PDA

View Full Version : No CD for Halo CE?

itszutak
May 4th, 2008, 06:56 PM
So. I'm tired of swapping disks to play halo, since I know it pretty much never uses the disk except to verify my game; is there a way I can run halo without the disk?

BobtheGreatII
May 4th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Simply put. Yes.

But I also don't believe that we're aloud to discuss it here.

n00b1n8R
May 4th, 2008, 07:18 PM
IIRC, you can just make a disk image, store it on your HD and run halo from that.

Terin
May 4th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Making a disc image of it for yourself isn't illegal, as far as I know. As long as you don't distribute it. You can get ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/) and Daemon Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php) to do that.

Heathen
May 4th, 2008, 07:53 PM
swat I did.

itszutak
May 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
IIRC, you can just make a disk image, store it on your HD and run halo from that.
Alright, thanks. Looking that up right now :)

BobtheGreatII
May 4th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Alright, thanks. Looking that up right now :)

Sent you a pm if you haven't seen it yet.

Zeph
May 4th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Someone needs to write a no-cd executable for whatever version is out. 1.07 is it?

itszutak
May 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Bah. Can't fit both the game and the disk on my flash drives.

And bob, my spybot immediately complained when I visited that page, and I haven't made a backup of my computer for a while, so I haven't really looked at it yet.

supersniper
May 4th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Someone needs to write a no-cd executable for whatever version is out. 1.07 is it?I actually agree then we would get all the 300+ players from Halo CE 1.0 to Halo CE 1.07. Also because of the No-CD image wouldn't that make all the hacks not work??

BobtheGreatII
May 4th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Bah. Can't fit both the game and the disk on my flash drives.

And bob, my spybot immediately complained when I visited that page, and I haven't made a backup of my computer for a while, so I haven't really looked at it yet.

Well your spybot is dumb. I've used it many times. For Battlefield, halo, halo ce, etc. So I dunno, sorry, tried to help.

itszutak
May 4th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Will it work with the most recent version of haloCE?

kid908
May 4th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I actually agree then we would get all the 300+ players from Halo CE 1.0 to Halo CE 1.07. Also because of the No-CD image wouldn't that make all the hacks not work??

no the hacks still works if you are talking about cam hacks and stuff like that. i use the non cd execution file cuz i got lazy trying to find and switch discs and stuff. donno what ver mine is cuz i don't play online ce cuz there are way too many diff maps to choose from. i only use it to test maps mostly.

p0lar_bear
May 4th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Discussion of how to run Halo discless and the like is allowed. Asking for an image of the disc, distribution of the disc, linking to an image, etc is not.

StankBacon
May 4th, 2008, 11:27 PM
considering there is no actual data in this image, im sure it doesn't break any rules here.

http://www.hivclan.net/stuff/HALO-mini-image.rar (20mb)

its a mini image, just mount this and you don't need any no cd exe or anything else, this tricks the game into thinking the actual cd is in the drive basically.

plus, since its only 20 mb, you wont waste the space you would if you were to make an actual image.

p0lar_bear
May 4th, 2008, 11:32 PM
considering there is no actual data in this image, im sure it doesn't break any rules here.

http://www.hivclan.net/stuff/HALO-mini-image.rar (20mb)

its a mini image, just mount this and you don't need any no cd exe or anything else, this tricks the game into thinking the actual cd is in the drive basically.

plus, since its only 20 mb, you wont waste the space you would if you were to make an actual image.This is approved.

supersniper
May 5th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Sweet thanks. This saves a bunch of time.

bleach
May 5th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Is the Halo Mini image the halo.mds and .mdf file? Or is it something else? By the way I use Daemon Tools ever since last summer when my mom threw my CD away.

Sel
May 5th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I actually agree then we would get all the 300+ players from Halo CE 1.0 to Halo CE 1.07. Also because of the No-CD image wouldn't that make all the hacks not work??

Its really pathetic that more people pirating CE, than there are people who actually bought the game.

lool

Bodzilla
May 5th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Simply put. Yes.

But I also don't believe that we're aloud to discuss it here.
NO.

it's perfectly fine tbh. I only bought my halo Game for the cd key (and to pay tribute to a great game) I have used the CD img for everything since then to insure that my CD is in pristine condition.
as long as you dont distribute it, sell it or abuse it it's perfectly fine to have a cd img.

