not a bee, because it lacks fur) hovering around near the window blinds. Immediately, I reached for my electric flyswatter and shocked the yellow jacket. It sailed downwards onto a newspaper like a plane that was shot down.

I went over to examine the yellow jacket and throw it away, but I noticed it was still moving. So I learned one fact - a single shock from the electric flyswatter doesn't kill yellow jackets outright. I've been stung by a yellow jacket before (trying to shoo it away) and I wanted revenge.

Curious, I grabbed my wire cutters and clipped off the yellow jacket's wings and stinger for further observation.

The yellow jacket soon recovered but had to crawl around like a land bug. I took out my X-acto knife and stabbed down on the joint between the thorax and the abdomen (for those of you who don't know biology, the thorax is the middle and the abdomen is the bottom where the stinger and brain are housed). Much to my surprise, the abdomen continued to contract and expand in a rhythmic manner. I thought the yellow jacket would've died, but I was wrong.

And what's more, the head and thorax continued to scurry around without the brain (it was in the abdomen). For a moment, I thought that the yellow jacket's individual body segments could survive on their own until dying from starvation.

Then I remembered something: In mainland Chinese public markets, live chickens are often beheaded and then sold as "fresh." The chicken, if left unrestrained, will run around on its own without a head, sometimes for up to a few hours. This is because the chicken's body is just constantly repeating the last signal sent by the brain over and over again until it runs out of muscle energy. Of course, the last brain signal was to flee, so the headless chicken will run around aimlessly.

So I thought, since insects are "lesser animals" in terms of anatomical complexity, why couldn't the same thing apply to the yellow jackets?

I decided not to continue any more, and I threw the dissected yellow jacket into the toilet and flushed.

Insects are remarkable creatures. I won't be surprised if they exist on extrasolar planets.

thehoodedsmack
May 1st, 2008, 07:40 PM
Did you feel like a big man, killing that bug? Well, at least it didn't have pain receptors (I think) :D

Bodzilla
May 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM
basically if insects where human sized. They would rule the earth.

Warsaw
May 1st, 2008, 07:49 PM
Indeed.
http://filmjournal.net/paulwjm/files/2007/03/starshiptroopers.jpg

Also, did you not learn this stuff about insects in school? This was 7th grade bio here. :D

Mr Buckshot
May 1st, 2008, 07:59 PM
Whoa, 7th grade? Ok, Silicon Valley's middle school sciences must suck 0_O I never knew that severed insect parts could continue to function because they were receiving the last signal from the brain.

Haha, one time I blew up a hornet's nest in California at my friend's house. We dressed in motorcycle helmets, thick scarves, and basically thick winter gear all the way down (enforced with masking tape too). I used a stick to dislodge the nest from an orange tree, while he planted a Chinese firecracker, poured lighter fluid on the nest, and ignited it. Most of the hornets didn't die, but some were visibly on fire. We then ran around with electric flyswatters like mad dogs.

No, I didn't feel like a big man when I dissected the yellow jacket alive. I felt like a professional biologist.

Mr Buckshot
May 1st, 2008, 08:00 PM
basically if insects where human sized. They would rule the earth.

Double post, but yes they would. Unfortunately, the low surface area to volume ratio and the lower oxygen levels today means that arthropods would have difficulty surviving if they were that large.

Con
May 1st, 2008, 08:11 PM
AFAIK an insects brain is not in its abdomen :|

Mr Buckshot
May 1st, 2008, 09:13 PM
AFAIK an insects brain is not in its abdomen :|

Cockroaches do.

Bad Waffle
May 1st, 2008, 09:43 PM
im interested in the bloody electric flyswatter.

king_nothing_
May 1st, 2008, 09:49 PM
Can you link me to something that affirms your claim that their brain is in their abdomen? That's odd.

rossmum
May 1st, 2008, 10:00 PM
It's not a matter of the brain being in the abdomen; they have several of the things right down the length of their body, if I recall correctly. Most (if not all) insects do.

Stormwing
May 1st, 2008, 10:01 PM
well most of that was unnecessary, wasn't it. I'm with smack on this one.

