PDA

View Full Version : Gory blood in Project Origin

343guiltymc
May 12th, 2008, 08:10 PM
http://blogs.ign.com/Monolith_Productions/2008/05/12/89500/
Wowzers. :eek:

Zeph
May 12th, 2008, 08:15 PM
The effects look nice, but there's not that much blood that comes out of a living thing if it gets shot like that. Hopefully they'll tone it down a good bit before launch.

itszutak
May 12th, 2008, 08:16 PM
That...is toned down. o_o

Amit
May 12th, 2008, 08:26 PM
It looks as though there is too much blood and that it's over emphasized.

Corndogman
May 12th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Who cares about realism, that looks badass.

thehoodedsmack
May 12th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Looks dope. Realism really shouldn't be a concern anymore, considering every game and their dog can pump out darn-near photorealism now-a-days. Go for style.

legionaire45
May 12th, 2008, 09:30 PM
That blood is incredibly impressive :D.

This game is looking good. I need to play the bloody expansion packs to the first game though >___>.

jcap
May 12th, 2008, 10:22 PM
That blood is incredibly impressive :D.

This game is looking good. I need to play the bloody expansion packs to the first game though >___>.
Just to throw it out there, the expansion packs are said to not be at all related to Project Origin. They were developed by Vivendi who owns the rights to the F.E.A.R. name. Project Origin is supposedly picking up at the end of the first game, despite the storyline the expansion packs expanded on.

Pooky
May 12th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Also the expansions don't really add anything to the main game, not even story. The only even mildly interesting addition in either of them is the laser weapon in Extraction Point.

Limited
May 15th, 2008, 09:15 AM
For those of you who clearly didnt read the article I'll let you in on a secret.

" The first few iterations of these effects were ridiculously overdone; the submachine gun would obscure an AI behind a “blood fountain”. So I dialed it back a little bit, but left enough to keep the signature over the top Project Origin feel."

The idea IS to be over the top, I bet it would look perfect in another game toned down, for this type of game where things are obviously not 100% true to life it looks great.

Cortexian
May 20th, 2008, 04:39 PM
I still don't get what people see in games were blood fountains occur ever time someone gets a paper cut... There's very little blood when you get shot, unless you're shot in a major artery or vein... And it defiantly does not shoot out of your body at five thousand miles an hour...

I have to agree though, that did look wicked sick, even though it lost points in realism.

Ifafudafi
May 20th, 2008, 05:19 PM
The guy states in the article that F.E.A.R. & Origin focus more on over-the-top, Sci-Horror action than the gritty realism found in Condemned, which is perfectly fine with me.

And I thought the original F.E.A.R. was overly bloody when people were shot. >_>