Patrickssj6
May 5th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Someone needs to write a no-cd executable for whatever version is out. 1.07 is it?
I don't know about the American laws but I think they are quite the same as here. We, as reverse engineers, are not allowed to break any copyrighted protection. Breaking the protection alone (...in this case SafeDisc 2.70.030) is already punishable.

BUT...we'll see :p

Llama Juice
May 5th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I almost always use a fixed exe unless if I'm playing online... which is hardly ever... I have two actual disks, just don't care enough to toss em in when playing.

AAA
May 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Is there anyway with a program to make an .img/.iso/...etc file for other games, mount the image to a virtual drive and successfully play the game without the CD needed?

This is a question I've been wanting to ask for a while because of my GTA San Andreas and Halo. I've looked around the internet for the answer, but none with my issue or successful answer.

I want to know how to make these image files without relying on the internet to save my ass every ally I walk into without knowing what's behind every dumpster or Homo's box home.

Terin
May 6th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Making a disc image of it for yourself isn't illegal, as far as I know. As long as you don't distribute it. You can get ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/) and Daemon Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php) to do that.That.

Assault&Battery
May 6th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I used to use a No-CD crack for the latest version of CE, but I removed it do to the fact I couldn't view any dedicated servers.

Never tried to mount a disc image before, I'll have to try that. My CE works, but the disc is almost to the point where it's too scratched to work right anymore (Been playing H1 Xbox since it came out, PC since 2004, CE since 2005).

Patrickssj6
May 7th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Is there anyway with a program to make an .img/.iso/...etc file for other games, mount the image to a virtual drive and successfully play the game without the CD needed?

This is a question I've been wanting to ask for a while because of my GTA San Andreas and Halo. I've looked around the internet for the answer, but none with my issue or successful answer.

I want to know how to make these image files without relying on the internet to save my ass every ally I walk into without knowing what's behind every dumpster or Homo's box home.
Yes but for that you would have to break the protection which would be illegal again.

You need CloneCD and ClonyXXL to break the protection.

EvilLilElmo
January 15th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Sorry for bumping this really old thread, but for the people that mounted the Halo image to play the game did the ingame text not work for them? My CD is broken apparently and I wanted to reinstall the game but I can't play it that way.

jcap
January 15th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Run haloupdate.exe in the Halo CE directory as administrator. It will update the game to 1.09 and you won't need a disc.

Amit
January 15th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Sorry for bumping this really old thread, but for the people that mounted the Halo image to play the game did the ingame text not work for them? My CD is broken apparently and I wanted to reinstall the game but I can't play it that way.

If you don't have Halo installed already, you'll need to find a disc to install it. You always try to download one, but I would advise against that. If you only want to play Halo: Custom Edition, you can just download the installer from Halomaps and use your Halo PC product key to install it. Once it's installed, do like jcap said and run the haloupdate.exe file in the folder that halo was installed it.

supersniper
January 15th, 2011, 11:17 AM
just wish all those piraters on hce 1.0 would do it... about 1000 of them play a day :O

Amit
January 15th, 2011, 03:24 PM
just wish all those piraters on hce 1.0 would do it... about 1000 of them play a day :O

You would need a valid cd-key to play online, though. So that wouldn't solve the population deficiency problems on 1.09.

EvilLilElmo
January 16th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Run haloupdate.exe in the Halo CE directory as administrator. It will update the game to 1.09 and you won't need a disc.

That would work except for the fact that I use Yelo and will be Version Changing to 1.07. Even still, that doesn't fix my no text issue.

Lateksi
January 16th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Tried this (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=268) one?

supersniper
January 16th, 2011, 10:38 AM
You would need a valid cd-key to play online, though. So that wouldn't solve the population deficiency problems on 1.09.there's a patcher that removes that check, so i mean i don't get why piraters won't do it lol.

Amit
January 16th, 2011, 10:57 AM
there's a patcher that removes that check, so i mean i don't get why piraters won't do it lol.

How do you know?

Rook
January 16th, 2011, 01:00 PM
That would work except for the fact that I use Yelo and will be Version Changing to 1.07. Even still, that doesn't fix my no text issue.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\redist\

Run msxmlenu.msi and it should fix the no text.