Rob Oplawar
May 1st, 2008, 10:16 PM
I like them. They're cool. And they're friggin hard to kill. Forget cockroaches- my bro once tried to crush a hornet with a book, pressing down on it as hard as he could, but he couldn't completely crush the exoskeleton, and when he lifted the book up, the little bugger crawled away. o.O

n00b1n8R
May 2nd, 2008, 12:24 AM
What the fuck did you do all that to it for?
If it was still alive, throw it out the window. Don't fucking rip it to bits in spite.

Phobias
May 2nd, 2008, 12:31 AM

I can't bring myself to kill many creatures, let alone disect them :|. I'm usually the one that gets rid of spiders, etc in my house with a plastic cup and cardboard.

Reaper Man
May 2nd, 2008, 12:34 AM
:haw: I has a whole bunch at home, they're awesome, sometimes bugs explode (with sparks :-3) when you hit em.

Mr Buckshot
May 2nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
I have an electric flyswatter in each room except for the bathrooms.

Those things are pure win against bugs that just refuse to settle down on a surface (rendering a regular swatter ineffective).

The way the bugs just sail down to the ground after being shocked is similar to the way bullet-ridden planes crash into the sea in WWII movies.

Yeah, yellow jackets are tough to squish. I got one with my shoe once (seriously) and although I crushed its head, I barely cracked its abdomen. The exoskeleton totally owns that of bees (which yellow jackets are often mistaken for).

Funny thing is, I used to call yellow jackets bees, simply because of the black and yellow stripes. But the yellow jackets have a hive that looks like a wet paper bag while the bees have honeycomb hives.

Have any of you ever destroyed the nest of wasps/hornets?

nooBBooze
May 2nd, 2008, 06:58 AM
I can't bring myself to kill many creatures, let alone disect them :|. I'm usually the one that gets rid of spiders, etc in my house with a plastic cup and cardboard.
i actually learned to love spiders. in my old appartment, they used the eat much creepier insects that lived beneath the floor.

TeeKup
May 2nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
A yellow jacket doesn't have its brain in its abdomen. I'm a bit irritated that you basically tortutred the poor thing to death. Do research on the internet next time, you're not a scientist so leave the poor things alone.

I don't understand why post people are scared to death of these things, if you don't bother them they'll leave you alone, they may be curious but they won't maul you for christs sake. There are MANY yellow jackets in my backyard and they've been nothing but a benefit. Holding a grudge against them just shows and stupid YOU are.

Llama Juice
May 2nd, 2008, 08:27 AM
Yea, but if it's in yer house?

I've never heard of an electric flyswatter... Fing crazy

it's like those silly electric erasers they has at school.... .stuff you'd never think would require a battery.... *sigh*

That's it, I'm waiting for electric paper.

itszutak
May 2nd, 2008, 08:45 AM
Yea, but if it's in yer house?

I've never heard of an electric flyswatter... Fing crazy

it's like those silly electric erasers they has at school.... .stuff you'd never think would require a battery.... *sigh*

That's it, I'm waiting for electric paper.
You won't have to wait long. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_paper)

(^link)

Reaper Man
May 2nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
I have an electric flyswatter in each room except for the bathrooms.

Those things are pure win against bugs that just refuse to settle down on a surface (rendering a regular swatter ineffective).

The way the bugs just sail down to the ground after being shocked is similar to the way bullet-ridden planes crash into the sea in WWII movies.

I once forgot to put the netting down in front of my window, so it was 20 minutes of epic warfare against the hundreds of bugs that got in. The sparks, and the squish marks on the wall, 'twas truly a bloody battle :awesome:

Rob Oplawar
May 2nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
Know what I love about Colorado? There are very few bugs of any sort here, and a large percentage of the bugs that are here are spiders, and they stay out of sight and keep all the other bugs out of sight as well.
I love/hate spiders, same way I love/hate hornets and wasps and stuff. They're cool to observe, but I freak out if they get too close to touching me. Too many skinny appendages. Yeesh.

Reaper Man
May 2nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
Know what I love about Colorado? There are very few bugs of any sort here, and a large percentage of the bugs that are here are spiders, and they stay out of sight and keep all the other bugs out of sight as well.
I love/hate spiders, same way I love/hate hornets and wasps and stuff. They're cool to observe, but I freak out if they get too close to touching me. Too many skinny appendages. Yeesh.
We have lots of spiders here too, also, an army of geckos living around/on the walls of my house, so we have a natural bug defense system :haw:

Bodzilla
May 2nd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Use'd to have alot of huntsmans kickign around the house. Never really bothered us, and they kept away the nastier spiders and bugs :)

But shit, every now and then one would scare the shit out of ya.
one night i just got out of the shower so i'm wet and naked. i grab my towel to dry off and dont notice that the huntsman is sitting on it. imagine a spider as big as your hand runnup your back and neck when your not expecting it.

Timo
May 2nd, 2008, 06:17 PM
As long as I don't have any lights on in my room, leaving a window open is fine. And if a few bugs come in, who cares :? Then again I guess I don't get the mammoth insects you guys seems to have. I guess we have Weta's, but they're not around as much as they used to be :-(
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e6/WetaClimbing.jpg/800px-WetaClimbing.jpg

Mr Buckshot
May 3rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
Spiders. I love them too as they have caught many annoying insects (including yellow jackets) in their webs. Unfortunately, they tend to build webs in too many locations, so I have to destroy webs like every week, especially when they get on my dad's paintings.

Back in Singapore, I had an army of common tiny brown house lizards...I even built a lego fort to keep a few once. Very charming pets.

Limited
May 3rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
Yellow jackets? LOL wtf hilarious name. You mean wasps right? They are like badass bees, they can sting and not die, therefore they sting anytime they feel a bit of threat.

I attempted to break/kill a wasp nest, did not go well. Half of the wasps died, the other half stung the shit out of me.

Bucket of water with washing up liquid in it + supersoaker is not enough to take out a big nest.

TeeKup
May 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
Yellow Jacket is the given name to the North American Wasp. Everyone else just calls them Wasps, since we're America, we have to be different. :downs:

Problem is your European Hornet was accidentally introduced into the U.S. at some point, so people don't feel threatened by Yellow Jackets, in fact we welcome them. The E. Hornet is what everyones scared of. By far the most aggressive insect in the Carolinas.

E: Timo the slow disappearance of the Weta should be a primary concern for you, I'm not familiar with the seasons in which they thrive but given their size, they would seem like the first insect to be affected by threats caused by man, I'd hate to see such a beautiful thing become threated. Although its probably nothing to worry about.

Limited
May 3rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
Theres european hornets? Never even knew...Although doubt they live in UK, they hate rain I guess.

TeeKup
May 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vespa_crabro

Agamemnon
May 3rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
Yellow Jacket is the given name to the North American Wasp. Everyone else just calls them Wasps, since we're America, we have to be different. :downs:
Uh, no. Yellowjackets are a specific type of wasp. Also, it looks like Buckshot lives in Canada.

Bodzilla
May 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
You think those guys are psycho?

check out these bad boys.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9c/Jack_Jumper_Ant.jpg/250px-Jack_Jumper_Ant.jpg

The symptoms of the stings of the ants are similar to stings of the fire ants (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_ant). The reaction is local; swelling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edema), reddening (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythema) and fever, followed by formation of a blister (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister). The heart rate increases, and blood pressure falls rapidly. In individuals allergic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allergic) to the venom (about 3% of cases), a sting sometimes causes anaphylactic shock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaphylactic_shock). Although 3% may seem small, jack jumper ants cause more deaths in Tasmania than spiders, snakes, wasps, and sharks combined.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrmecia_pilosula#cite_note-0)
These things are fucking Bad-ass.

Roostervier
May 3rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Uh, no. Yellowjackets are a specific type of wasp. Also, it looks like Buckshot lives in Canada.

Yes, they are a specific type. Most wasps I've seen are brown, aside from those.

Mr Buckshot
May 3rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
Yes I live in Canada but geologically and biologically, my province is no different from northern U.S. states on the west coast. In fact, I recognize many creatures that also live in California, where I once lived. Same insects, same squirrels, basically anything that can live in both the cool/cold Vancouver climate and the arid Silicon Valley climate.

Yellow jackets are just fancy names for North American wasps with very thick black/yellow lines on their bodies. Many youngsters often call them bees by mistake.

And yes, wasps have very potent stings.