Patssj6
January 16th, 2011, 02:28 PM
How do you know?
http://brandinimp.com/?p=170

Amit
January 16th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Oh, well then I guess the pirates fucking hate us. Like why the hell else wouldn't they migrate. The lot of them must be too lazy to run their own servers.

It's frustrating that the only full servers I can find on 1.09 are the ones with shitty gametypes, vehicles, and douchebags. I was in the Precipice server for like 5 minutes. There were 3 other people. They all left when I joined ;_;

jcap
January 16th, 2011, 03:34 PM
What features do you use with Yelo, specifically? OpenSauce (basically the final version of Yelo) was updated to run on 1.09.

To fix the text issue, do what Rook said.

Patssj6
January 16th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I would love to see a version 1.10 with everything fixed, enhancements and with CD Key Check removed. Then we can migrate everyone to that version.

Amit
January 16th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Is it possible to change the server's version to V1.0? I actually don't give a shit about pirates anymore. I will welcome them as long as they don't hack and cause trouble.

Cortexian
January 16th, 2011, 06:27 PM
That's what the tool previously linked will let you do.

Amit
January 16th, 2011, 06:37 PM
That's what the tool previously linked will let you do.

Ahh, well I'll be honest lol. I didn't even click the link. Well then isn't that tool enough to trick the people on v1.0 into thinking they are joining a v1.0 server?

Cortexian
January 16th, 2011, 06:51 PM
No, you can only make a server show up in the list of ONE version. So if you set a 1.09 exe to list on 1.00 you'll only be able to see it in the 1.00 server list. However you can connect to any server via direct IP if patched right.

Patssj6
January 16th, 2011, 07:42 PM
You could also make it spam on every version.

Amit
January 16th, 2011, 08:02 PM
No, you can only make a server show up in the list of ONE version. So if you set a 1.09 exe to list on 1.00 you'll only be able to see it in the 1.00 server list. However you can connect to any server via direct IP if patched right.

Well that's what I mean. The server is really a v1.09 server but patch it so it's a v1.0 server only. Have everyone on v1.09 version change to v1.0 and there you go. Yeah, it's a hassle for us, but what can you do?

Cortexian
January 17th, 2011, 01:49 AM
You could also make it spam on every version.
Why hasn't someone made a patcher that lists to every version then? Would unite the pirates (who aren't that bad, just more cheaters on 1.00 as well).

Patssj6
January 17th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Lets see what you did with these people...

Kiwi - Gone
Brandon - Gone
Spartan - Gone

Kornman does not want to be arsed with this because even after 9 years, a officially released no CD Key crack and this game barely available in stores he does not want pirates.

Amit
January 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Ask Z-team maybe?

Patssj6
January 17th, 2011, 11:11 AM
xD

I could do it as well if I wanted. I'll look into it....bored anyway right now.

=sw=warlord
January 17th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Ask Z-team maybe?
You're expecting Z-Team to release a tool?
Isn't their number one rule "we are a modding team not a development team, if you want tools go find a development team."?

Amit
January 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM
You're expecting Z-Team to release a tool?
Isn't their number one rule "we are a modding team not a development team, if you want tools go find a development team."?

Sorry. I'm not so well versed on their policies. I thought shadow spartan was working on that real-time tag editor, though.

supersniper
January 17th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Lets see what you did with these people...

Kiwi - Gone
Brandon - Gone
Spartan - Gone

Kornman does not want to be arsed with this because even after 9 years, a officially released no CD Key crack and this game barely available in stores he does not want pirates.lol kiwi just fell in love with call of duty LOL and idk i havent spoken to brandon in forever. and spartan eh to me he always seemed like he had the attitude that he was better then everyone but he seemed chill.

=sw=warlord
January 17th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Sorry. I'm not so well versed on their policies. I thought shadow spartan was working on that real-time tag editor, though.

He was and stopped after having several people badger him to have copies.

ShadowSpartan
January 17th, 2011, 03:48 PM
He was and stopped after having several people badger him to have copies.
Actually it was because of people (mostly shock120 and his group of h2v people) constantly trashing myself, zteam, and other members of the community, both past and present. I was tired of it, so I stopped development on that portion of my code.