So another update:

I was pouring rice water from my rice cooker onto some of my mom's flowers (it's very nutritious for them), when I saw another yellow jacket...which accidentally flew right into the stream of rice-water that was pouring from the pot. It survived...although it did show itself as being very agitated (probably dizzy).

TeeKup
May 3rd, 2008, 10:08 PM
You think those guys are psycho?

check out these bad boys.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9c/Jack_Jumper_Ant.jpg/250px-Jack_Jumper_Ant.jpg

These things are fucking Bad-ass.

THOSE FUCKERS GAVE ME NIGHTMARES. DO NOT FUCK WITH BULLDOG ANT.

Bodzilla
May 3rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
THERE COMING TO GET YOU.

We have some pretty fucking awesome shit in Australia. I guess it's what you get when Isolate a country for millions of years.

Agamemnon
May 3rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
Yellow jackets are just fancy names for North American wasps with very thick black/yellow lines on their bodies. Many youngsters often call them bees by mistake.
It's a specific name for a specific type of wasp. No different then calling a Mako shark a Mako shark. :/

Syuusuke
May 3rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/93/European_wasp_white_bg.jpg/250px-European_wasp_white_bg.jpg

I reached for my electric flyswatter and shocked the yellow jacket. It sailed downwards onto a newspaper like a plane that was shot down.

Hehe, awesome.

Curious, I grabbed my wire cutters and clipped off the yellow jacket's wings and stinger for further observation.

Not so awesome, that's outright fucked up, really.

Tweek
May 4th, 2008, 07:21 PM
once i found one of these in my pond

http://www.microcosmos.nl/pics/dytiscus02.jpg

now you have to keep in mind, these are the biggest fucking bastards you can have in a pons. they kill EVERYTHING, (their larva anyway, not sure about the actual beetles) they can even kill goldfish, like 10 times their size. they're the fucking velociraptor of the pond.

ofcourse, i want to get it out and kill the fucker.
i scoop it out with a net, and put it on the boards near the pond, and stomp it, damn hard too.

the fucker had NOTHING

i stomp again, NOTHING.

i picked it up, and the fucking thing bites me, and i end up bleeding.
i slammed the fucker with a big hammer.

5 times, because it managed to survive the first few strikes.

rossmum
May 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Oh wow. Tank much?

DrunkenSamus
May 4th, 2008, 10:03 PM
I fucking HATE insects. The only insect I'm actually comfortable and fine with is an ant. Like the small black ones.

Kalub
May 4th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Yea, found this out 3 summers ago, when we would swat them into our pool, and then get them into baggies and mess with them.

StankBacon
May 5th, 2008, 08:20 AM
I fucking HATE insects. The only insect I'm actually comfortable and fine with is an ant. Like the small black ones.

same here, i dont mind if i see an ant crawling on me, ill just swipe it off.

but if a spider or some other equally gross bug is on me, or even near me, i squeal like a little bitch.

TeeKup
May 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM
once i found one of these in my pond

http://www.microcosmos.nl/pics/dytiscus02.jpg

The Water Beetle, or commonly known as the Water Tiger. Those fuckers killed 3 of our gold fish last year.

However we commonly see the Japanese Beetle during the summer.
http://http://www.ent.iastate.edu/images/coleoptera/scarabaeidae/japanese_beetle_adult.jpg

TeeKup
May 5th, 2008, 09:23 PM
JESUS CHRIST.

I can't even take a piss anymore without these fuckers falling onto the paper towel dispenser!!!
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6913/1000232yw7.jpg

I had to chase the little twit with the deodorant spray and the fly swatter.

Sel
May 5th, 2008, 09:26 PM
D:

I hate bugs :(((((

rossmum
May 5th, 2008, 11:41 PM
TEEK WHY DID YOU POST THAT

WHY

FUCKING HELL USE SPOILER TAGS.

p0lar_bear
May 6th, 2008, 01:07 AM
TEEK WHY DID YOU POST THAT

WHY

FUCKING HELL USE SPOILER TAGS.

ITT: cockroaches are the new goatse for Ross.

Why am I about the only person not bothered by images of cockroaches in here? I mean, I'd be gacked out if I had roaches in my house, and would probably scream like a little girl if one was on me, but just seeing them in images doesn't bother me. vOv

mR_r0b0to
May 6th, 2008, 01:32 AM
sadistic :x

on another note, electric flyswatters are so fun

Bodzilla
May 6th, 2008, 03:20 AM
lol you people actually reat like that to a cockroach?

It's like this fucking big ]-[
meanwhile your this big.
]-----------------------------------[

It's a fucking bug you pansy's.

Kalub
May 6th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Caught another wasp today.... the bastard had two stingers in a V-shape that just freaked out when I chopped him up.

O-o

rossmum
May 6th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Zilla, they're filthy, they're full of disgusting puffy shit, they crunch like fucking det caps and they're nearly impossible to get rid of.

Not exactly something I want anywhere near me, nor are they something I want to have on my mind while eating.

n00b1n8R
May 6th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Zilla, 1. they're filthy, 2.they're full of disgusting puffy shit, 3.they crunch like fucking det caps and 4.they're nearly impossible to get rid of.

Not exactly something I want anywhere near me, nor are they something I want to have on my mind while eating.

Old wives tail
Lets stomp on you and see what comes out
o noez
L2clean. :downs:

rossmum
May 6th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Uh clearly you've never been to Newcastle. The place is like a fucking nexus for them.

Also, if you want to believe they're all hygenic and clean, fine. I'd rather not catch God-knows-what, myself. Also, human organs don't resemble scrambled eggs. I can handle intestines just fine.

n00b1n8R
May 6th, 2008, 06:33 AM
not when they've been cut out, but you try compressing the body so much it starts bursting out of every orifice then see what it looks like.

Bodzilla
May 6th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Zilla, they're filthy, they're full of disgusting puffy shit, they crunch like fucking det caps and they're nearly impossible to get rid of.

IT'S A BUG.

Irrational thought Rossypoo And this goes for everyone with some weird thing about insects, frogs, spiders what ever.
Look they're completely harmless and chances are, that toothbrush of yours has had a cocky run over it at some stage or another.
And are you dead?

can they kill you?

People and there phobias. i just don't get it. My neighbour is terrified of frogs and so was my nan. >__>
There never has been, nor will there ever be any rational thought in a phobia, so just accept it as it is and harden the fuck up.
All you have to do is remember it's a bug that cant harm you, and your 100x it's size.

rossmum
May 6th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Still not scrambled eggs.

http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-colbert.gif

Bodzilla
May 6th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Still not scrambled eggs.

http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-colbert.gif
:facepalm:

Because it's too fail for even Picard to be used.

Phobias
May 6th, 2008, 07:19 AM
IT'S A BUG.
+:words:

THIS.

I love watching people scream when the see/feel a roach or any other bug because I don't see what there is to be scared about.

rossmum
May 6th, 2008, 07:25 AM
I'm not afraid of insects nor spiders, centipedes, millipedes, or anything of the sort. I spent most of my childhood playing with beetles and spiders (unlike ours, English spiders tend not to be deadly). I can't stand roaches, though, because they are just absolutely disgusting. They get into just about any space, they scuttle around looking for food, and then when you tread on them there's a tremendous bang and a bloody huge mess all over the floor. They carry about as many germs as a biological warfare lab and they're ugly fuckers as well. I don't see what's so bloody weird about not wanting to be seeing the little bastards while I'm eating, which I was at the time.

Bodzilla
May 6th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Go outside and get a good immune system. Clearly you have not spent enough time throwing cow poo at people if you worried about the germs they carry.

rossmum
May 6th, 2008, 07:30 AM
You don't just grow a good immune system, and a 'good' immune system won't make the slightest difference if you're constantly exposed. Also, I spent plenty of time out falling over in cow shit and throwing it at people, clearly somone needs to cotton onto the fact that the whole 'Ross doesn't go outside' thing is a joke.

Bodzilla
May 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM
well then you have no reason to be afraid of their biological weapons lab then :tinfoil:
Ugly? so are half the girls in my town. no reason to be afraid of them :S
scuttling? so :S
Crunchy? it just adds to the flavor :-3
messy when squished? Thats what the antenna are for. Pick em up and everything goes with them :D

ijdgi

musicman888
May 6th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I'm frightened only by one insect in general and it doesn't even live in Colorado. It is known as the "Japanese Giant Hornet" or the "Asian Giant Hornet." Those insects are.......well I should probably just let you read for yourself..........