Ask Z-team maybe?
The team hasn't existed for a while now.

Kornman does not want to be arsed with this because even after 9 years, a officially released no CD Key crack and this game barely available in stores he does not want pirates.
I support him not wanting to help the pirates. If they really wanted to they could find it somewhere, but they choose to be lazy and pirate it. You can find it for $20 or less online, which is not a lot at all. There is no excuse to pirate the game.

Patssj6
January 17th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I tried to find it on the German Amazon...and they sold it for 90 Euros.

Either way I am right now writing up a Dedicated Version. I cannot test it myself but it should work.

Amit
January 17th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Well, have at it. I have searched for the past 2 years for a copy of halo for less than $20, both online and locally. Not happening. Why is it that I can still find the "A Bug's Life" game, though.

Rook
January 17th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I support him not wanting to help the pirates. If they really wanted to they could find it somewhere, but they choose to be lazy and pirate it. You can find it for $20 or less online, which is not a lot at all. There is no excuse to pirate the game.

I loved the game but it's 2011 just let people get it for free. If it were me in the shoes of someone who hasn't played halo pc why would I buy a $20 copy of that when one could buy superior multiplayer games on steam for that price if not cheaper.

Kornman00
January 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Reach's configurable nameplates probably were the cause of the price jack. Blame MS for not producing more disks (or going the Steam way), not me for not wanting to support pirates of any kind (CD key hashes are also used for banning users from servers and various rec0's tool operations, hth)

Patssj6
January 17th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I am not sure if this works but if anyone wants to try it:
--SNIPPED UNTIL FINAL RELEASE--

1.09 with CD Key check removed, works on all versions, ASCII and that shizz.

Amit
January 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
And that supposedly shows a server for all versions?

Edit: I confirmed it working on a portable version of CE on a USB stick. It's version v1.00. I don't know if other versions will work, but I'm quite sure it will.

Cortexian
January 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Pat, does that allow multiple people with the SAME key into the server? It would be better if you still only allowed one of each key, that way apps based on hash won't get fucked up.

And if you made a patcher, that would be awesome for those of us running SAPP/Rec0, etc...

Patssj6
January 17th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Pat, does that allow multiple people with the SAME key into the server? It would be better if you still only allowed one of each key, that way apps based on hash won't get fucked up.

And if you made a patcher, that would be awesome for those of us running SAPP/Rec0, etc...

Uhm yeah the CD Key check is removed but I can add it again. SAPP and Rec0 run on 1.08? I would have to add this stuff manually but it should not be too hard.

Amit
January 17th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Okay, I'm at my cousin's house right now. He's using a legit v1.09 as well. When I run the exe you provided we can see it in the portable version, but we can't see it in the v1.09 version.

Patssj6
January 17th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Made a small mistake for version 1.09. I send you the new version.

Patssj6
January 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
@Freelancer

Can you send me a haloceded for SAPP and one for Rec0? Why is no one using Gandanur?

Cortexian
January 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Probably because everyone got so used to the SAPP/Rec0 commands. I'm not sure what would be easier for you, looking at the SAPP patcher or just having the executable.

Here's the download for SAPP. (http://xhalo.co.cc/download.php?file=halo_ce_server_app.zip)

We still need a stable way of running Rec0 on 1.09, but hopefully this will fix that. Here's the original 1.07 Rec0 (http://www.mediafire.com/?25y2zp40jlrd922), hopefully you can add the little fixes that secure it from HaloLoop as well. The exe in the unloopable folder is patched against the first HaloLoop exploit that was found (what version 1.08 fixed), I don't think I have one that's also patched for the second loop (what 1.09 fixed).

For both of those it would be nice to allow shared keys, but still only one person with one particular key in the server at a time.

Patssj6
January 18th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I need the executable which are you using along with SAPP so I can make a Halo CE Ded for all versions that is compatible with SAPP.

I cannot add the fixes...I don't have the time to research where to fix.

It would be so much easier to use Gandanur...it works with 1.09 and is a lot better than Rec0.

I think your last request is done in Halo by default or not?

Cortexian
January 18th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Dunno, I remember BrandiniMP talking about it along with removing the CD Key check. I was thinking it might be one and the same.