Info. Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

And Pics you can all find yourself as I don't want to scare everyone who looks at this page :D

teh lag
May 6th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I'm frightened only by one insect in general and it doesn't even live in Colorado. It is known as the "Japanese Giant Hornet" or the "Asian Giant Hornet." Those insects are.......well I should probably just let you read for yourself..........

Info. Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

And Pics you can all find yourself as I don't want to scare everyone who looks at this page :D

Oh Jesus Christ what the fuck no :gonk:

p0lar_bear
May 6th, 2008, 09:22 PM
That bee ball thing the Japanese honeybees do is pretty awesome.

Bodzilla
May 6th, 2008, 09:44 PM
we have bigger hornets at my house then that :S?

I leave them alone, they leave me alone. It's a good system.

Kalub
May 6th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I shot a nest that was in a tree with a .32 special.... zomg...fack...RUN!

Botolf
May 7th, 2008, 12:54 AM
That bee ball thing the Japanese honeybees do is pretty awesome.

Badass little bastards, eh? :p

Tweek
May 7th, 2008, 04:21 AM
i have a pet tarantula.

but he's a fucking pussy.

Reaper Man
May 7th, 2008, 04:59 AM
ITT: cockroaches are the new goatse for Ross.

Why am I about the only person not bothered by images of cockroaches in here? I mean, I'd be gacked out if I had roaches in my house, and would probably scream like a little girl if one was on me, but just seeing them in images doesn't bother me. vOv
<_< I ain't bothered. Fuckers crawl up my bathroom drain on occasion. Then of course, I kill em :awesome:

TeeKup
May 7th, 2008, 08:24 AM
i have a pet tarantula.

What species is it. o:

Tweek
May 7th, 2008, 08:34 AM
mexican redknee

Phobias
May 7th, 2008, 08:50 AM
i have a pet tarantula.

Ever since a mate of mine got one I've been fascinated by them.
I want one :gonk:

Rob Oplawar
May 7th, 2008, 05:30 PM
...and it doesn't even live in Colorado...
hey, a fellow Coloradan? Bout time.

Personally, most bugs just gross me out but I can deal with it, but anything with long spindly legs or more than 6 legs, especially spiders, just really freaks me out. It's irrational, yes, but there you have it: I'm an arachnophobe.

TeeKup
May 7th, 2008, 07:57 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/010/f/b/rose_tarantula_by_nullboy.jpg

Beautiful, isn't she.

Bodzilla
May 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM
yes actually <3

rossmum
May 8th, 2008, 01:55 AM
:-3

We had a gigantic Huntsman spider who lived in the garage, about the size of the palm of my hand (including legs). He used to keep the house pretty insect-free from the front, and the ducks did the same from the back. He also used to explore inside the house and hitch a ride on the car from time to time :gonk:

Reaper Man
May 8th, 2008, 02:06 AM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5923/haitharwh8.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4694/lolrossef9.jpg

Pooky
May 9th, 2008, 11:45 PM
ugh, You'll never find anything I hate more than a cockroach. I turn into a fucking sadistic bastard just being near them. I've smashed the things about 20 times with a nail hammer till they resembled white glue, cut them in half with a machete then proceeded to dice the pieces, and trapped them in candles with the lid on till they melted :|

n00b1n8R
May 9th, 2008, 11:50 PM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5923/haitharwh8.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4694/lolrossef9.jpg
FUCK I'm now trying not to make that my avatar D:

SnaFuBAR
May 10th, 2008, 01:08 AM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1483/roach1qn0.gif

creepy crawlers tbh

Botolf
May 10th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Meh, beetles are so much cooler than roaches. Roaches just have this creepy air about them.

Gamerkd16
May 10th, 2008, 03:40 AM
We have these beetle type bugs called Stink Bugs in our area. Sometimes they get in the house and damn they scare the crap out of me.

http://pictopia.com/perl/get_image?provider_id=566&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=2521449

n00b1n8R
May 10th, 2008, 04:07 AM
That's not a stink bug, these are (soon to be dead :v:) stinkbugs:
http://www.lifeunseen.com/pics/Stink%20bugs,%20unknown%20leaf%20beetle%20&%20Halconia%20immanis2.jpg

Bodzilla
May 10th, 2008, 05:38 AM
go huntsman!

stink bugs stink <:mad:>

Llama Juice
May 10th, 2008, 06:30 AM
That's it, I'm waiting for electric paper
You won't have to wait long. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_paper)

(^link)

Did everybody else seriously just miss this? WHAT THE HELL?