The problem with the exe I'm using now with Rec0 + SAPP is that it's a 1.08 exe patched with Brandini's server patcher to list on 1.09. That and Rec0 is really unstable on it already. I figured that patching the 1.07 Rec0 with the SAPP patcher I linked to would be better.

There was some documentation on both the HaloLoop fixes made by BrandiniMP, he detailed what needed to be fixed and such. I tried to find it on his blog but it seems to be down, if anyone has his contact info, give him a shout.

Patssj6
January 18th, 2011, 12:17 PM
The fixes are also on aluigi and I have contact to Brandon as well...I might see...the thing is already doing this haloceded version there are some people that put their strap-ons and cry about me helping pirates.

The CD Key Check by Brandon is just to remove the validity of the CD Key. 2 people with he same CD Key cannot join the same server anyway.

Just send me your haloceded you are using right now and I will patch it to work on all versions and you can try it out.

Cortexian
January 18th, 2011, 12:35 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?bg1qa68twx9a55n

That's what I'm currently using with SAPP + Rec0. Exe is probably garbled to hell.

Patssj6
January 18th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Shouldn't be too hard.

Patssj6
January 18th, 2011, 03:32 PM
See if it works...you have to wait a few minutes though until it shows up on all.

http://www.vivid-abstractions.net/downloads/haloceded_sapp_all.rar

Cortexian
January 18th, 2011, 03:39 PM
My server is on Bloodgulch, called "Lancers Edge Test Server". I can't test it myself because I'm in the same local network and the server won't show up in the Internet list.

Patssj6
January 18th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I couldn't test it because I was at the office.

Amit
January 18th, 2011, 06:06 PM
My server is on Bloodgulch, called "Lancers Edge Test Server". I can't test it myself because I'm in the same local network and the server won't show up in the Internet list.

Even broadcasting as internet, it won't show up in the internet list if a test computer is connected to the same network? Damn. My tests have been all wrong this whole time. Good thing there's a randomly open linksys network close by.

Cortexian
January 18th, 2011, 08:17 PM
If you're on the same PC as the dedicated it will show up in the internet list, but if you're on a different PC in the same LAN it won't. At least that's been my experience.

Amit
January 18th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Oh okay. Yeah I test on multiple computers (iMac bootcamp and netbook). I don't like having to muck around with ports to allow the secondary instance to work. I still haven't tried the updated haloceded that pat sent me yesterday as I haven't had the time. I'm sure it'll work, though, since he said he made a mistake with the servers showing up on v1.09.

Cortexian
January 18th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Can someone please test to see if the "Lancers Edge Test Server" is showing up on all versions? If you've got the version changer it should just be a matter of switching to version 1.00/1.04/1.06/1.07/1.08/1.09 and refreshing the Internet list and looking for the server. It's on Bloodgulch.

supersniper
January 19th, 2011, 03:07 AM
... why not just modify the original rec0 app files to work for 1.09...

instead of a half messy 1.08 one

Amit
January 19th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Can someone please test to see if the "Lancers Edge Test Server" is showing up on all versions? If you've got the version changer it should just be a matter of switching to version 1.00/1.04/1.06/1.07/1.08/1.09 and refreshing the Internet list and looking for the server. It's on Bloodgulch.

I'll check ASAP. Headed to school right now, though.

Edit: Okay, I tested it on V1.09 with all filters open to the max. I didn't see any Lancer's Edge server. I'll download version changer when I'm at school and try out the other versions.

Patssj6
January 19th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I did not see it either but I double checked and it should be working.

Amit
January 19th, 2011, 07:16 AM
I version changed through the 1.08, 1.07, and 1.00 CE versions. The only ones I could see it on was v1.0, v1.08 and v1.09. The problem is that it comes and goes. One minute I can see the server, the next I can't. Currently when I switch back to V1.08, no servers appear at all. I did see Lancers Edge and a 24/7 server there before. They are gone now. V1.07 has failed to show me any servers except one random one. I can see Lancers Edge on V1.09 all the time, though.

Patssj6
January 19th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Ok it might be because of the interval it is called. Maybe I can raise the interval it talks to the GameSpy server.

Patssj6
January 19th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Ok I managed to raise the interval from 60 seconds to 1 second (the interval at which the server sends server information to gamespy) :P Hopefully this is not overkill.
http://www.vivid-abstractions.net/downloads/HaloCEDED/haloceded_all.rar

Includes both versions.

Cortexian
January 19th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Okay server is running updated version now, can someone check it again please? Thanks!

Edit: I'm getting a "your client is newer than the server" error when trying to direct connect to my server, funny since I'm using a 1.08 executable. If anything I usually get a "client older than server" error because I forgot to version change.

Did you enable accepting connections from any game versions Pat? I know that's possible.

Patssj6
January 19th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I thought I did with Brandon's Patcher! Let me check again...

Edit: Now it should...at least with the SAPP version. Same link as above.

Cortexian
January 20th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Seems to work, can't check if it's showing up in the server list on all versions though. Someone please test?

Sasc
January 20th, 2011, 02:33 AM
It's still disappearing.

I checked on versions 1.00, 1.07, 1.08 and 1.09 and it appears on all of them, but not always.

Patssj6
January 20th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Hmm then I guess GameSpy refuses the connection from one IP for multiple servers. I guess one could remove 1.08 and 1.07 because most players are playing 1.00 and 1.09 right? Or I need to increase the interval again...1 second is a bit too much.

Amit
January 20th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Increase the interval to 5 seconds and remove 1.07 and 1.08. I've haven't even seen any servers on v1.07 anyways...well dedicated, I mean.

Patssj6
January 20th, 2011, 11:16 AM
The Interval before was 60 seconds..I think 20 should still be enough. Thanks for the info I will remove 1.07 and 1.08.

Patssj6
January 20th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Ok hope this one will be near perfect :P

Only 1.00 and 1.09...CD Key Check still there.

www.vivid-abstractions.net/downloads/HaloCEDED/haloceded_sapp_all.rar

Patrickssj6
January 21st, 2011, 07:17 PM
Freelancer, did you had any luck? Sorry I cannot test this myself but I hope in the end the effort is worth it :P

Cortexian
January 21st, 2011, 08:10 PM
The server is up and running your latest version there, haven't heard any feedback from anyone if it's showing up in all the version lists effectively yet.

Patrickssj6
January 21st, 2011, 08:17 PM
Ok I am in (1.09) gonna see if more people join.

BTW there is a way to join your own server. You have to set in the settings the ports to 2303, 2304 (so basically +1)...if I remember correctly.

Cortexian
January 21st, 2011, 09:48 PM
That works if you're on the same machine that's hosting the server. I'm on a different PC in the same LAN, so it doesn't show up local (since the server is set to public), and it doesn't show up in the Internet list due to some faggotry.

Amit
January 21st, 2011, 10:11 PM
I'll do some testing. I didn't try before because there was no post from Freelancer yesterday or earlier today noting that the server has been updated with the new executable.

EDIT: Now I don't see it at all on 1.00ce or 1.09ce.

Cortexian
January 21st, 2011, 11:56 PM
Should be up now, I was playing with it for awhile there.

Amit
January 22nd, 2011, 01:16 AM
Yo wtf? The server is full? I wanna play lol. I see it on both now, but who knows how long that'll last before not showing up again?

EDIT: Yeah, did some more testing. It's still hit or miss. Sometimes I can see it on one, sometimes the other, most of the time neither.

Cortexian
January 22nd, 2011, 01:23 AM
lol I guess it got popular when I added the shit so the name shows up in the top of the list.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
January 22nd, 2011, 05:12 AM
Yeah, did some more testing. It's still hit or miss. Sometimes I can see it on one, sometimes the other, most of the time neither.Same here, but when I don't see it on 1.09 I can see it on 1.00 and vice versa.

P.S. The server's kinda laggy today...

Patrickssj6
January 22nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
It was full? Nice :P

We could try to minimize the disappearing by changing the interval I guess. We can never make it show up all the time on both versions but I guess that's a small sacrifice to make...or is anyone disagreeing here?

Cortexian
January 22nd, 2011, 12:15 PM
I'd rather have it go at quick intervals, that way you can just keep refreshing the list in order to join it. If you checkout the Halo Server Query tool and just spam refresh on my server you'll see the version changing back and forth:
http://www.nontent.net/halo_query/index.php?ip=174.0.56.34&port=2302

Patrickssj6
January 22nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Ah nice idea...I can write up a small prog that changes the interval in real time so you can adjust it.