Also... @ bugs?

All I know... is that some spiders can fuck you up

Seriously, it's spoiler'd for a reason, you sure you wanna see it?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/RhFVDbpEWHI/AAAAAAAAASI/J_FDHMXpfVE/s400/Bite1.jpg
http://bp1.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/RhFU-rpEWGI/AAAAAAAAASA/h5indeynYKM/s400/Bite2.jpg
http://bp1.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/RhpZx0fq80I/AAAAAAAAAUQ/sosNZWq0CRs/s400/Bite3.jpg
http://bp0.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/RhpZukfq8zI/AAAAAAAAAUI/lhuKET9HOv4/s400/bite4.jpg
http://bp2.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/RiNuetzrBDI/AAAAAAAAAV4/6icktB6SvyE/s400/Bite5.jpg
http://bp2.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/RiNuZtzrBCI/AAAAAAAAAVw/SGd7JdcFlU0/s400/Bite6.jpg
http://bp2.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/Riyt1AaEOLI/AAAAAAAAAW4/VBIGiW9nujk/s400/Bite7.jpg
now the healing...
http://bp2.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/RjX5c8xAmDI/AAAAAAAAAZQ/8PXNiLqcekw/s400/Bite8.jpg
http://bp3.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/RjX5ZMxAmCI/AAAAAAAAAZI/d7vjthM-rAo/s400/Bite9.jpg
http://bp0.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/RjX5VcxAmBI/AAAAAAAAAZA/DlHdUcwEN4I/s400/bite12.JPG
http://bp1.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/Rj8rcMxAmTI/AAAAAAAAAbQ/zll08tqRkSs/s400/bite13.jpg
http://bp0.blogger.com/_-iN-28VxLQ4/Rj8rY8xAmSI/AAAAAAAAAbI/9vBAek3rdfU/s400/Bite14-.jpg

Brown Recluse Spider... Not the picture set I was looking for but... yea.

n00b1n8R
May 10th, 2008, 06:44 AM
DUDE WHAT THE FUCK
MORE THAN SPOILER TAGS ARE REQUIRED FOR THAT :gonk:

Llama Juice
May 10th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Is that better? (edit to the original spoiler)

rossmum
May 10th, 2008, 10:51 AM
grow some balls it's not that bad

n00b1n8R
May 10th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Is that better? (edit to the original spoiler)
TYVM

itszutak
May 10th, 2008, 09:24 PM
jesus FUCK CHRIST

also ross, wtf have you been watching to become immune to that.

Reaper Man
May 10th, 2008, 09:27 PM
jesus FUCK CHRIST

also ross, wtf have you been watching to become immune to that.
Himself :downs:

Syuusuke
May 10th, 2008, 09:37 PM
You mean that dangling organ?

Honestly, those aren't so bad in picture form, but if you see it right in front of your eyes, *aughhh*

Dole
May 10th, 2008, 10:04 PM
JESUS CHRIST.

I can't even take a piss anymore without these fuckers falling onto the paper towel dispenser!!!
*pic*:wtc: ...you piss in a muddy sink? (the pun, though unintentional, is also unavoidable)

that toothbrush of yours has had a cocky run over it at some stage or another
Am I the only person who saw something completely different when reading this the first time?

~ZMT~Trace
May 10th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Am I the only person who saw something completely different when reading this the first time?

No. >_<

Bodzilla
May 10th, 2008, 10:57 PM
i know we've all put something thats had cock on it into our moths at one stage.

anyone ever been to a restaurant?
Cock.

p0lar_bear
May 11th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I stopped going to KFC because they keep putting their fucking cocks in my bucket.

Bodzilla
May 11th, 2008, 07:30 AM
at least there not trying to put it in your wife's box.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/207/ebayzw6.gif (http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/207/ebayzw6.gif)

rossmum
May 11th, 2008, 09:53 AM
God, I love Ebay.