Amit
January 22nd, 2011, 12:40 PM
Well, it works well enough I guess. And, Freelancer, you would teabag me you bastard lol.

The server query online shows the versions changing about every five seconds for me. The ingame list, however, reflects this change every 20 seconds. Could be my own latency, though. If I saw it on 1.09 and then it disappeared, I'd have to wait 20 seconds before it would show up in 1.00. It would be there for 10 seconds then another 20 second wait to see it back on 1.09. Interesting, indeed.

Patrickssj6
January 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
The interval currently is set to 20...

http://www.vivid-abstractions.net/downloads/HaloCEDED/HaloCEDED%20SAPP%201.png

http://www.vivid-abstractions.net/downloads/HaloCEDED/HaloCEDED%20SAPP%201.08%20Interval%20Adjuster.rar

First text box is the name of the exe (in case you have renamed it). Second text box is the intervall in seconds * 1000. So if you want 5 seconds it would be 5000. Hit Set to save and get to retrieve / to check.

€: Your server is always full :S

Amit
January 22nd, 2011, 01:13 PM
What happens if you set the interval to zero?

Patrickssj6
January 22nd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Then it will be called every few milliseconds depending on the machine and server :P (not recommended)

Amit
January 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
So we wouldn't see the server on either version...ever?

Patrickssj6
January 22nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
Actually GameSpy might refuse your connection because of too much spamming or it works but it is still overkill :P

Cortexian
January 22nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Yea server is probably full because of all the 1.00 people now, and I edited the server name so it should show up at the top part of the server list when filtering by name (which is the default). Connection isn't even that great, not sure why it's so popular all of a sudden haha.

Amit
January 22nd, 2011, 10:51 PM
Ahh that was plain good fun. I didn't know there were such commands for the game.

Cortexian
January 22nd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Yea, Skylines app has some neat stuff in it. Wish he would finish it or polish it up a little more. I was even writing some documentation for it awhile back.

Amit
January 22nd, 2011, 10:55 PM
I doubt he will. It was fun while it lasted but I think it's about time I finished off DOW 2's campaign, now.

Patrickssj6
January 23rd, 2011, 06:22 AM
You took down the link to the plain haloceded.exe without the SAPP and Rec0 stuff lol, you should just pack all three programs into one (haloceded, haloceded_sapp_all, and the interval patcher).
I took it down because the optimizations I was making were only in the SAPP version. We need to find I good interval so I can polish everything up.

On what version does Skyline's App run?

Cortexian
January 23rd, 2011, 03:51 PM
His app runs on 1.09, I took the stock 1.09 executable and used BrandiniMP's server patcher to remove the CD Key Check, ASCII Limitation, and allow connection from any version. I wasn't able to get it running with the SAPP executable though, exceptioned every time. Probably something to do wit the sv_say errors and bugs in that executable from Rec0.

Patrickssj6
January 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
Get what running...Bradini's Patcher?

Cortexian
January 23rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
I tried using the sapp_all executable you patched to spam to 1.00 AND 1.09 to work with Skylines app but it wouldn't work. His app uses a stock 1.09 haloceded and executes everything by hooking in through Strings.dll iirc. It wouldn't work with the sapp_all executable you patched to spam versions for some reason, and I assumed it didn't work because of the sv_say bugs in the sapp_all executable. I might be wrong though, it just exceptions when I start it.

Could you patch a stock 1.09 exe to spam to 1.09 AND 1.00, along with no cd key check, no ASCII limitations, allow connections from all versions, etc...

Patrickssj6
January 23rd, 2011, 07:53 PM
The next package will include:

HaloCE DED 1.09 with Spamming on 1.09 and 1.00
HaloCE DED 1.08 SAPP/Rec0 version Spamming on 1.09 and 1.00
BrandiniMP's Patcher so you can patch both servers to your liking
Intervall Changer to change the intervall if desired

Cortexian
January 23rd, 2011, 08:08 PM
Sounds good :)

supersniper
January 23rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
skylines app?

Cortexian
January 23rd, 2011, 09:50 PM
That's completely separate and will work with "HaloCE DED 1.09 with Spamming on 1.09 and 1.00".